Any Cheese Addicts?

Options
13»

Replies

• cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    "Hello my name is Cara, and I'm a Cheese Addict. It's been 10 days since my last bite of extra sharp cheddar..."

Kind of funny, but truth is, I can't have it around. I LOVE Black Diamond Extra Sharp Cheddar. I don't even like "near" cheese. I want the smooth, tangy, mouth feel of full fat cheddar... But I know I can't control myself around it, and until I can, it can't live with me. I'm hoping someday...
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I use strongly flavored cheeses in moderation (1T blue cheese on a salad; shaved parmesan or gruyere), and find that grating cheddar on the super fine side of my box grater makes 1/2 oz go REALLY far.....the four of us split an ounce of cheddar on burritos (well, I had lettuce wraps, but the same filling.)

Cheese is definitely a "happy food" for me, and nothing beats a great cheddar melt with tomato soup on a snowy day. (I'm clinging to the thought that winter will, inevitably, follow fall...which should follow "scorch," right?)
  • Curtism1234
    Curtism1234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Provel is my crack. I eat about 1 1/2 pounds a week! :noway:
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I live in France, I can say no more and alternatives are against the law here. 

I also live in France and agree 100% When people ask me why I moved to France I tell them it's because I love wine and cheese.
    This town is full of savoyarde restaurants with menus consisting of nothing but cook-it-yourself cheese. Fondue, raclette, reblochonnade, reblochon en croute....
    The goats cheese is pretty good too, and that's healthier so I try to stick to that or blue cheese, as it's stronger so I need less.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    I don't eat "lite" cheese except for a laughing cow wedge in the morning, but I love Prima Donna, Goat Brie, Robusta, St. Andre (try it room temp with peaches), Armenian String Cheese, Tallegio(eaten like brie), etc. I figure if I'm going to eat something I like, I will just eat it in moderation instead of eating fake food.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm at an AA meeting... the more I read, the more I WANT!!
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of reduced fat options out now! Look for a skim milk cheese... it's not got quite the same richness of flavor but it's still cheese and it gets you over that craving. I found a brand that does low cal/low fat cheese sticks and they are great -- 1 is like 40 calories and it gets me my cheese fix. Also, try parmesan/romano cheese in grated form. 1 tablespoon is something like 10 calories I think? Great for pasta.