I have come to the conclusion

Options
That I am LAZY.... there is no way around it... I HATE working out.... I started doing the biggest loser DVD and got bored with it. Oh I have ALLLL kinds of excuses... no time, kids bugging me, to hot (its been 100+ every stinkin day for over a month REALLLYY??) I even tried sweatin to the oldies once with my buddy Richard....

The longest I ever "stuck" to any work out program was actually the hardest one I ever tried. A fitness bootcamp class. Maybe I just hate working out alone. Unfortunately I didnt have the 40$ a month to keep going. Maybe I just need to stick to walking... maybe I just need to stop coming up with excuses...

Anyone else have this problem??

Oh I forgot I even tried Curves once... them blue hair ladies will talk your ears off and I just didn't have the breath to talk with them LOL

Replies

• yeahfatty
    yeahfatty Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    totally!

thank christ for my dear annoying mother .. or i'd skip out on exercise pretty much all the time.

maybe get an exercise pal? someone who can give ya the push you need to get out & just do it.
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I think I could've written this post! Me too!
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    LOL... glad it's not just me!
    I am on my feet a lot at work (Im a nurse in a diet clinic of all places) so if I don't do it before work chances are it doesnt get done!
  • melissatacker
    melissatacker Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I feel like that EVERYDAY! BTW, I love your ticker :)
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I don't do the exercise because I like it!

Unfortunately, I like my food too much and, after a couple of years, came to accept that if I want to stay the size I'm happy with then I have to work out at a certain level - now I've had to open my own gym to have the sort of facility I need!
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Ha ha I have that Richard Simmons video!! Been a long time since I used it.
    I go to Curves and I have found the blue hair ladies to not be everywhere- they vary a lot. It's worked well for me in general and I agree- it's good to have other people to work out with. However my best exercise motivator is my DOG- she knows what time she is supposed to get her walk and she INSISTS.
  • missfittin_missy
    Options
    I see all these people on here that run and I am completly jealous... I LOVE the THOUGHT of running however I lack the motivation to turn into one! Congrats on opening your own gym... you guys make a killing LOL!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    sometimes i have trouble getting motivated but then i just think to myself...i can sit here and do nothing and be fat and miserable or i can get off my *kitten* and do the workout and get the kind of body i want. I have no problem completing a workout once i get started but yes sometimes getting started is the hardest part..
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Oops I wasn;t clear- what I meant was if you liked Curves except for the senior crowd you might try a different location. The one where I go when I visit my parents has a lot of retired ladies who don't seem to really be working out hard (but hey- they are there!!) but the one where I go normally has a lot of young people and professionals. If I lived near my parents I would probably look for a different Curves or another gym...
  • missfittin_missy
    Options
    I live in a pretty rual community so we just have the one Curves.... I had thought about going back and trying it at a different time of day! I'm not usually so antisocial but when I am doing good to catch my breath its hard to be involved in a conversation!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Do you have an MP3 player or Pandora on your phone? I listen to music when I workout, and it makes it so much easier to finish.

Also, I think of exercise like brushing my teeth. It doesn't have to be fun, but it needs to be done as a way to take care of myself. Who cares if your workout is boring? Brushing your teeth isn't fun, but no one wants nasty breath or rotting teeth. It's the same way with your body. Working out can be fun, but it isn't for everyone. You just need to do it so you don't lose muscle mass and turn into a ball of goo.
  • bell33usx2
    bell33usx2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Missie, go to the pool A LOT! I know you love the water park. I don't know if you have a pool there but I'm assuming you do. I am no where near being a runner but have always wanted to be and decided only one way to be it. You just have to do it. I have no one to exercise with either but as I told you on your wall, I don't like anyone messing up my exercise "mojo" and if someone is around they need me to talk. It's hard to talk when I'm gasping for air! :blushing: Don't give up! Just keep looking. You'll find that "something" soon enough.
  • missfittin_missy
    Options
    I think after the kids get back in school Jan I may go buy a membership to the community center pool... its like 60$ for a year but I could go in the mornings before work once they go back since I don't go in til noon!
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Try just taking a daily walk..., fresh air & the sun's vitimin D.
  • 69Jax69
    69Jax69 Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm the same way. My standard exercise I get bored with. Yoga is fun, but I get bored (does that make sense?), belly dancing was fun and now I've lost the video. Oh, yoga is hard to do because both my daughters will stand RIGHT next to me while I do it and climb under me and get in the way... it's really annoying.

Jogging/Running
    Doing it again. I did this last year when we got our Husky because she needs lots of exercise. The first couple days were boring but I got some good music on my MP3 player and set a certain time to go out each day. It became routine and it was fun going up and down the different streets and seeing how many miles I did when I got home and mapped it out. Also, I was able to jog more and more each day, go faster, go further. It was "exciting" to see the progress once I got home. I stopped during the hot weather though but now I'm going to go out each morning before it's hot to do it. No excuses!
  • joyfulthanks
    joyfulthanks Posts: 155
    Options
    I don't like working out...and I'm lazy about it. The way I work around that is that I get up and work out very early in the morning (I'm not at all a morning person, either!)

That way, I'm up and working out before my brain even has a chance to get into gear and protest. By the time I'm fully conscious, my workout is already over!
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I see all these people on here that run and I am completly jealous... I LOVE the THOUGHT of running however I lack the motivation to turn into one!

I use to not have the motivation, but I pushed myself past it. I run & love it now...
  • Juniper88
    Juniper88 Posts: 142
    Options
    I sooo feel what you are saying with this! However, my LAZE shows itself in different ways.

(1)- I am mostly only lazy to exercise when I am at home. For whatever reason, it seems sooooo hard to get it done at home. Just 'knowing' that the kids are around (4yrs and 6yrs) drains me of all energy. How sad (in a pathetic way) eh?

(2)- I am so lazy to get the house work done. Like take now for instance, I should be cleaning the bathroom, doing the laundry and figuring out what to feed these kids for dinner - but none of it has been even attempted yet.

(3)- This one is my MAIN AREA OF LAZE: planning a realistically healthy and balanced eating plan that I will stick to. I visualize it so often, but that's basically as far as I get. Gosh! Just thinking about doing the "right thing" food wise exhausts me! Funny enough though, I don't really have this problem when it comes to packing my food for work (breakfast, lunch and snacks). This particular area of laze is a MAJOR set-back when it comes to my weight-loss goals. Go figure?
  • Juniper88
    Juniper88 Posts: 142
    Options
    P.S - Your ticker message amuses me! LOL!
  • candykay89
    candykay89 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have joined and canceled my Ballys membership also from Lucille Roberts. My excuse at Ballys was that the ppl there were too skinny and made me look extra large. Lucille Roberts did not cut it for me because they opened and closed at the same time as my job which left me with Saturday mornings and by the way they open at !0 a.m. and close at 1 p.m. I just saw the money as a waste. I went out and got DVDs which help a lot. I can exercise in my living room in whatever makes me comfortable without thinking about other people. Also, i went and bought a treadmill so now my living room is my gym. When i get bored i go for a walk outside. Just take your mind off the exercise and work and do it. You can and i believe in you. Make it happen!