August Century plus cycling challenge

Replies

• BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    I broke a pedal on my bike but this weekend it got new clipless pedals and mtb shoes. I am shooting for 300 this month since I basically took the first week off to rest and recuperate. I rode a bit this weekend and commuted to work today so I am at 59.34 miles.
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Really cooled off nicely tonight. Rode 15 miles; 186 miles for August.
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    I broke a pedal on my bike but this weekend it got new clipless pedals and mtb shoes. I am shooting for 300 this month since I basically took the first week off to rest and recuperate. I rode a bit this weekend and commuted to work today so I am at 59.34 miles.

Are you going to be honest with us and tell us about your first I can't clip out fall? LOL
  • CDGolden
    CDGolden Posts: 343 Member
    August 8th...31 miles....124 for the month so far....getting close to 450
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    10 last night, so 83 to go!! I need to get crackin! Will finally have my new bike by next week though so should log some good mileage the last half of the month.
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434

Are you going to be honest with us and tell us about your first I can't clip out fall? LOL

No falls yet, but I have had a couple of heart pounding moments. It might be because I've been using toe clips and I'm used to the idea of removing my foot at the right time. I do think I am at the point where I am comfortable enough with them that I might just forget and fall over sometime soon before the muscle memory is completely ingrained.
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,161 Member
    miles
    8/1 5.10
    8/2 4.05
    8/4 11.08
    8/5 8.30
    8/8 11.74

Aug Total 40.27
  • TDSeest
    Rode 15.5 miles tonight; 201 miles for the month. Keep on pedaling...
  • lee155
    lee155 Posts: 120
    I'm in for 200 miles.

Did 26 miles already.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    So I've run 20 miles this month, but have yet to get my azz in the saddle... :)
  • TDSeest
    Rode 17.5 miles this morning; 219 miles for the month.

Keep on riding. It's finally cooling down for us.
  • TDSeest
    So I've run 20 miles this month, but have yet to get my azz in the saddle... :)

Cool. Wish I had lost enough weight to run; my knees can't handle it yet.
  • TDSeest
    16 more miles tonight; 235 miles for the month.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    16 more miles tonight; 235 miles for the month.

awesome! I'm up to 22.2 run! LOL
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    08/01-14.24 miles
    08/03-42.25 miles
    08/07-22.66 miles
    08/10-42.84 miles
  • jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Im in for august, i dont think it can get hotter than July...

100 miles

I lied it just got hotter i rode yesterday broke a record heat index upwards of 110, i decided to push my self and rode a couple of miles further and uphill, it felt great.

Chill saturday ride - no the weather chill just distance chill. 13.55mi.

17 more

exercise.png
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    62 to date, 138 to go. We usually do bigger rides on the weekend but the last few weekends have been spent away with no bike. The weather has not been cooperating either since it decides to rain with thunder and lightening in the early evening when I ride......what's up with that mother nature!
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Yay!! It stopped raining and I was able to add some miles!!! 24.9 more, to be exact!!! Rode to work today, then home, then tackled 10.5 miles with a friend on the bike trail. We have rides scheduled for Saturday AND Sunday morning, too!! WooHoo!!
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    96 so far....nearly to 100...going out of town this weekend so no long rides for me...going to have to really hump it when I get back...
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Work has kept me off my bike and it looks like this weekend with moving one of my daughters isn't going to help. I thought August was going to be better but I guess not.
This discussion has been closed.