What am I doing wrong ? :-(

Options
2»

Replies

• cariandy
    cariandy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong!!!! As a woman, you have to be at peace with fluctating weight..When I started losing i noticed the same exact thing! big loss, good loss, tiny loss then gain..then the cycle starts over again.. I started noticing this kind pattern after a few months and tried not to panic because the weigh was coming off slow but sure!! Don't give up!! you are doing great! keep drinking your water and make sure to eat your calories and you will see!! DON"T GET DISCOURAGED!!! you are doing great! :smile:
  • shazz20
    shazz20 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi ya

1st cong grats for loosing that weight in those 2 weeks.

Just wondering how you did that..

I am having a silimal problem where by I have been going to the gym everyday since last week for an hr and dont seem to have lost much weight.. maybe 2lb.. but the more I seem to go to the gym, the less calories i seem to burn

eg today I did 52 mins on the treadmill and burnt only 310 cals, where as last week i did 35mins on it and burnt at least 400. I am rather upset that when spending considerable longer on the treadmill i lost much less weight.

Also, i have been trying to eat as little cals as possible... goal per day is 1200 and I am trying to eat 1000 where possible... is this wrong? and can sum1 explain why eating more, i.e 1200 after exercise, helps u loose weight

im so confused.. I dont seem to be getting anywhere :-( and i have changed my diet..

help!

Cheers guys

x
  • KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree with what everyone is suggesting about eating more! Also look at your fruits and veggie intake and try to add some to every meal for some much needed vitamins and also water/fibre content! I would try to stay away from processed meats and food in general.
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hello girly :)

Well your dedication and determination is definitly there, so your doing a great job by keeping up your workouts! unfortunately I was looking at your diary, and it seems your not eating enough, you have to give your body fuel to burn +sum in order to loose weight. also if your body keeps burning what is not there, you could loose muscle mass.......Eat your fruits, eat your veggies, if you know your working out, eat a big healthy lunch, and then go at it hard, and you'll see results.......don't expect to loose 4 lbs a week everytime, weight will come off differently through the weeks and get tougher as your closer to your goal, so keep it up you'll see results ;) it's a slow and hard process sometimes! Best of luck!

-Jess :flowerforyou: cheer up
  • KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You need to eat your exercise calories and at least the 1200 day that Mfp recommends so that your body doesn't start preserving fat. Also switch up your exercise by doing intervals on the treadmil and incorporating hills as well. I have managed an average of 3.5 lbs per week loss by doing this and eating back all my exercise cals.
  • Jrh2os
    Jrh2os Posts: 28
    Options
    If I've learned anything on this weight loss journey, it's the following:

- set realistic goals (unless you have a lot (100+ lbs) to lose you probably aren't going lose 15 lbs a month and stay healthy)
    - find a routine that works for you and stick to it - simple is usually better (I usually eat the same thing every day for breakfast. I like it, it's fairly low fat it keeps me filled up until lunch and I feel good all morning).
    - be patient (if you are taking in less then you are burning, you will lose the weight eventually)
    - Don't panic over plateaus and slight weight gain, they happen to everyone. You are in this for the long term and steady weight loss over time is what counts.

I've had plateaus where I gained and lost the same pound to pound and a half for up to 4 weeks. Sometimes I've seen my clothes get looser even though my weight is stable. Then "surprise", I lose 3 pounds in one day and keep it off. I initiall y averaged about 1-1/2 pounds a week. Now I'm losing about a pound a week, but only if I look over multiple weeks.

Hang in there! You are doing great.
  • jeepgirl001
    Options
    Congratulations on losing all that weight!! But it seems that you are not eating enough. Your body needs more food for your workouts. There are certain foods that you should eat before and especially after a workout to put the nutrients back into your body. There is an article about eating before and after workouts on www.weightwatchers.ca.

Keep up the good work!!
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

This really was a helpful post, bjohs. Thanks again for it! I also read these two things yesterday that gave me a completely different perspective on my scale...I can't remember who originally put them up, but they were great!

http://primitivestimulus.com/2011/03/attention-scale-addicts/
    http://everydaypaleo.com/2011/06/22/attention-scale-addicts-part-2/

Part 2 has some amazing photos!
  • ebelliss
    ebelliss Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Just like everyone else has said....PLEASE eat more, your body is holding onto every last thing you feed it because it's not frying enough fuel, especially if you are exercising. I started at 1200 cals per day and didn't eat my exercise calories, I lost 4 pounds real quick, but after a couple weeks BOOM plateau and I started gaining 3 pounds back. I have now changed my goals to lose 1/2 a pound per week AND I eat my exercise calories. I haven't weighed in yet, but I feel so much more energized than I did before, and I feel full without feeling gross. Maybe try to start out with eating your exercise calories and see how your body reacts. Weight loss is a tricky thing, and it doesn't happen overnight, just listen to your body and give it the fuel it needs to burn those pounds off! You got this!