Chocolate, cheese or wine?

Options
1235»

Replies

• GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Wine, cannot stomach the smell or taste of it.
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    For all of the wine haters on here, I'm going to guess that you've only drank grocery store wine before. Is that right? I feel so bad for people who don't drink wine. Having a nice, inky petite syrah or a big, jammy zin or a smooth, delicate pinot noir that smacks of cola and vanilla and... dear god, you must try something not purchased at your local grocery store and certainly not something in a 1500 ml bottle. Some of the grocery store wine is okay, but you have to experiment and know your stuff. My mother swore off wine until I took her tasting at our local wineries and WE LIVE IN FRIGGIN' IDAHO! Not exactly a wine region, but locally / craft made wine tastes so much better than commercial stuff.

GIVE IT A TRY! You don't know what you're missing!

Or you've tried this stuff and just genuinely don't like wine. In which case, ignore this and apologies.

I used to enjoy a glass every now and then. One night I got sick after drinking two glasses of wine (I didn't over-indulge, I had a bug) and I just cannot stand any part of it now.

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Cheese. Definitely. I can't even begin to describe how insane I'd have to be to give up chocolate, and wine I enjoy more than cheese.
  • Imback257
    Imback257 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Cheese. Definitely. I can't even begin to describe how insane I'd have to be to give up chocolate, and wine I enjoy more than cheese.

Lol!!! Let's hope you never get that insane then. Lol. For me..... chocolate. Sorry! :(
  • LisaMahlet
    LisaMahlet Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Wine.....but never long islands!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Imback257 wrote: »

Lol!!! Let's hope you never get that insane then. Lol. For me..... chocolate. Sorry! :(
    To each his own! I started second guessing myself after I posted... not because I would give up chocolate (of course not!), but because I started remembering how delicious brie cheese is. And camembert... and rich blue cheese on a burger... so it would either be wine or cheese. I think it would be painful to give any of them up, personally!
  • Imback257
    Imback257 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Imback257 wrote: »

To each his own! I started second guessing myself after I posted... not because I would give up chocolate (of course not!), but because I started remembering how delicious brie cheese is. And camembert... and rich blue cheese on a burger... so it would either be wine or cheese. I think it would be painful to give any of them up, personally!

Stop! Making me hungry now. Lol! Screw this, you're right. I'm not giving up any. Lol
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    To give up? Wine. Can do without that.
    Cheese makes almost everything taste better.
    And you can have my chocolate when you pry it from my cold, dead, chocolate-smeared hands.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    For all of the wine haters on here, I'm going to guess that you've only drank grocery store wine before.
    Wrong.
    I've had wine in Italy, and England, and France, and Germany, and at wineries in the USA. Even did a
    wine tasting at the Biltmore estate, which was really nice; wish I could have afforded several cases
    to be shipped home.
    Also, yes, plenty of US-made wines bought in a variety of venues.
    It's not that I hate wine, but of the 3 choices given it would be the easiest to go without.

• Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Can I give them all up?
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    borst14 wrote: »
    Can I give them all up?

No - well not for this particular question.

How could anyone give up chocolate! OMG chocolate rocks! I do understand (having made it since I was a kid). But still, nothing like a great pure dark chocolate bar for dessert.
  • gquesnelle
    gquesnelle Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Would totally give up wine, not a fan of wine at all.
  • jackiereaves
    jackiereaves Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Easy choice, wine!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    You can have my chocolate, wine, and cheese, when you pull them out of my cold dead hands!
  • shadiasadar
    shadiasadar Posts: 9 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I will say bye bye Wine. chocolate and cheese are my two favorites cheat meals :)