The Exercists (August Challenge) closed group

Options

Replies

• hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm Gwynne, I'm 32, and I live in Washington State. Like others here, I suppose I've always been larger. I'm an emotional eater so I'm hoping that tracking everything will make me stop and think before going for that comfort. I just joined MFP last week and thought that diving right into a challenge might be the best way to get started. I want to lose around 15 to 16 pounds in August. So... Yeah. Let's kick some tail!
  • libs41223
    libs41223 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

My name is Libby, I'm 32, and I live in Illinois just a few minutes from "The Cheddar Curtain" :) I have 2 kiddos and a wonderful husband. I've been overweight most of my life. My kids came one right after the other and now that my oldest is 11, I think it is time to focus on me. I'm looking to lose 10 pounds this month. That number is a little more than what the doc would like to see at my appointment at the beginning of September. My goal is to finish this challenge. I start strong and taper off. Time to change that. :)

I will send a picture soon. I have to find one.
  • DelightfullyWifed
    Options
    HI my name is Meghan and I am 26 years old living in Jacksonville, Florida. I was a competitive swimmer for 16.5 years of my life. I finished and retired after my senior year in college in 2003 weighing 135lbs. At the end of last year I weighted 194lbs. I have been working on it for a bit and down to 173lbs now (it's been a struggle for the last 8 months). I want to lose 8lbs during August. I have always struggled and figured 2lbs a week is a goal that I can do if I really work at it this August!

Looking forward to it!!! Let's go Team Exercists!!!
  • DelightfullyWifed
    Options
    I also have the goal to check in EVERY day this month! I have yet to do that. I also have not been good about tracking how much water I drink. I need to be better about that. I don't have a picture from today, however, last weekend was my birthday and I haven't lost anything since then so I will send one of those in.

Here's to a great August! :)
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    Let's see, I've been "chubby" most of my adult life and that morphed into fat and that slide into really fat. I am allergic to seafood, an ovo-lacto vegetarian and have several food sensitivities. As a result I try to eat as clean as possible.

I started this with a focus on getting healthy first and losing weight second. I got tired of getting sick all the time and realized if I didn't clean up my diet I would always be sick and have to take more and more medicine.

So this is my journey. I don;t have a set weight goal past losing at least 100lbs. Anything beyond that is gravy as far as I'm concerned.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Question...how are weigh-in's handled?
  • phawley13
    phawley13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Well I said I would say more, I live in Connecticut now but I grew up in Massachusetts.I am 25 and engaged, getting married in 2013 and I want to loose as much of this weight as I can by then.

Like I said I have always been heavy, but part of that is because of my body structure. My overall goal is to get down to 200. I know that is where some people start but for me that weight is when my collar bone sticks out and although it doesn't give me definition in my abs my stomach is basically flat.

It takes me so long to loose weight, that my 8 pound goal might be a bit hard but I am going to do my best.

I will always try to loose more but since I can recall I have never been below 195, and that was when I was running cross country in high school.
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    How do we record our exercise challenges. For example the jumping jacks. It doesnt ask for how many just how long. I am breaking mine up into sets of 20
  • DelightfullyWifed
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have been keeping a blog about my journey - Honesty is my Diet! I definitely will be talking about this challenge throught it this month. If you want to follow it or keep up with me I would love it! You can find my blog here - http://honestyismydiet.blogspot.com/

Hope you like it and good luck to everyone this month! I know if we all work really hard, set our minds to it, and dig deep we will all accomplish our goals and more!!!

~Meghan
    Team The Exercists!!!!!!!
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    Meghan I add your blog to my roll. Here is my address http://moreofyoulessofme2010.blogspot.com/ . Feel free to add me. I am planning on totally updating it today because it has been a long while. I just remember that my blogging really helped me
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    Today's challenge is to do 100 jumping jacks. These don't have to be done all at one time, you can break them up into manageable chunks! Also remember this part:

Week One Weekly Team Challenge

Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over
    their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days
    your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

so make sure you log log log and drink drink drink!! :bigsmile:

Good luck to everyone today. As always if you have any questions, please ask them here, chances are if you have a question someone else does too!
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    How do you record the jumping jacks under exercise?
  • wvualum
    Options
    How do you record the jumping jacks under exercise?

It is actually listed in the mfp database. Just look up jumping jacks, it will ask for time, so you'll have to put in however many minutes it took to do them.
  • wvualum
    Options
    How is everyone doing today? Ready to kick the crap out of August???
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    I am pysched, motivated and ready to rock and roll. Here is my question though. I CANT do a single situp or crunch. I have tried many times and it is just not physcially possibly right now. I have a weak lower back with problems, no core strength and all of my weight is around my middle. How do I handle that challenge?
  • DelightfullyWifed
    Options
    YAY thanks for adding me gracefullyjenn ! I just added you as well. I LOVE blogging! i just started mid-June and have been going strong with it ever since. I blog Monday-Friday everyday and I try to do it at least once on the weekends. It really has been a useful tool for me on my journey! I hope yours helps you again on yours. :wink:

Let's go Team The Exercists!!!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I started kicking the crap out of August with day one of Jillian Michael's "Ripped in 30". Will be doing my jumping jacks later tonight. As I'll be traveling out of town tonight for work (and won't be home till tomorrow night) I'll be missing some of my normal Zumba classes -- grrr. But no worries, I'll get at that as soon as I'm able to. Actually, I'll have to do day 2 of Ripped later tomorrow night, which I can' t stand (would rather do in the morning) - but I ain't lettin' down TEAM EXERCISTS!

Good luck everyone!!!
  • scante60
    scante60 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Feeling good about all this!!! I did my 100 jumping jacks this morning, and will do the rest of my workout a little later today. Go team!
  • phawley13
    phawley13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to go home and do the jumping jacks, I just wish I had the set up to do more at home, since we just moved stuff my elliptical is not set up yet and the only tv in the house is being used almost all day so I can't get my wii up, and there is rain coming threw today so I can't go to my favorite trail to walk/run.

This means I am going to try and set up my laptop and do one of the very few dvd's I have....or I will walk/run in the rain...

gotta keep motivated...
  • murelzgirl
    murelzgirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling good and motivated today. I'm about to do my jumping jacks now, then when my husband gets home from work we're heading to the gym.

Go team The Exercists!