Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HCG drops..Have you tried them?

2»

Replies

• w4rn3r
    w4rn3r Posts: 63
    Just like any "diet pill" you lose alot of weight while you are taking them but as soon as you stop you gain all the weight back if not more. I havent personally taken anything, but a good friend of mine had done the HCG thing and she said she lost 50 pounds but with in 3-4 months after she quit taking it she gained all of it back and about 5 pounds more. Girl...throw it out...you dont need it. Slow and steady wins the race with great results. Just make the best choices in food. You can eat just about anything in moderation. You can do this with out some "Fad diet pill". I have faith in you. If I can do it...anyone can. YOU GOT THIS!!! :wink:
    HCG is no fad its been used in the USA for the las 30 years, and all those people who have put the weight back on have just done what almost everyone else on a diet does, they have lost the weight but havnt changed the way they eat or thier lifestyle, you tell me anyone who has maintained a weightloss without changing thier whole attitude to the food they eat and the way they are active in life after the loss, people on here are saying its a fad and a scam with HCG, you dont feel hungry at all, the meals are sufficient to satisfy your hunger needs, some days i dont feel like eating at all but i know i have to, to keep my metabolism going and stop my body going into starvation mode, best £35 i have ever spent
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    You've just made a very very healthy decision, all the hard work in losing only to gain back? Nah! None of us want that, right?:wink::flowerforyou:

Thank you!! I think I have as well! I definitely don't want to bust my tail to lose this weight only to gain it back! The only reason I wanna gain anything back is because I'm pregnant! LOL
    Stick to your first decision from earlier, you'll go far and in a positive healthy manner.

Cheers to you for no longer taking the 'Diet' Path in life.
    Take a look at all the Success stories on here from those of us who've lost in healthy manners, enough fuel for our bodies, regular workouts and not starving or rules or pills or potions involved. :drinker: :wink:
  • Hearts_2015
    Your going to get a lot of negative comments. You might want to join us here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/300314-hcg-progress-updates-page-2-for-people-on-it-or-thinking-a?hl=hcg&page=9#posts-4036936

we refuse to be negative here.
    It didn't sound like it was something she was interested in any longer, so not sure why she'd be interested in a link?:huh:
  • Hearts_2015
    Just like any "diet pill" you lose alot of weight while you are taking them but as soon as you stop you gain all the weight back if not more. I havent personally taken anything, but a good friend of mine had done the HCG thing and she said she lost 50 pounds but with in 3-4 months after she quit taking it she gained all of it back and about 5 pounds more. Girl...throw it out...you dont need it. Slow and steady wins the race with great results. Just make the best choices in food. You can eat just about anything in moderation. You can do this with out some "Fad diet pill". I have faith in you. If I can do it...anyone can. YOU GOT THIS!!! :wink:
    HCG is no fad its been used in the USA for the las 30 years, and all those people who have put the weight back on have just done what almost everyone else on a diet does, they have lost the weight but havnt changed the way they eat or thier lifestyle, you tell me anyone who has maintained a weightloss without changing thier whole attitude to the food they eat and the way they are active in life after the loss, people on here are saying its a fad and a scam with HCG, you dont feel hungry at all, the meals are sufficient to satisfy your hunger needs, some days i dont feel like eating at all but i know i have to, to keep my metabolism going and stop my body going into starvation mode, best £35 i have ever spent
    Eating a mere 500 calories after a few days I'm no longer hungry either, my body has adjusted to very little food and I'll be dropping those lbs. like crazy. But I care far too much about my body's future health to take the short cut with drugs.

Glad your diet is working well for you but it won't mean it is for everyone.:flowerforyou:
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    HCG -- Shortcut for people who won't make, can't make, or are afraid of a real lifestyle change. You most likely gain the pounds back. Not healthy at all. Made of piss. 500 calories (not even enough for an infant to survive on).
    Diet and Exercise (healthy) -- Harder, long-term weight loss, and increases the length of your life and overall health.

'Nuff said. You've made a great choice in not going with HCG.
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Thanks!

I was thinking the same thing about the 500 calorie thing. I just don't even see how that is healthy to be honest. I haven't heard much about them other than from one friend who ordered them and lost 60lbs rather quickly so I ordered them - but when I read that you were to eat only 500 calories I thought "WHAT!?!" My daily intake through MFP is 1500 a day! LOL
    Another part that's not often brought up before people begin using them is "no exercise", they don't allow it!

That right there has always been a red flag to me (among others), how can a person actually get in good physical shape without working out?

Not that anyone could actually workout eating a mere 500 calories a day though..in a healthy manner.
    Hi there the reason no exercise is allowed on the HCG diet is because doing exercise would burn more calories and your body would switch to starvation mode and start to store fat instead of burning it, it would be counter productive, the exercise and healthy eating comes along after you have reached your goal weight to maintain a healthy lifestyle
    what about the fat & flab that will occur if you wait until your goal weight to exercise when using hcg:huh: :frown:
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    HCG -- Shortcut for people who won't make, can't make, or are afraid of a real lifestyle change. You most likely gain the pounds back. Not healthy at all. Made of piss. 500 calories (not even enough for an infant to survive on).
    Diet and Exercise (healthy) -- Harder, long-term weight loss, and increases the length of your life and overall health.

'Nuff said. You've made a great choice in not going with HCG.
    Gotta agree with every single word! Congratulations on making a healthier choice for yourself!:drinker: :heart:
  • RocheleLynn
    RocheleLynn Posts: 265 Member
    Your going to get a lot of negative comments. You might want to join us here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/300314-hcg-progress-updates-page-2-for-people-on-it-or-thinking-a?hl=hcg&page=9#posts-4036936

we refuse to be negative here.
    It didn't sound like it was something she was interested in any longer, so not sure why she'd be interested in a link?:huh:

Some people... goodness. I was just sharing a link if she wanted some further opinions. It is a HUGE thread that has rolled over 22+ times-- with a lot of good tips.
  • Jlynnlundy
    Jlynnlundy Posts: 2 Member
    I disagree. I did my first round of HCG a year ago and lost 47lbs in 38days went from a size 16 to a size 10 :) I have also maintained that, not gaining any of it back!! And I have done that by eating right and exercise.

Now as of 4 days ago back on the drops to help shed another 20lbs.

So please, unless you have tried it first hand don’t be so critical.

As with any diet, if you don’t make a life style change you are going to gain it back. There are different strokes for different folks. You have to do what is right for you. I personally went with the HCG because there are no side affects unlike with Diet Pills. I had amazing results with the HCG, and I have worked very hard at proving that those results can be permanent.

The HCG is a VERY strict diet you have to follow it to a “T”
    So yes, it is a shortcut, but not because I cant or I wont or that I am afraid, its due to the fact if you stick with it and follow as directed you will lose a avg of 2lbs a day. That is rapid results that you don’t see from most diets. For me that is the kind of results I needed to keep me motivated & on tract. Bottom Line Yes IT WORKS. But you have to be committed to changing your life style to maintain.
  • Shan80
    Shan80 Posts: 47
    Thank you everyone for your input and stories - I would like for this to remain a FRIENDLY topic - everyone has their own opinions and are very much entitled to them - I wanted to hear both sides - but I don't want it to be an all out heated debate.

I have done some more research (which I wish I would have done before jumping the gun and ordering the drops) and I have decided that for myself personally, I don't think this is the way to go for me.

I have a lot to lose and yes, I would like to see it gone quickly - but I would rather work for that. I want to workout everyday - I want to feel that satisfaction after a 90min workout - I want to feel my muscles burn and be able to see the progress from my hard work in the mirror - but even more so I want to FEEL the progress from my hard work within myself.
    I want to be one of those people that gets grouchy when they miss their daily workout! LOL :ohwell:

Thank you again for all the input - I really appreciate it - Congrats to those of you that found that the HCG has helped you and you like it - that's fantastic!

I got what I was looking for - this "diet" is not for me!