40 pounds and I don't see the difference

Options

Replies

• shiransom
    shiransom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I bet that friend was just jealous!!!

I agree! 40 lbs quite an accomplishment! Congratulations!!!!
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    Maybe you are too close to the 'subject' perhaps you need some perspective. a before and after picture. someone who has not seen you in awhile.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    If you are fairly large it can take a bit to see a difference. I lost 35 before folks started to say anything. And the NSV's lately have been way more positive than the scale. Hang in there, My guess is you probably carry your weight well and it may take longer for others to notice, but I'd be leery of a friend who doesn't notice two sizes. Thats pretty significant. Good luck and don't give up.
  • espinozAgal
    espinozAgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    hmm.. might depend on how heavy you started at. Many times, you don't see a huge difference when you're really big.

Your friend was kinda rude, imho...

If you have pictures on a server like photobucket, then just get the address of the pictures you want, and put them in a post with [ img] in front with no spaces and [ /img] at the end.

Such as: [ img]http:blah.blah.com/picture123.jpg[ /img]
    IMO that's when you see it the most. People started asking me when I hit the 20lb mark. At 40lbs even if she is still wearing her old clothes, which would be swimming on her, it should be noticeable. Sadly it just sounds like a bunch of unsupportive people and perhaps the OP is being hard on herself. I can't really see a difference when I look in the mirror, but I'm down 2 sizes and my old clothes practically fall off. Also my feet and ankles used to be swollen and they have returned completely to normal.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference between the 2 pictures. You keep up the good work!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I have lost 45lbs so far and 3 sizes and I don't see a difference. But people who don't see me often are the ones who can usually tell. I only really see a difference when I look at pictures. When I put the pictures side by side I see a big difference.
  • katlady32
    katlady32 Posts: 18
    Options
    40 pounds is tremendous! You know who notices? Your heart, your knees, your lungs, your feet, all visceral organs! You are on the right track and have treated yourself well! Keep up the great work. Your friends WILL notice, trust me. Maybe they are trying to be polite, pretending they didn't think you needed to lose weight.
  • mmlovers90
    mmlovers90 Posts: 21
    Options
    Congrats on your 40!!! I can't wait until I get there! :) I've lost 26 pounds so far...not as much as you but no one has noticed so I know how you feel. I am in this for the long haul so I am going to keep plugging away anyhow, and eventually, somebody HAS to notice! LOL! I agree about the baggy clothes...most of mine are falling off now and when I wear them, it's no wonder no one has noticed. I hate to get new clothes though, since I have a lot of weight to lose. Time to hit the garage sales I guess! LOL!
  • jcannon15
    jcannon15 Posts: 148
    Options
    i def see a difference you're wayyy littler in the second picture.! keep up the good work and don't let peoples comments get you down you look awesome :)
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Did you take any measurements along the way? -No matter - if you've gone down 2 sizes then there IS a difference. Look at you before pictures ... Try on your old clothes.. You will see a difference.

I have Also lost 40 Lbs. And sometimes I don't see a difference... But I also have to stand next to my husband who's lost 90 lbs. And EVERYONE notices his loss and not so much mine. But when I am away from him the people at work notice my loss.
    I carry my weight around the middle vs on my thighs ... So I always looked pregnant, I still have a gut and I know it will be the very last thing to get slim... This also makes it hard for me to see a difference...

I started out in a size 18 jeans from the womens dept. and now wear 14 from the juniors dept. When I was in size 16 I thought there wasn't much difference between the 18, 16, and 14.... Then I tried my 18's on yesterday and I couldn't believe my eyes - they were soooooo huge! I plan to post some pictures tonight or tomorrow. Friend me if you like.

TRY ON YOUR OLD CLOTHES AND DON'T GIVE UP!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    old003.jpg

264834_10150240826659333_786459332_6994935_7462263_n.jpg

hope this works. first one is me at 218 the second one is me a few weeks ago at 182. I am 178 today.

Wow hon. . . You can see a huge difference. . . You look amazing. . . Sorry your friend had issues saying that. . . Wow. . Keep up the good work!:smile:
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    old003.jpg

hope this works. first one is me at 218 the second one is me a few weeks ago at 182. I am 178 today.

I see a difference in your face and your shoulders especially!
  • gettinghealthy777
    Options
    Nice friend, could have said it differently :grumble:
  • espinozAgal
    Options
    old003.jpg

• jhungate
    jhungate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It took me to get in the 50+ pound range before people started to notice. don't worry about it though, it is all about how you feel and your health.

7938366.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • minnie86
    minnie86 Posts: 187
    Options
    I can absolutely see the difference! Look at you legs, face, everywhere! You look great!
  • espinozAgal
    Options
    Nice friend, could have said it differently :grumble:

I agree. She has lost weight too and it's super obvious on her. I cheer her on and tell her she looks great. just hoping for the same motivation from her.
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Yes there is a huge difference, even in your face! Don't let people get you down, you are doing a great job!
  • espinozAgal
    Options
    It's a great idea to get rid of my bigger clothes! I'm still wearing them even two sizes too big. Some days i'll feel ok, then I'll catch a glimpse of myself in the window or in a mirror at the mall and I'll be disgusted with myself!! I guess it's in the mind... right??

I've never had so many people be so supoortive and nice to me as you all are!! Thanks...from the bottom of my heart!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!