me+lots of water=bathroom constantly!

Options
jennor8or
jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
ok, so this might be tmi, but is there anyone else out there who has to pee ALL THE TIME bc of the amount of water you're drinking?! i mean... i am drinking prob 80 oz of water a day.. about 16 oz of that is coffee... I just started on here and my body is NOT used to that much fluid... to top it off i'm eating a lot of watermellon, brocolli, salad, etc (which i understand also has a high water content). Does this eventually slow down? Will my bladder get used to this change in fluid intake? or am i doomed to run to the bathroom 4 times an hour?! LOL

Replies

• datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I was the same way at first.. but it only lasted a week or soo... I found myself going 5-8 times a day... which is ALOT for me... but after a while your piss becomes clear and you have detoxed yourself... and the pee's slow down :) TMI I know.. but meh!
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    I did!!! ALL THE TIME! Now I only have to pee all the time at bedtime. I'm assuming my body is slowly, slowly, slowly adjusting itself to my new water intake.
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    I hear you on the bathroom thing, I feel at least it gets me up from my desk often enough throughout the work day...lol. I try to cut back on the water at least an hour before bedtime though...
  • 1bigtabbycat
    1bigtabbycat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I totally hear you on that. My bathroom and I are getting to know each other quite well! :love:
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    Eventually your body gets used to the amount of fluids you drink. Though coffee is a diaretic so that increases your frequency. Keep at it eventually you won't be going all the time.
  • Keebler125
    Keebler125 Posts: 44
    Options
    i drink TONS of water.. and yeah, im in the bathroom A LOT!!! lol
  • Mucky_Duck
    Mucky_Duck Posts: 73
    Options
    I've noticed a correlation between the beginning of my time on MFP and a moderate increase in bathroom visits. :P Don't think I'm the only one.
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I know I'm drinking 80 oz. of H2O a day. And I go all the time too. At least, it's making us do our squats!
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Yes, I had to go to the bathroom a LOT. I started drinking at least 64oz of water about a month ago. I go a lot less now, although I do go more than before I started drinking 64oz. I think the more exercising & sweating has helped me cut down on the bathroom trips too.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I go all the time!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I'm going right now...
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I pee just about every day. No lie.
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I know I'm drinking 80 oz. of H2O a day. And I go all the time too. At least, it's making us do our squats!

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. I remember the first time I did Insanity I was in SO much pain that I couldn't even do that squat without being in intense pain (actually, any movement caused intense pain, lol).

But yes, I have the same problem. The other night I wanted to just sleep in the bathroom so that I wouldn't have to get up every second.
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    I found after a couple weeks or so it either slowed down or maybe I just got used to all the running back and forth...lol But the way I look at it, all those trips back & forth is just a little extra boost of activity!
  • beckystephens
    beckystephens Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    yup. on bikram days i have to over-hydrate throughout the day. sucks!!
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I teach my anatomy & physiology students that water balance (osmotic balance) in the body comes down to a simple equation: water in = water out. The body's two best ways to regulate water and ion concentration are through the thirst reflex (water in) and water loss in urine (water out). Basically the more you take in the more you have to pee out once ionic equilibrium is released in order to maintain normal neuromuscular function. Sorry if this sounds technical but it's the science behind the raging urination that accompanies weight loss. :)
  • foofums
    foofums Posts: 3
    Options
    Yeah, I have to pee a lot due to so much water, too lol.

That was really interesting, scschenk!
  • clairibou1
    clairibou1 Posts: 124
    Options
    i have totally had the same issue. i used to drink MAYBE 20 oz a day, and that was on a good day. one day, i decided that i wanted to drink 2 liters of water everyday, as per the daily requirements i found online. HOLY COW! i had to pee every 5 minutes, and i felt like every time i got back from the bathroom, i would have to sprint back. well, but day 1.5 of this, i was exhausted and actually getting kind of dizzy because of the huge increase in my water intake. so i slowed it down and tried to build up to it...i started at 1 liter a day, and am currently doing about 1.5...goal is to get to 2 by new years! but as i moved along, i did notice that my body is holding up at least a little better...the bathroom trips are a little less frequent, plus i am drinking even more water than i did when i started, so that must be a good sign! :)
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Just think of all the extra steps you're taking throughout the day now! :wink:
  • Mathisfun
    Mathisfun Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Feel as though I am about to float away.....struggle to drink 8 glasses. Hopefully will settle down before school begins in 3 weeks...would hate to run out on the kids :blushing: