Greek Yogurt

Options
13»

Replies

• letsdothis2010
    letsdothis2010 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Chobani with fruit on the bottom :love:

It's really yummy. I've tried a lot of other brands and never really liked them. My favorite is the one with blueberry.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it, why eat it. I like Greek yogurt and prefer it to most regular yogurt but I rarely eat it because it just adds protein and calories I don't need (I'm almost always over on protein anyway).

Because protein is good and the default amount MFP suggests is far too low.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it, why eat it. I like Greek yogurt and prefer it to most regular yogurt but I rarely eat it because it just adds protein and calories I don't need (I'm almost always over on protein anyway).

Because protein is good and the default amount MFP suggests is far too low.

No, it's the USDA recommendation based on what you entered as your activity level. But they point was that there are plenty of other sources of protein than Greek yogurt, so I don't see why anyone would try to eat it if they don't like it. If you don't like yogurt, eat nuts, or meat, or fish, or cheese, or beans or some other protein source.
  • where_next
    where_next Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like Fage 0% plain Greek Yogurt. I don't buy the flavored ones because they have an incredible amount of sugar in them. The way I sweeten it is with 1/2 cup of Kashi Go Lean Honey Almond Flax cereal (protein & crunch)l and 1/2 cup of strawberries. Super yummy, super healthy. I like Fage because it's one of the best tasting plain greek yogurts out there, very creamy and thick, (in my opinion) and it has probiotics built in for immunity and intestinal health.

Hope this helps :~)

I agree here, SO much sugar. I also add vanilla and fruit as suggested earlier, or sometimes just use it in smoothies. I'll have to try it with pudding mix, sounds like a great dessert idea.
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I eat Liberte' plain greek yogurt and add 1-2 packets of Sweet n Low to it, then some cinnamon. I don't like buying flavored ones, they taste too sweet for me. It's more fun trying to find ways to flavor it at home, anyways.
  • rlsanch2005
    Options
    Chobani with fruit is my choice.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is wierd.

Personally I like FAGE plain and then I stir in sugar free fat free pudding mix.

But I hear honey mixed in it is good too..

It is an aquired taste so it takes some getting used to.
    I agree. Of the plain Greek yogurts, I prefer Fage. Chobani left a funny aftertaste to me. I do Fage with a little bit of agave nectar mixed in. Yum!! Sometimes I'll add fresh blueberries, strawberries and/or banana. Love it! I've also used plain Greek yogurt in place of sour cream and mayo when mixing up my tuna.