FiberOne bars gas problem

Options
:embarassed: I really love the FiberOne snack bars but they really give me gas! I eat one and after an hour I can't even walk without music comming out of by behind!

Does anyone else have this problem and/or know what is in the bar that causes this??

Replies

• costewar
    costewar Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That would be the chicory root in it; it's the number one ingredient in Fiber One bars. Chicory root is the ingredient that gives the bar its high fiber, but it also has been known to give some people upset stomach, diarrhea, and gas.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    A lot of people on here have issues with FibeOne bars.
  • LindsayChick
    LindsayChick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I eat at least one every day and have never had an issue. Then again, I think I have a gut of steel! Sorry it's giving you so many problems... I love them!
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    OMG! My husband calls them "fart bars" and really gets mad if I eat them! LOL The same thing happens to me! I've quit buying them just to keep the peace around here, but I really liked them.. I would have to keep a bottle of febreeze right beside me after I ate one, it was sooo bad, LOL!
  • kristyklein8
    Options
    I used to eat those and began to realize that made me feel extremely bloated and uncomfortable with gas being another side effect. I used to eat them before my workout as my afternoon snack and don't know if anyone else has this problem....but I would be running or working out hard and "music" would come flying out of my rear end as well. Hence, I have not picked them up since...
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    OMG! My husband calls them "fart bars" and really gets mad if I eat them! LOL The same thing happens to me! I've quit buying them just to keep the peace around here, but I really liked them.. I would have to keep a bottle of febreeze right beside me after I ate one, it was sooo bad, LOL!

When I used to eat those I'd tell the wife while unwraping it, "I'm busting out the *kitten*-trumpet, beware".
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Yep we call em "fart bars" too! The kids love them!
  • jsc4him
    jsc4him Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Too funny! I don't feel so bad now! But they taste sooo good!
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I saw something similar to this on Shark Tank tonight...it may be the answer to our fart bar gas problems!!

http://www.under-tec.com/index.php
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    We call them pooper bars. I can't eat them without getting gas, but I'm home alone tonight, so I busted into the hubby's stash. I really wanted chocolate and that's all we have.
  • jhchurch
    jhchurch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere, if you haven't eaten a lot of fiber in the past, one should start out slowly and build there way up. I noticed on my Summaryof have reached 60% of calorie goal with breakfast. Most of the time I never reach the daily goal. Have eaten the fiber bars in the past (whem not reducing) haven't had a problem. Out of curiosty we bought a pakage of them at Sam's yesterday. We'll keep you posted.
  • IHaveFoundMyTruth
    Options
    Ohhh this is great! Same problem in our family....and "fart bars" the name. :laugh:
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    STOP IT YOU GUYS!! This thread is making my laugh with the "music out the behind," "fart bars," & "*kitten* trumpet!" Im giggling like preschooler...my son keeps looking at me like Im going crazy! I just recently discovered the Fiber One brownies...goodness! I've been producing all sorts of music!! :laugh:
  • jsc4him
    jsc4him Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sooo, did you try a Fiberone bar yet?
  • weightofyourskin
    Options
    Ohhh thank god I'm not the only one!

I had to eat TWO FibreOne bars yesterday... I was out of town and feeling hungry, but there were only fast-food places around so I popped into a store and bought a box.

Afterwards I had to endure a two and a half hour bus ride back home. It was like TORTURE. I managed to keep it in but at times it felt like I was being punched in the stomach.

It's not like I'm not used to large amounts of fibre, because on days when I don't get a lot of it from food I add some Benefibre to my water.

TMI, I know. Sorry!
  • southernshade1
    Options
    So glad to discover I'm not the only one. My gas supply is enough to power a small country (after eating a couple of Fiber One bars)> Eat two around noon and I start braking wind around 1:30, which continues through bedtime.
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem! I love them, but it's just too embarrassing to eat them. My husband works with a bunch of crazy guys, so now he takes them in his lunch so he can "keep up" with their antics.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Ha! Is it wrong that this thread makes me want to try them?
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    I bought a box once.....and only once. Never again unfortunately....
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the image.(just kidding)

If you need to, try a pro-biotic supplement like "Align", it did wonders for me.
    For me yogurt was not enough of a pro-biotic.