Is it bad to eat baby food?

Options
emilyc92
emilyc92 Posts: 182 Member
I was at the grocery store and I found these Gerber "Graduates for Preschoolers" meals. They have pasta with meat sauce, ravioli, and a bunch of other meals that actually look pretty good. They are really low in calories too for descent sized portions. I bought some to try... but do you think it's a bad idea to eat baby food? I'll still make sure I'm getting enough calories and everything, but they really do look good to me!

Replies

• AnnetteBlair
    AnnetteBlair Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's going to make it harder to pick up guys at the grocery store.

HAHA or would it?

I wouldn't overdue it.. your body will still crave texture and crunchies. Try one and see!
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Don't some of the star's do some crazy "baby food diet" and everyone was saying how bad it was????

Anyway I would say baby food is perfectly healthy. If it weren't, babies would suffer and there wouldn't be a market for it. However, I would think that this is still a processed food and they tend to have a lot of sugar, salt, preservatives, and flavor additives personally I never bought pre-made baby for for any of my kids you can't beat the real thing. Also remember adults need other nutrients not found in the right proportions in babyfood.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    It probably won't do your physical health any harm but your mental health might take a bit of a beating... it's BABY food, of which you are not! It doesn't have the nutrients that you need to keep yourself healthy, plus... it's BABY food!

It wouldn't be sustainable, not really and not in the long run. If you're after a quick fix then it won't do any harm, but you should probably try something that you can see yourself doing for the rest of your life, there are plenty of healthy, low-cal alternatives that you can eat without having to open a jar with a baby on the front.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't really consider those baby food more like toddler? When I think baby food I think of the jars with mashed up food. Also, I got those for my girls before- not that good- like the other poster said, they are very bland.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I eat the Gerber's Yogurt Bites ALL the time. (Pretty much freeze-dried yogurt droplets) And I eat the banana baby cereal puffs too. :D I like them. Sometimes I buy baby food applesauce or... banana sauce. I've been thinking of trying the toddler pasta meals and stuff, but I bet they are bland. I'll just stick with a mini can of Chef Boyardee. :P

Nothing wrong with eating some baby food though. Lol. I even have a MFP friend who eats the toddler sausages... Kinda like vienna weiners, but a ton less calories and fat.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I eat my daughter's YoBaby organic yogurt all the time. The blueberry one is delicious and only 100 cal! That being said, the main problem with eating the toddler meals I think is that if it does work for weight loss, it isn't necessarily sustainable. D you want to eat them for the rest of your life? And the same goes for any prepackaged meals. The best thing to do is to learn to make delicious healthy meals. Otherwise you're venturing into fad diet type habits.

You see, I don't think the OP was talking about eating ONLY baby/toddler foods. Of course it's not sustainable to restrict only to prepackaged meals, but it's okay to have a "baby lean cuisine" every now and then. :P
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I eat the Gerber's Yogurt Bites ALL the time. (Pretty much freeze-dried yogurt droplets) And I eat the banana baby cereal puffs too. :D I like them. Sometimes I buy baby food applesauce or... banana sauce. I've been thinking of trying the toddler pasta meals and stuff, but I bet they are bland. I'll just stick with a mini can of Chef Boyardee. :P

Nothing wrong with eating some baby food though. Lol. I even have a MFP friend who eats the toddler sausages... Kinda like vienna weiners, but a ton less calories and fat.

oh yeah, those little meat sticks are so good...:laugh:
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My kids think they are disgusting and won't eat them (their nana tried, I refuse to buy them)....but enjoy!
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    The question is... are you a baby/preschooler?
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    If you like it go for it! As I have a toddler I tried all of those Gerber graduates, and I didn`t like the taste. My toddler also didn`t like them , so I stopped buying it, . However, if you like the taste, I do not see why not.
    Generally baby and toddler food have much less additive , less sodium etc, so.
    I keep many toddler snack at home: rice tusk, cereal bars etc, and my whole family munching on them even my husband ;)
  • espinozAgal
    espinozAgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    it might look good...but it's very bland.
  • plv2010
    plv2010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    They are less appealing than they look. I tried the pick up pasta a couple times, when my son wants to share and try to feed me one. Not something I would normally eat.