Is it bad to eat baby food?

Options

Replies

• Valoriedt
    Valoriedt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just read in some magazine where a woman GAINED weight from eating baby food. She said the sodium or something made her bloated and she stayed hungry. I think it was More magazine. I was reading it in the gym.
  • SweetTeaBlossom
    Options
    I was at the grocery store and I found these Gerber "Graduates for Preschoolers" meals. They have pasta with meat sauce, ravioli, and a bunch of other meals that actually look pretty good. They are really low in calories too for descent sized portions. I bought some to try... but do you think it's a bad idea to eat baby food? I'll still make sure I'm getting enough calories and everything, but they really do look good to me!

I just bought some of the Earth's Best stage 2 and 3 jars. Sodium is between 15 mg to 45 mg per jar. I intend to use them for in between meals. I haven't actually tried them yet so I don't know if it will work for me. I plan to try the preschooler meals later on.

I don't think there's anything wrong with trying it out. Tell us how you liked them.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can eat them. All they are are boiled, pureed food in small servings.
  • emilyc92
    emilyc92 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I tried the "Pizza Shaped Pasta with Turley Sausage in Herb Tomato Sauce with Mixed Vegetables" one today. It was actually pretty good! I can see how some people would find them bland, but I didn't mind the taste at all. It was onyly 140 calories, and totally worth it to me!
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    People, please look at the OP's food diary before encouraging this any more. She is clearly not eating enough, and these "toddler" meals are another way to do just that :/

I have to agree, 700 calories a day is not healthy.
  • wrobwood
    Options
    Baby food is a lot healthier than what a normal adult would eat ,people say they have alot of added sugars and additives. I just ate a gerber turkey rice and veggie meal which is 130 calories and the ingrdients in order are water, carrots,sweet potatoes,ground turkey,whole grain brown rice flour, apples, tomatoe puree canola oil, onion powder,ascorbic acid .Yes adults require more calories but with people who have an eating disorder it woudnt matter if you made sure they didnt get the baby food they would find other ways to starve, If you repflaced the baby food with a unhealthy snake you would be better off.
  • wrobwood
    Options
    :smile: Baby food is a lot healthier than what a normal adult would eat ,people say they have alot of added sugars and additives. I just ate a gerber turkey rice and veggie meal which is 130 calories and the ingredients in order are water, carrots,sweet potatoes,ground turkey,whole grain brown rice flour, apples, tomatoe puree canola oil, onion powder,ascorbic acid .Yes adults require more calories but with people who have an eating disorder it woudnt matter if you made sure they didnt get the baby food they would find other ways to starve, If you repflaced the baby food with a unhealthy snake you would be better off.
    [/quote]
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Seriously, those things look gross. I wouldn't even feed them to a toddler.

Eat real food.

This ^^^

I never gave my babies that stuff. I bought a food processor and pulverized food. When they were toddlers, they ate small portions of the same dinner as mom and dad. (not to mention that they are kinda pricey)
  • sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Eat food. Real, chew-this-because-you-now-have-teeth adult, healthy food, like veggies & fruits and lean meats. Add water. Enjoy good health!:drinker:

listen to her :p
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I thought you had to be an adult to register for MFP? This site isn't safe for toddlers
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I've seen some pretty big babies lately... so no
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    trololololo
  • raynagorowitz
    raynagorowitz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't like to eat a diet of only baby food, but the so-called "kiddie" snacks are a tasty choice for when Munch Mania hits and an apple or carrot sticks just won't cut it. I love the Puffs and the yogurt kisses (although I buy the Happy Organics yogurt kisses because I'm a vegetarian and Gerber's yogurt kisses have gelatin in them
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with it provided that you enjoy it and that it helps you meet your macros. I admit to liking those little freeze-dried yogurt drops and baby cereal puffs for snacks myself. Some of the little fruit/veggie puree jars are pretty yummy too.

I doubt that the "toddler meals" would be enough to keep your full for long though. After all, they're made to fill the stomach of a two-year-old, not a grown adult. I'd suggest you try some adult-sized frozen meals.

BTW: No ready-to-eat prepackaged meal looks as good in real life as it does on the package

Case-in-point:
    turkey-meal.jpg
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    They won't hurt you, but they're not very tasty.
  • vegaslounge
    vegaslounge Posts: 122 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Are you a baby?

I remember the "baby food diet" being popular amongst my freshman college peers in the early 2000s and I didn't get it even then. They all said the food tasted awful and in those months, I don't recall any of them getting any skinnier. And, lord, is it expensive. A couple jars of baby food can, price-wise, equal most of a week's "real" meals.

The saddest thing was that these same classmates, like myself, were living in Paris and had cheese shops and bakeries within steps of our school. I gained a few pounds freshman year, but man, they were worth it.

~VL
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with it provided that you enjoy it and that it helps you meet your macros. I admit to liking those little freeze-dried yogurt drops and baby cereal puffs for snacks myself. Some of the little fruit/veggie puree jars are pretty yummy too.

I doubt that the "toddler meals" would be enough to keep your full for long though. After all, they're made to fill the stomach of a two-year-old, not a grown adult. I'd suggest you try some adult-sized frozen meals.

BTW: No ready-to-eat prepackaged meal looks as good in real life as it does on the package

Case-in-point:
    turkey-meal.jpg

id rather be hungry :/

anyways, i didnt even feed my BABIES baby food.

I made theirs. real food, food processor. it wasnt hard.