Brides to Be! Challenge for August (closed group)

Options
This is our thread. WOOOOOO! We can talk about struggles, successes, wedding stuff, whatever here.

If you are wanting to join the challenge, we'll have a new one in September.

Replies

• mizjohnston
    mizjohnston Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to it. :)
  • mattiol4
    mattiol4 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yay! So, what days are we doing the weigh-ins and taking the measurements?
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Mondays! I'm going to post up the spread sheet links and announce the 2 teams in a few hours. I've going to spend some time with the fam first.
  • MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am so freaking excited!!!
  • SMarie1219
    SMarie1219 Posts: 67
    Options
    Awesome! I am glad I have some other brides out there to help me reach my goal!
  • mattiol4
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks so much for doing this! :)
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvQDbMtESxM-dFhWV2ZnVDN0NkdOb0l5aXgzWjF1dlE&hl=en_US
    My team: FutureMrsSmith04, KansasGal, aml1631, princessmikayla5, catanzca, tiggerfan, FutureMrsWanland, DRAGONGIRL91, mattiol4, nicothepotato, and atay18

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvQDbMtESxM-dHJmZ3hCVlh2cHNQOEdnTXNsYkJGREE&hl=en_US
    Vancemarylin's team: vancemarylln, SMarie1219, MrsBycroft2B, ido10612, soccerella, vannabehr, Natasha26, hherrin01, vdavis_89, mattiol4, and julies90

Every Monday, you will update your measurements on the spreadsheet for the corresponding week. August 1 will be week 1. The captains will review the spreadsheet sometime on Tuesday to make sure the whole team has updated and will contact the brides that haven't. If you can't get to the spreadsheet for some reason or can't figure it out, message your measurements to your captain.

The measurements you need to take are your weight, inches around the bust, directly under the bust, waist at the belly button, and hips. It's best to get your weight first thing in the morning after bathroom business is done.

The only prizes here are a hot body, health, confidence and pride. If you cheat, you're only cheating yourself.

Any questions can be asked here or to my inbox and I will answer the best I can.
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm hoping I put my info in correctly! Thanks for all your hard work setting things up :)
  • tiggerfan
    Options
    thanx for setting this up,
    I'm going to be taking it week by week, can garentee ( cant spell) that when I normally sign up for things, I end putting weight on instead of losing weight.
    shall I take my measurements now? (its monday 3pm here, or leave it til Tuesday morning)
  • tiggerfan
    Options
    so what colours are our dresses???
    Mine is hot pink, with sparkles
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Mine is white (or ivory? can't remember). I bought a pink sash to go around my waist though. I tried my dress on in all pink but with my skin tone it washed me out :(

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Organza-Fit-and-Flare-Gown-with-Bias-Flange-Skirt-VW351011_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Designer-White-by-Vera-Wang

This is the link if anyone wants to see it. If anyone has pics I'd love to see everyone's dress!
  • tiggerfan
    Options
    would put a pic up, but dont know how to here
  • atay18
    atay18 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I actually went and tried my dress on yesterday and it fits better then in May! I can zip the side up with no problems now. I can't wait to wear it! But first, sit ups, push ups, squats and cardio...
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

The only prizes here are a hot body, health, confidence and pride. If you cheat, you're only cheating yourself.

Love this!!! :love:

I forgot about the challenge starting today...I will have to do my measurements at home tonight.

Good luck everyone!! :flowerforyou:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I just want to share a story that the alterations lady at David's Bridal told me. Be very careful with your workouts once you have purchased your dress.

She told me of a bride that was taking on a new workout routine and she built up muscles in her back to the point that the dress would not zip up. :frown:

She wasn't saying don't work out but just cautioned to be careful on what you are doing because some things will change your body shape. Just something to remember.:flowerforyou:
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Measurements in!

I haven't even gone to look at dresses yet! I get marred in April and have to wait until we have the money which won't be until February! I know that is cutting it close but what else can I do! lol, oh well!
  • KansasGal
    Options

Gorgeous dress!!!
  • KansasGal
    Options

Gorgeous dress!!!
  • mattiol4
    Options
    I recorded my weight and measurements! :)

All your dresses look beautiful! I haven't bought my dress yet. I have been looking though. I am waiting until I am nearer to or reach my goal weight to buy my dress. I have a while though since my wedding is in December 2012.