Drinking Water During Workouts

Options

Replies

• kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Wow.........ummmmmmm I think I'll pass on the marathons then...Depends are getting pretty expensive these days flirt.gif
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,398 Member
    Options
    Embarrassing question: I do NOT drink even a sip before a run. I empty my bladder as completely as I can before taking off. I try to find bathroom breaks at certain points in my run. And if I run in the afternoon, I have had to wear a depends pad :angry: :ohwell: :blushing:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I agree with this article and drink plenty of water during exercise, before and after.

But I have recently read in Men's Health that its not exactly what we naturally evolved to do. Our bodies have adapted over time to work out and go miles without stopping for water.
    The hunter didnt have time to stop by the water hole as he ran down wild animals with a spear (bow and arrow not invented for thousands of years). Especially as archaeologists are realizing that humans survived and fed on meat because their stamina would outlast that of their prey, so essentially, we could run further for a longer time. All without stopping or water to track down that exhausted gazelle.
    Now that we have water fountains and bottled water this has canceled the need really to do so, but I wonder what effects it will have on our exercising?

Not arguing, like I said, I drink plenty of water and would probably crawl into the showers and die if I didnt, lol.
    Maybe someone could shed some more light on this or take it as a different view.
    sound like valid points to me... though food back then didn't contain added hormones, so much more sodium, chemicals etc:sick: ...so I wonder if some of that is why our bodies need the water is to flush so much of that out nowadays...know what I mean....:drinker:

Glad you brought up the Men's Healthy article thought mj....that's interesting to know!:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Embarrassing question: I do NOT drink even a sip before a run. I empty my bladder as completely as I can before taking off. I try to find bathroom breaks at certain points in my run. And if I run in the afternoon, I have had to wear a depends pad :angry: :ohwell: :blushing:

This might be addressed better in a runners thread (I'm only mentioning that as in a runners thread you'll find folks that have to deal with this all the time and probably get much more feedback there as well):drinker: ..as I'm sure you're not the only one dealing with how to handle running a marathon and what to do when you simply need to 'go' and right then......
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :drinker:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Gotta love fitness chick. Your like the official embassador for water intake. I find myself pouring a big ol glass of water from the Brita piture and holding my glass high in the air before I declare "This is for you fitness chick". The article is great. I just reminds me that I should never forget to do as fitness chick has told me. Drink :drinker: Drink:drinker: Drink.:drinker:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    [/quote]

You can do the diaper...or my sister who did cross country said they just peed while they ran. They're all ready sweating so much. I haven't gotten to this point yet, where I HAD to go when I run outside. I'm afraid once I start running 10ks, I'll need to though.

[/quote]

Ick.....I knew a few guys in college who would pee themselves occasionally, but they were usually passed out drunk at the time and not doing anything healthy like running a marathon. Don't think I could do it myself. Good thing this chunkeymonkey isnt running any marathons yet.:laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Gotta love fitness chick. Your like the official embassador for water intake. I find myself pouring a big ol glass of water from the Brita piture and holding my glass high in the air before I declare "This is for you fitness chick". The article is great. I just reminds me that I should never forget to do as fitness chick has told me. Drink :drinker: Drink:drinker: Drink.:drinker:

tee :laugh: hee :laugh: hee:bigsmile:
    Wow....glad it's workin for you!!! Aren't you a Sweeheart:flowerforyou: :blushing:

Hey I say whatever it takes for us to do what we can to get and stay healthy....let's Drink to that:drinker: :heart: :drinker: :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :drinker: :wink: :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    thbump2.gif
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    thbump2.gif
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    thbump2.gifflirt.gif
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    HIIIIIIII ELIZABETHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    HIIIIIIII ELIZABETHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hey hey There Chickie POO!:smooched: :drinker: :heart: :drinker:

but I must ask....what on EARTH made you think you could ever find me in THIS thread?:laugh: :laugh: :huh: :noway: :laugh: :wink:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Love the water info! Thank you! Going to go fill my glass with more CL!! :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Love the water info! Thank you! Going to go fill my glass with more CL!! :drinker:
    :wink: :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    "these pretzels are making me THIRSTY" who am I?

actually I am thirsty .....weird, I NEVER get thirsty...must not have drank enough water during my workouts today:blushing:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    HEY! pyong_emoticons-17-1.gif®
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :drinker: :bigsmile: