Globo Gym - August Challenge Update Week 1 (Closed Group)

Options
Globo Gym Members, the time has come. We have found out what Gary has in store for us all. Here are the Week 1 Challenges we will face:

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks
Day 2 Exercise Challenge – Walk, Run or Jog 1 Mile (more than your usual walk/run)
Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches
Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 40 UP and Downs
Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 25 Push-ups
Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 25 Squat Lunges
Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

Once/if you complete a daily challenge send me an email noting it. I will keep track of it all (unless some people can help me). I can definitely use some Lieutenants to help keep track of a 4-5 people and then have the Lt's report to me with the results. (what do you guys think?)

Also, please send me your current weight. I will need to track team weight loss as well.

Let's go Globo Gym and lets kick the crap out of August!!!

Replies

• Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    The weapons of mass reduction would like to issue their condolences to your team. Although we are sure your efforts will be mighty, the will fall short just like your team mascot.

LONG LIVE WEAPONS OF MASS REDUCTION!
  • MissWait
    MissWait Posts: 160
    Options
    Them fighting words Gary!!!

Can't wait to get started...Jumping Jacks straight up, man I could kill the person responsible for coming up with them :laugh:
  • MissWait
    Options
    Them fighting words Gary!!!

Can't wait to get started...Jumping Jacks straight up, man I could kill the person responsible for coming up with them :laugh:
  • knowmydestiny
    knowmydestiny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    anyone know what up and downs are?
  • sandy729
    sandy729 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I can help track..just let me know who to track. Go Globo Gym!
    Globo Gym Members, the time has come. We have found out what Gary has in store for us all. Here are the Week 1 Challenges we will face:

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – Walk, Run or Jog 1 Mile (more than your usual walk/run)
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 40 UP and Downs
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 25 Push-ups
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 25 Squat Lunges
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

Once/if you complete a daily challenge send me an email noting it. I will keep track of it all (unless some people can help me). I can definitely use some Lieutenants to help keep track of a 4-5 people and then have the Lt's report to me with the results. (what do you guys think?)

Also, please send me your current weight. I will need to track team weight loss as well.

Let's go Globo Gym and lets kick the crap out of August!!!
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I know you're closed but had to tell you all the group name gave me a great laugh!
  • JoseMedina21
    JoseMedina21 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I know you're closed but had to tell you all the group name gave me a great laugh!

lol, thanks. im glad you liked it.
  • JoseMedina21
    Options
    The weapons of mass reduction would like to issue their condolences to your team. Although we are sure your efforts will be mighty, the will fall short just like your team mascot.

LONG LIVE WEAPONS OF MASS REDUCTION!

Oh Gary, we will have plenty of fun this month. I see you are invading enemy territory today. :)
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    woohoo!!! I can keep track of a few member just let me know who!!!
  • bella_baby
    bella_baby Posts: 22
    Options

I'm also confused about those...please help!
  • amayzingamanda
    amayzingamanda Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'd also like to know what "up and downs" are. And if you can clarify what lunge squats are too.... I'd like to think I know what they are, but i have a feeling I'm thinking of something totally different.
  • JoseMedina21
    Options

I'm also confused about those...please help!

Team, here is a link for up/downs. Start the video at about 3:25

http://www.youtube.com/user/sixpackshortcuts?v=bkD9LwDBWW0&feature=pyv&ad=7237549087&kw=exercise
  • JoseMedina21
    Options
    I'd also like to know what "up and downs" are. And if you can clarify what lunge squats are too.... I'd like to think I know what they are, but i have a feeling I'm thinking of something totally different.

Amanda, they are basically lunges. Moving one leg in front of the other while that leg is being parallel to the ground
  • sccamero
    sccamero Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This is going to be an interesting week. lol.
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    ok i am here on the new thread. Hope everyone jumping jacks are going well today. Drink up the water all
  • MissWait
    Options
    My Jumping Jacks are done, my water is drunk. Happy days :happy:
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am on every day too if you need any more help Jose. Let me know.

water drunk today, under cal goal and 100 jumping jacks done
  • tony2009
    tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Can we knock out more than one day in a single day? I plan on going for a run today and I will be doing pushups/jumping jacks along with it. If so that would be great since I do a 2 on 1 off strength training routine.
  • BethanieK
    BethanieK Posts: 201
    Options
    Task 1 completed! :) We are on our way!
  • JoseMedina21
    Options
    I can double check with Gary, but I am sure it is just an additional task already added to your normal routing. More like a bonus workout.