Scale boycott

Options
2»

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,060 Member
    Options
    skinnyminnie18: I agree with Kelly. You are thin enough and actually need to put on a few pounds. Take care of yourself. We're concerned about you!

Yeah, I looked at skinnyminnie18's profile a few minutes ago, too. I was terrified for her.

I wish there was a way we could help you. If you want to weigh 70 pounds (according to your profile), and you are 5'8", I would hope you can find some good professional advice before you ruin your health.

We do care about you, and please keep us posted, skinnyminnie18. :heart:

Cheryl
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,060 Member
    Options
    I've told this story before about the "accident" my digital scale had. It involved a pitcher of water, the scale, my inability to guage the edge of the countertop, and gravity. You do the math.

Voila'. no more scale obsession! And I never bought another one. That was almost a year ago. I fluctuate 2-5 pounds occassionally: no biggie. I can tell by my clothes. Three pounds seems to give me the start of the dreaded "love handles".

I don't even measure anymore. I'm not much of a numbers girl, I guess. Or maybe I obsessed too much when trying to lose it!
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Didn't read every post sorry if I'm repeating someone. Instead of the scale, try measuring or getting "pinched" at the gym to get your body fat % and then go back in a month again, and see where you're at.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    I was just thinking this about 30 minutes ago.

I weigh myself ever yday (well, actually before and after bed) it's gotten really really bad. Especially since I've been in a plateau for 1.5 weeks now. It's getting really frustrating.

I can't go too long, but I am going to try try try so hard to only weigh once a week. Ugh.

It's not easy breaking the habit but it can be done:drinker: :wink: Personally I think weighing once a day is sorta setting oneself up for huge mood changes:laugh: & a huge obsession. I couldn't stand when the scale owned me!!:noway: :huh: :grumble:

It doesn't anymore. I say get out those tape measures even if you've been at this awhile and go from there, taking monthly measurements or whatever works for you. I have a trainer at the gym take mine, always use the same trainer so I'm measured in the same spots.

Oh yeah, measurements are awesome! I just started them a month ago (too bad I didn't 60lbs ago, oh well). In 4 weeks I had lost a total of 11 inches! SO AMAZING! And it made me feel better about my slower weight loss (which is normal!).

Thank you!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    It's weird, I do weigh myself now, but I don't care if I go up a pound or two when I step on. It used to depress me completely. Now I have realized I am doing all the right things eating what I am supposed to and exercising, therefore the one or two I have gone up is not real, just body fluctuations. I never thought that would happen for me, the scales used to make or break my day.

feels good doesn't it!:drinker:
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I stopped weighing myself a LONG time ago. Now, I've decided that weighing myself once a week is the best plan. Then, I can really track my weight loss/gain more accurately because I won't be dealing with those annoying daily water weight fluctuations.

Good God, you are starting at my weight and want to what seems an "anorexic " level?
    PLEASE don't, if you feel that you need to loose that much talk to someone professional,
    my daughter who is 28 has had an eating disorder since 12 ..under control now but still needs help with it.
    Be careful honey, don't want to see anyone putting themselves at risk :flowerforyou: You look perfect to me already :bigsmile: :heart:
  • skinnyminnie18
    Options
    70 pounds is a weight I'd like to get to at SOMETIME in my life. Not necessarily right now. Actually, I need to stay within a certain weight range for my parents to continue to pay for my college education, so I'm just losing 5 pounds right now. I'm sorry if I freaked everyone out. I'll even take it off my profile.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    i'm going to smash it with a hammer:bigsmile:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hey Skinnie Minnie says it in your name. Obviously you don't think you're fat, and you're sure not. So use this program to learn the proper foods and nutrition to take in and what you need especially at your age and gender, and put some muscle on those bones-girl! Nothing looks better than a fit, muscular toned, confident woman. :wink:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Skinnyminnie, Your parents are obviously concerned about your health if they are telling you that you need to stay in a certain weight range. At your height 70 lbs now or anytime in the future is not healthy. Please seek help, you have an eating disorder. I am guessing your parents know this and you may have already been in treatment but are continueing in your behavior.
    I only say these things because I don't want to see you cause damage to your body.
    Kelly
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    70 pounds is a weight I'd like to get to at SOMETIME in my life. Not necessarily right now. Actually, I need to stay within a certain weight range for my parents to continue to pay for my college education, so I'm just losing 5 pounds right now. I'm sorry if I freaked everyone out. I'll even take it off my profile.

70 pounds is not a healthy weight for someone of your height and age. It's worse than unhealthy--it's life-threatening. If you continue to post here attempting to lose weight, I will report your posts for your own good. You don't need to lose anything--you need to seek out professional help. Anorexia kills people every day. When you run out of body fat and skeletal muscle to break down for energy, your body will break down your heart muscle for energy. At that point, you will go into cardiac arrest. Before that, you will become weak, lose consciousness regularly, be in and out of the hospital for IV nutrition and hydration, and cause your family and friends much distress.

Is it worth it for a scale number?