Replies

• PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    If you have a BBQ grilling is great and quick
  • suzyluzy
    suzyluzy Posts: 78
    Options
    Pepper, garlic or onion powder, maybe some paprika, olive oil, and lemon juice! coat evenly in a bowl, put in the oven. i play it by ear, until it's soft and turning golden. 400-450.
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    BUMP - thanks for the great ideas!
  • nancye610
    nancye610 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    They are really nice oven roasted in olive oil with a bit of salt. Takes about 30-40 mins.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I second the motion on the George forman grill. I did baked eggplant instead of frying it and it was aweful.
  • AWHull
    AWHull Posts: 10
    Options
    I made up my own recipe: Mrs. Dash (Table variety), Garlic powder, Onion powder, Pepper, Salt. ( eyeballed the quantities of each podwer having the bulk of the mixture as Mrs. Dash). Slice Zuchinni (and Summer squash) thick (1/4 inch), rinse, while damp, spray with canola oil coat well in powder mixture. Spray cookie sheet with canola and bake squash for 20 minutes on 400 degees. To make them crisp, at the end I turn the oven to broil on 500 and watch them carefully. They turned out great! Even my veggie-phobic husband ate them!
  • msfitgator
    Options
    Thanks! Looks good. I'm going to try that soon.
  • emmaline8
    emmaline8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Ooh I think I'll give these a shot tonight too! We have zucchini in the garden that needs to be used :)