The Exercists (August Challenge) closed group

Options

Replies

• nb9251
    nb9251 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm up for more challenges! The walk felt so good yesterday, I walked to work today (in the rain!!).

I wish I could walk to work, but it takes me an hour to drive to work, so it would take all day to walk to work....

Mine is an hour and ten minutes, I feel ya.

I will add daddyzgrrl28 to the team.

Thanks! I'll have her request you and send you her starting weight and goals
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    I added her as my friend.

We still have room for at least one more!!!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    How do we post that we did sit-ups. Not that I've done them yet, but I noticed they're not in Cardio, so they don't pop up on your profile. Do we just post it in strength training and tell you that we've done them?

Maybe Calisthenics
    I found sit ups in cardio.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    what are ups and downs?
  • wvualum
    Options
    UPS and DOWNS

http://www.youtube.com/user/sixpackshortcuts?v=bkD9LwDBWW0&feature=pyv&ad=7237549087&kw=exercise

The very first part of this exercise is the up and downs. They may be modified by simply starting on all 4's and then standing up quickly and returning to this position to all 4's. This is a cardio exercise! Don't be freaked out but all he is doing just do the first part and modify if needed.

REMEMBER ITS THE VERY FIRST THING HE DOES ON THE FLOOR that's it! Unless you are a real rockstar then finish it out if you can. It's a crazy exercise. Be ready for great exercises you can do at home without anything!
  • CassandreNoreen
    CassandreNoreen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing with the challenge so far?

I feel like we aren't talking very much on this topic!

I'm excited for my ups and downs after work tonight... I've never done them before!
  • wvualum
    Options

I'm excited for my ups and downs after work tonight... I've never done them before!

I agree. I think we use our news feeds so much, the problem is I miss a lot that way. I still think we need to challenge another team. I know of a few team captains we can challenge. Anyone want to do this? What do we want to challenge them?
  • phawley13
    phawley13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try the up and downs but for those people (like me) who don't have hrm's how do we track these because they are not on the exercise list
  • CassandreNoreen
    Options
    I can't wait to try the up and downs but for those people (like me) who don't have hrm's how do we track these because they are not on the exercise list

Good question. I don't have one either...
  • CassandreNoreen
    Options

Good question. I don't have one either...

Gary said that he would put them as "Aerobic High Impact" for as long as you did them... and he also said they'd be returning in the competition, so I hope you all like them! ;)
  • wvualum
    Options
    NOTICE :

We are going to announce a modification later today regarding some important changes in the team scoring. After much thought and consideration we've decided to move towards a percentage based challenge. These changes are to accomodate those teams who have lost team members. The % will make this fair across the board. I want to especially thank all of those who have helped with this process especially jitteryspork. She has modified my old sheet and created a new point sheet. I will be emailing it later today once we're sure its set. Thank you for your understanding I believe this will provide for better results and make all teams equal. Thanks! UNLEASH THE BEAST WITHIN!
  • nb9251
    Options

I agree. I think we use our news feeds so much, the problem is I miss a lot that way. I still think we need to challenge another team. I know of a few team captains we can challenge. Anyone want to do this? What do we want to challenge them?

I'm so down to challenge another team. I'm not sure who is on what teamso I didn't know if I had any friends onanother team. But I'm down for whatever team you choose
  • wvualum
    Options
    I know I am friends with the captain of Saints and Slimmers, what should we challenge them?
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Oh, BRING IT! Do we have to be friends with another team or could we just randomly pick one and put the smack down? :D

I'm noting all my challenges in the exercise notes if there isn't a clear option to pick.
  • wvualum
    Options
    I think we should just troll their boards and issue a challenge and talk a little trash.
  • nb9251
    Options
    I know I am friends with the captain of Saints and Slimmers, what should we challenge them?

What about 50 belt kicks?
    or
    15 push up jacks(these are brutal)
  • wvualum
    Options

or

What are belt kicks!
  • nb9251
    Options

or

What are belt kicks!

They are squats with a front kick. I'll look for a youtube video of them when I get home from work. No youtube here.
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    Ooo... Belt kicks are brutal. We should challenge them to 25 of 'em.
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    Since I am not youtube limited... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo