it just tastes crappy...

2»

Replies

• foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    I knew I had made a huge step in my lifestyle change when I watched the commercial for chocolate covered Oreos and couldn't wait to get a package. When I held the package in my hands at the grocery store, the picture of the 'shut the front door delicious!' oreo on the front of the package looked like nothing more than a bunch of processed crap to me. I put it back and left the store with fresh healthy stuff. Have not desired one since.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    I get it! I have not been to a single fast food restaurant in over 2 years... I drive by and remember the greasy burgers and fries and it makes me sick to my stomach! Now if only my sweet tooth and craving for chocolate once a month made me feel the same way :)
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    You guys need to bottle whatever it is that's making you dislike junk food... because I would sure pay for it! I'm doing well with my weight-loss (83 pounds so far, 12 to go), but I sure do love the occasional 'bad' food I allow myself. I had a Big Mac a month or so ago and it was awesome. A bit of some homemade berry pie? Fantastic. A single peanut butter filled pretzel? Delish. A piece of wedding cake? Yes please.

Don't get me wrong, I have got to the point where I genuinely enjoy a lot of healthy foods too. But there's a good reason that I got fat, and it wasn't because junk food tastes bad.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    The only thing I've noticed is since drinking diluted Crystal Light, Gatorade and even G2 taste like syrup.

But otherwise, everything that tasted amazing before still tastes amazing to me. Still love Southwest Eggrolls, pizza, boneless buffalo wings. Still love cake and icing and creme filled donuts... but I do get an amazing sugar rush from it I didn't get when I ate it more often.
  • shockrina
    shockrina Posts: 29
    Before I even started on this site I found that my Tyson Boneless Buffalo Wings taste funky now. Don't know what is different.
This discussion has been closed.