How many pounds did you lose before losing a size?

Options

Replies

• Joisgettingfit
    Joisgettingfit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I usually lose a size up top first, but usually when i lose around 10-14lbs i'll drop a dress size.

so know i'm about a 10-12 - my cw is 145
    when I'm 133 i'm a comfy ten
    and when I was 126 I was still a 10 but my jeans were baggy but 8's didn't fit, I was however an 8 on top.
    I'm talking in uk sizes btw.
  • CaseyDiane
    CaseyDiane Posts: 22
    Options
    I am very large and it takes me about 20 pounds to go down a size. (it is really frustrating!!)
  • AshjMusik
    AshjMusik Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I usually don't get new clothes till theyre totally worn down so it's hard to say for sure, but prob around the 10/15lb mark like the other girls. My bra fit much better about 10lbs into it, 4mnths & 20lbs later I went from a 14 to a 10. I think it depends mire on inches lost than weight, & how ur body is naturally proportioned.
  • saadler
    saadler Posts: 116
    Options
    I've lost about 15 and still can't completely fit into the next size down.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Zero.....nada...zilch. I'm dead serious. I recently went down a size and lost a total of .6lbs....basically, nothing since that is water weight. I never go by the scale or how much I weigh. Everyone is different, but just sharing my experience. :-)

That has been my experience lately, too.
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    It can vary from person to person but for me it's around 10 lbs or so.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    For me ... takes 20 lbs. to lose a size - less for that size to feel loose of course : )
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    It took 20 pounds to lose my first size, but only 10 pounds to lost each size after that!
  • kysue1029
    kysue1029 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have lost 17 lbs, and still haven't gone down a size. I'm getting frustrated...
  • minnie86
    minnie86 Posts: 187
    Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing. I completely understand it varies from person to person, but I was just curious. After reading, it ranged from 0-30....good to know.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    11lbs for me
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I can now fit comfortably into size 14 stretchy clothes, and size L shirts instead of XL, but as for my waist in non-stretchy things...still a 16, although it's much looser in general than before. And I can fit into junior sizes!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    In general, 5 lbs is a size for me (I'm 5.4). However, in the last month I have fluctuated with 1 pound but I've lost several inches, so while I wish I would hit my goal (2-3 lbs away, depending on the day), I am very pleased with the inches lost.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I was about 10lbs before I went down a size but part of that was due to strength training that made me leaner--even if the numbers didn't go down on the scale.
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options
    About 12 lbs to go from size 8 to size 6. I've lost almost 8 more pounds since then and I'm still a size 6 but fit into some 4 and even some 2's tightly. Hopefully I'll drop another size soon :)
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I started at about 140 at a size 8 and around 132/133 had to go down to a size 6.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    4, but I'm short and it takes forever for me to lose a pound
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    I lost about 15ish lbs before I noticed a big enough different in my clothing sizes.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9". I'm a size 12 at 175, a size 10 at 160, and not yet a size 8, so 150. So about 10-15 lbs I guess.
  • ColetteDuchnowski
    Options
    I am large and I didn't notice a loss in sizes until I lost around 35 - 40 lbs I think. I was in a 4X and now wear a 3X, depending on the clothing style or manufacturer. It is very frustrating to lose weight and inches and not see a noticeable change in clothing sizes.