Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - August Challenge!!

Options
Hey-a Wonderful 20-Somethings - Welcome to the 11th installment of our fabulous Kickin' *kitten* Challenges!

As with the challenges that have come before, this is a place where MFPals can search out support, motivation, and advice while they are working towards their own personal goals. You're encouraged to set your own targets based on what is important to you and what challenges you face that you hope to overcome - set out goals for the month, make them attainable, and then just keep coming back to update us on your progress, help motivate others, and kick some serious *kitten*!!

Here's the 'skinny' on how this group works....

1) As our veteran members (and newbs alike) sign onto the challenge once again, a list like the one found at the bottom of this post will start forming. This is our “goals list”. If you want to join the challenge, we ask that you copy and paste the most up-to-date list and tag your own screen name and goals onto the bottom – this is so that we can keep things moving along and no one gets left behind! (If you notice that someone's been left off, due to a high volume of posting, please incorporate their goals back into the list whenever possible.)

2) Set attainable and realistic goals! I cannot stress this enough, and we will regularly be posting PSAs (as always) to this effect, but I am going to throw it out there right now just so that we're clear. This group is dedicated to supporting healthy living, first and foremost, and that includes physical, emotional and mental health. So set goals that you know you can reach, with hard work and persistence, and find ways to celebrate small victories whenever you can. This will help you stay motivated and on track! We recommend setting some non-scale goals along with a scale goal if you are trying to lose weight – seeing progress in your fitness, your measurements and your diet is a great way to celebrate small changes in your life that make a HUGE difference. Be flexible, know that things aren't going to go perfectly as planned every day, and allow some wiggle room for a bad day here and there. We all have them!

3) Once your goals are posted, stay active and enjoy the benefits of this awesome community. Oh, and invite your 20-something friends! Let's keep this group moving, ladies!

Before we get started, here's the list we compiled in July. It was a really slow month on the thread, but I know we can kick it up in August and get things moving again. So - How'd you do?!?
Allie7383- Finally finish the 30DS, get into the 130's, start and keep up with the bridge to 10k program!
Black_Swan - eat back all exercise calories and keep up with my running plan
Teee2- Lose these next pounds the healthy way with no self harming involved for the next month!!!! (Baby steps!)
marshallj86 - hit 135, ditch the scale, and stick with clean eating (and turn 25! my bday is July 30!)
mkingraham (Megan)- Create a succesful healthy delicious food plan and stick to it, do 30DS with my hubby at least 3 times a week, average at least 6 miles a week of running, own the scale don't let it own me (meaning take my no scale challenge and actually learn and apply the lessons it taught me), get back to my optimistic self!
meagalayne- find time twice a week for strength and make it a priority - don't cut it short!; continue with 1/2 Marathon training plan and make it fit, even when life gets in the way; stop giving myself permission to binge/junk because of training or stress - be accountable and plan out indulgences; drink more water than coffee and sleep >6 hours a night, 5 times a week.
imarunner890s- 155lbs, 10k walkings program, wake up at 8am and get 8 hrs of sleep
guamgrly (Bethany) - no scale!! Focus on the lifestyle, the routine, and meal planning. Work out 3x per week. Drink 8 glasses of water per day. Eat more fruits and veggies
lostalykat- Stick to my calories as best as I can with training, Focus on training these last 4 weeks, Don't worry about the number on the scale but check it weekly to keep me accountable.
Ashleypeterson37- Move into new house on the 15th and wear my HRM, gym 3x a week minimum, try 3 new recipes and drop 8 more pounds, be more active on this page so: post 2x a week!
Mariababe81 (mariam): finish the 30ds and start round 2, zumba once a week and running once a week. once weekly weigh in.allow myself some rest days if i need them! enjoy maintainance!!!
~~KanCrav.... NO SCALE until August 1st!~!~!~!~ Workout 5 times a week, enjoy my trips!
luv_lea~Drink more water-aiming for the general 8 glasses (64 oz.) of water a day, Start 6 Week 6 Pack video and do at least 4 days a week! Continue running 1 mile (or more?) 3 times a week, and lastly, lose 2.5 lbs. for the month of July!
Elmersglue (Ellie): Train for Sept 5k at least once a week, at least 7 hours of sleep 5x a week (!!), no emotional binging (mainly Sunday nights, when life and things tend to catch up), get to know everyone here^^
cmg2008- Finish c25k and continue running at least 3 times a week, finish 30DS, accumulate 1200mintues of exercise, and get down into the low 140s.
tjradd73(Tara)-to lose 4lbs, 30/35 days of 30DS, 10,000 steps/day (Sun-Tue), Tues stretch/yoga, <1400 avg cals,< 4 days over cals total, and try to get <180g carbs, and >60g protein.
tobemotivated - do the 30ds (first day was today!), lose 5lbs, drink more water, eat less sugar!
glitterballv-1. To stop overeating with sweets and cake! 2. Run three times a week, try and start bridge to 10k. 3. Try to get to at least one spin class a week.
Anitanz- Get to 64kg’s. Drink less alcohol. Limit chocolate at work to <100 cals per day.
ComfortFoodAddict: 64 oz water/day, No sodas!, sleep 6 hours 5x/wk, workout at least 4x/wk, drop below 170 *at least* again, log food without omitting anything 6x/wk
Allislefttogain: Start training for my first full marathon; at least 96 ounces of water a day; make initial appointment with a physical therapist; hit 583.33 miles running by month end; at least 2 strength training sessions a week
zerozeta0: Run 40 miles a week. Drink 8 cups of water a day. Limit candies/chocolates to once a week. Limit coffee to 3 times a week. Get down to 105.
emiyr9602 - get through level 3 of the 30DS, lose my last 9 lbs, drink atleast 72oz of water a day, and continue to work through the c25k!
AmberJenay - Lose 5 lbs, workout 4-5 times/week, and continue to build myself up.
annemade- lose 2 pounds per week - therefore 8 pounds this month
lalonmeg000- Drink only water or unsweat tea; Lose .5 inches for each major area of my body; focus on fueling my body by eating throughout the day and not one large meal. ; focus on myself at workouts not the people around me.
3773- work out 3 mornings this week, do 45 min of cardio when I go to the gym, dont go over my 1200 calories.

Welcome to all the newbs and to those returning, as well. If you are looking for an awesome community of supportive ladies who know the trials and tribulations of healthy living, finding balance, and being exponentially more kick *kitten* than the rest, you're in the right place! All we ask is that you take some time each and every day to remember why this journey is important to you and rededicate yourself to living a healthy, active and happy life.

Good luck to all you lovely ladies (and gents!) :heart:

Replies

• theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    So glad there's a 20-something group! Let's do it! My goal is 30 miles, which is probably a little low but I don't want to get ahead of myself.
  • GypsyRose25
    Options
    Allie7383- Finally finish the 30DS, get into the 130's, start and keep up with the bridge to 10k program!
    Teee2- Lose these next pounds the healthy way with no self harming involved for the next month!!!! (Baby steps!)
    marshallj86 - hit 135, ditch the scale, and stick with clean eating (and turn 25! my bday is July 30!)
    mkingraham (Megan)- Create a succesful healthy delicious food plan and stick to it, do 30DS with my hubby at least 3 times a week, average at least 6 miles a week of running, own the scale don't let it own me (meaning take my no scale challenge and actually learn and apply the lessons it taught me), get back to my optimistic self!
    meagalayne- find time twice a week for strength and make it a priority - don't cut it short!; continue with 1/2 Marathon training plan and make it fit, even when life gets in the way; stop giving myself permission to binge/junk because of training or stress - be accountable and plan out indulgences; drink more water than coffee and sleep >6 hours a night, 5 times a week.
    imarunner890s- 155lbs, 10k walkings program, wake up at 8am and get 8 hrs of sleep
    guamgrly (Bethany) - no scale!! Focus on the lifestyle, the routine, and meal planning. Work out 3x per week. Drink 8 glasses of water per day. Eat more fruits and veggies
    lostalykat- Stick to my calories as best as I can with training, Focus on training these last 4 weeks, Don't worry about the number on the scale but check it weekly to keep me accountable.
    Ashleypeterson37- Move into new house on the 15th and wear my HRM, gym 3x a week minimum, try 3 new recipes and drop 8 more pounds, be more active on this page so: post 2x a week!
    Mariababe81 (mariam): finish the 30ds and start round 2, zumba once a week and running once a week. once weekly weigh in.allow myself some rest days if i need them! enjoy maintainance!!!
    ~~KanCrav.... NO SCALE until August 1st!~!~!~!~ Workout 5 times a week, enjoy my trips!
    luv_lea~Drink more water-aiming for the general 8 glasses (64 oz.) of water a day, Start 6 Week 6 Pack video and do at least 4 days a week! Continue running 1 mile (or more?) 3 times a week, and lastly, lose 2.5 lbs. for the month of July!
    Elmersglue (Ellie): Train for Sept 5k at least once a week, at least 7 hours of sleep 5x a week (!!), no emotional binging (mainly Sunday nights, when life and things tend to catch up), get to know everyone here^^
    cmg2008- Finish c25k and continue running at least 3 times a week, finish 30DS, accumulate 1200mintues of exercise, and get down into the low 140s.
    tjradd73(Tara)-to lose 4lbs, 30/35 days of 30DS, 10,000 steps/day (Sun-Tue), Tues stretch/yoga, <1400 avg cals,< 4 days over cals total, and try to get <180g carbs, and >60g protein.
    tobemotivated - do the 30ds (first day was today!), lose 5lbs, drink more water, eat less sugar!
    glitterballv-1. To stop overeating with sweets and cake! 2. Run three times a week, try and start bridge to 10k. 3. Try to get to at least one spin class a week.
    Anitanz- Get to 64kg’s. Drink less alcohol. Limit chocolate at work to <100 cals per day.
    ComfortFoodAddict: 64 oz water/day, No sodas!, sleep 6 hours 5x/wk, workout at least 4x/wk, drop below 170 *at least* again, log food without omitting anything 6x/wk
    Allislefttogain: Start training for my first full marathon; at least 96 ounces of water a day; make initial appointment with a physical therapist; hit 583.33 miles running by month end; at least 2 strength training sessions a week
    zerozeta0: Run 40 miles a week. Drink 8 cups of water a day. Limit candies/chocolates to once a week. Limit coffee to 3 times a week. Get down to 105.
    emiyr9602 - get through level 3 of the 30DS, lose my last 9 lbs, drink atleast 72oz of water a day, and continue to work through the c25k!
    AmberJenay - Lose 5 lbs, workout 4-5 times/week, and continue to build myself up.
    lalonmeg000- Drink only water or unsweat tea; Lose .5 inches for each major area of my body; focus on fueling my body by eating throughout the day and not one large meal. ; focus on myself at workouts not the people around me.
    3773- work out 3 mornings this week, do 45 min of cardio when I go to the gym, dont go over my 1200 calories.
    GypsyRose25 - Lose 10 lbs and/or 2-3 inches. Make it through Level 1 of 30DS. Make it through the first 2 weeks of C25K.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    New list time!

theprettyone1010- run 30 miles
    GypsyRose25 - Lose 10 lbs and/or 2-3 inches. Make it through Level 1 of 30DS. Make it through the first 2 weeks of C25K.

Just keep piling on those goals. New month, new challenge, fresh start! :bigsmile:
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    femme62209- make it to ONEderland, see a weight of 195 by September 1, drink 80 ounces of water every single day, eat desserts only on weekends, write at least one day a week, work out for at least 30 minutes at least 6 days a week, reach week 6 of C25K, give up scale for the month on August (HARD FOR ME!), take time every night night before I go to sleep to reflect on how I am making my body stronger and the things I am thankful for
  • Bellum24
    Bellum24 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am in, I am a newby so thanks for the invite to the group can't wait to kick butt together!!!

GypsyRose25 - Lose 10 lbs and/or 2-3 inches. Make it through Level 1 of 30DS. Make it through the first 2 weeks of C25K
    Bellum24 - Be under 200 pounds, lose 2-3 inches from waist area
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    femme62209- make it to ONEderland, see a weight of 195 by September 1, drink 80 ounces of water every single day, eat desserts only on weekends, write at least one day a week, work out for at least 30 minutes at least 6 days a week, reach week 6 of C25K, give up scale for the month on August (HARD FOR ME!), take time every night night before I go to sleep to reflect on how I am making my body stronger and the things I am thankful for
  • knfowler
    knfowler Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    knfowler - Cut back on Diet Coke, drink more water, start working through C25K, get back on the rowing machine
  • lipe44
    lipe44 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    oooh! i'm joining!

lipe44 - lose 5 pounds, workout 3 times a week while at school, stay on track with my 40/30/30 ratio

we got this!
  • anastasiawildflower
    anastasiawildflower Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    knfowler - Cut back on Diet Coke, drink more water, start working through C25K, get back on the rowing machine
    lipe44 - lose 5 pounds, workout 3 times a week while at school, stay on track with my 40/30/30 ratio
    anapai- bike 20 miles a week, back under 120lbs, and log in food diary at least 28/31 days
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Newbie here as well! Ready to kick some *kitten*!

anapai- bike 20 miles a week, back under 120lbs, and log in food diary at least 28/31 days
    Amberness89 - be as close as I can be to 160 lbs, 10 glasses a day, keep on track with P90X & C25K, pack lunches when school starts back, and work out at the gym as soon as school starts back as well.
  • SweetcheeksRN
    SweetcheeksRN Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Amberness89 - be as close as I can be to 160 lbs, 10 glasses a day, keep on track with P90X & C25K, pack lunches when school starts back, and work out at the gym as soon as school starts back as well.
    Newbie here as well...definitely tryin to kick some *kitten* in august! My goals for next month are to workout 4x a week and walk or step 50 miles (walk away the pounds, elliptical, crosstrainer) and log everything...try my best to stay under my calories and lose 8-10 lbs.

Btw...Theprettyone..ur weight tracker is perfect! Can't wait to see true blood tonight...huge fan! Although I have to say the book version of Eric was much yummier! Hehe...

[/quote]
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Meag - thank you for your awesomeness and posting the new thread!! Hopefully we get some newbies that stick around and the vets that will continue with their awesome wisdom!!

Will check back in later today to establish some new goals and weigh in on last month's goals.

And welcome all you newbies!!
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yay !!! Back again and this time WILL be my best month yet! As for July not to shabby, I weigh and check in tomorrow but I have done really well getting water in. A soda here and there but so much better !

The goal list with mine at the bottom:

SweetcheeksRN- to workout 4x a week and walk or step 50 miles (walk away the pounds, elliptical, crosstrainer) and log everything...try my best to stay under my calories and lose 8-10 lbs.
    lalonmeg000- no more than 2 "out to eat" meals a week, 3hrs cardio and 3hrs of strength training a week, again .5 inch loss all around !
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    SweetcheeksRN- to workout 4x a week and walk or step 50 miles (walk away the pounds, elliptical, crosstrainer) and log everything...try my best to stay under my calories and lose 8-10 lbs.
    lalonmeg000- no more than 2 "out to eat" meals a week, 3hrs cardio and 3hrs of strength training a week, again .5 inch loss all around !
    Fromaquizer - Run 170ks this month, eat 100g of protein a day and strength train 3 days a week
  • Gaia85
    Gaia85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Love this!

Fromaquizer - Run 170ks this month, eat 100g of protein a day and strength train 3 days a week
    Gaia85 - Work out for at least 31 hours (including my remaining 17 days of the 30DS and Week 5 - 8 of C25K); Drink at least 8 cups of water (very hard for me!); Go down a size (14 to 12) and/or lose 8lb.
  • CCSunlight
    CCSunlight Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I really haven't been on track with my weight loss since i graduated college and moved to NC. And I keep making excuses. I really want to get back into this and keep going to my goal weight!

Gaia85 - Work out for at least 31 hours (including my remaining 17 days of the 30DS and Week 5 - 8 of C25K); Drink at least 8 cups of water (very hard for me!); Go down a size (14 to 12) and/or lose 8lb.
    CCSunlight - Work out 2x a week after/before work. Start packing my lunch instead of buying it every day. Stop eating pizza rolls for dinner every night.
  • KayyB13
    KayyB13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hope this worked, did it from my phone lol.
    Hi everyone! I'm Kristi and I'm new. Almost 21!!

Bellum24 - Be under 200 pounds, lose 2-3 inches from waist are.
    CCSunlight - Work out 2x a week after/before work. Start packing my lunch instead of buying it every day. Stop eating pizza rolls for dinner every night.
    KayyB13 - Lose 4 more pounds to get to 184, workout 5-6 times a week, drink less diet soda and more water, and only step on the scale once a week! (Hardest one haha)
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm back! July was crazy!!!

July goals- Move into new house on the 15th and wear my HRM- Army cancelled our move...BOO
    gym 3x a week minimum- Was on vacation for 2 weeks this month so that didnt happen- BOO
    try 3 new recipes- CHECK!
    drop another 8 pounds- Dropped 3!
    be more active on this page so: post 2x a week!- didn't happen because of vacation- BOO

Goals for August!-- Gym at least 4-5days a week, get into the 180's, try one new recipe and run at least 3 miles every time I go to the gym! (12-15 miles a week!)

I'll try to be more supportive this month!!!

Bellum24 - Be under 200 pounds, lose 2-3 inches from waist are.
    KayyB13 - Lose 4 more pounds to get to 184, workout 5-6 times a week, drink less diet soda and more water, and only step on the scale once a week! (Hardest one haha)
    Ashleypeterson37- Gym at least 4-5days a week, get into the 180's, try one new recipe and run at least 3 miles every time I go to the gym! (12-15 miles a week!)
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Wow... I cant believe I made it to August... I am about to do shred so Ill be back in 27 minutes!~!~! I guess I need to think of a goal while Im working out!~!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Woa - Holy newbs!! Its such a wonderful sight to see all these fresh new faces. I really hope you guys stick around and we can get this group up and moving again :bigsmile:

Thanks for keeping the list up to date and in order - if anyone notices that someone's been left out in the shuffle, please revise it and re-post.

Still in Ottawa visiting my BFF but I will be back with an update tonight or tomorrow, I hope. Unless I can sneak some time in this morning while she sleeps.

Good luck with your goals this month ladies :drinker: