FiberOne bars gas problem

Options

Replies

• capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    You system should get used to it and the gas will decrease to something more normal. If not, find somethign else to get your fiber.
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    OMG! My husband calls them "fart bars" and really gets mad if I eat them! LOL The same thing happens to me! I've quit buying them just to keep the peace around here, but I really liked them.. I would have to keep a bottle of febreeze right beside me after I ate one, it was sooo bad, LOL!

When I used to eat those I'd tell the wife while unwraping it, "I'm busting out the *kitten*-trumpet, beware".

LOL!
  • biodorkus
    biodorkus Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    lol same here... they taste amazing, but I had to stop eating them because about an hour later I had to isolate myself! For anyone with IBS, stay away from Fiber One products... they're high in fiber, but it's almost all insoluble fiber, which is what causes the gas and bloating! Soluble fiber is usually much better tolerated.
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Add my house to the list of households that call them "fart bars." And we have a box of the chocolate chip cookie flavor of the brownies (Costco sells them in a huge box) that we call "fart cookies." But I will also freely admit that my husband is a perpetual 8-12 year old boy on the inside. :laugh:
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You are so not alone! This is a well known issue and seems to be due to a particular ingredient: chicory root extract.
    Check out this site http://www.pleasegodno.com/archives/66-Fiber-One-Bars-make-me-Fart.html
    Warning, you will be doubling over in laughter!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    If you want a high fiber AND high protein bar (for relatively little calories), try some Quest bars. 17g fiber, 20g protein and 160-200ish calories. And they don't give me gas problems. The fiberone bars are a joke in comparison, IMO.
  • michiganmama33
    Options
    I've had the same problem! I love them, but it's just too embarrassing to eat them. My husband works with a bunch of crazy guys, so now he takes them in his lunch so he can "keep up" with their antics.
    [/quote

That just cracked me up. Men!!LOL
  • Shook765
    Shook765 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    lol. Cracking up at my desk right now! I totally get this! I also have the same problems! They are good though and nice when you want something sweet that's good for ya.
  • fervc6064
    Options
    Fart bars, fart sticks....
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    they taste great and i like eating them but yep. I dont buy them anymore just for that reason. :)
  • wendrz
    wendrz Posts: 118
    Options
    THANK YOU for posting this......I thought I was the only one that had this gastorious problem! LOL I love the fiberone bars, but no so much that I want to booty toot the rest of the day. Used to be a joke at work, as I would eat one for snack at 3, everyone would hear the wrapper and get nervous! haha Lots of trips to the girls room....
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I love them and I don't have problems, kids love them too I have to buy every week
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    sometimes i like to play russian roulette by eating like 6 fiber one bars and then going to bed.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    sometimes i like to play russian roulette by eating like 6 fiber one bars and then going to bed.
    You are mental! ROFL!!!
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!!! I thought I was the only one. I had to stop eating them completely because I felt so bad afterwards, and didn't feel better until one or two days later
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You are so not alone! This is a well known issue and seems to be due to a particular ingredient: chicory root extract.
    Check out this site http://www.pleasegodno.com/archives/66-Fiber-One-Bars-make-me-Fart.html

LOL!!! This was hilarious :-D
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options

OMG! I checked out this link last night and laughed so hard I couldn't breathe! Thanks for helping me burn a few extra calories while sitting on my couch.
  • PhillyTD
    PhillyTD Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    WARNING: DO NOT eat 3 FiberOne bars after a night of drinking.

don-t-cross-the-streams-t-shirt-vintage-t-shirt-review-snorg-tees-snorg-tees.gif
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    There is a fiber one brownie with about 5 grams of fiber in it that won't give you explosive gas.
  • shelbysp8
    shelbysp8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    OMG YES!!!! I will not eat one unless I am home during the weekend and not going anywhere. I feel like I will completely blow up! CRAZY!!! You are NOT alone!:embarassed: