Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - August Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• cmg2008
    cmg2008 Posts: 139
    Options
    Adding myself back to the list because somehow I got cut out :cry:

AFM: I started the 2nd week of my 5K training plan! I'm sooooo pumped, I'm determined to run the entire 5K that I am signed up for in September! The only downside to running to day was the heat!! It was killer!!

Jill: Great job on your 'easy' 4mile run! espically in the heat, IDK how you do it! It is only about 80degrees here and I thought running for 1.5 miles was tough I can't imagine running for 4 when its even hotter!!!!! GREAT JOB :drinker:

theprettyone1010- run 30 miles
    GypsyRose25 - Lose 10 lbs and/or 2-3 inches. Make it through Level 1 of 30DS. Make it through the first 2 weeks of C25K.
    Bellum24 - Be under 200 pounds, lose 2-3 inches from waist are.
    femme62209- make it to ONEderland, see a weight of 195 by September 1, drink 80 ounces of water every single day, eat desserts only on weekends, write at least one day a week, work out for at least 30 minutes at least 6 days a week, reach week 6 of C25K, give up scale for the month on August (HARD FOR ME!), take time every night night before I go to sleep to reflect on how I am making my body stronger and the things I am thankful for
    knfowler - Cut back on Diet Coke, drink more water, start working through C25K, get back on the rowing machine
    lipe44 - lose 5 pounds, workout 3 times a week while at school, stay on track with my 40/30/30 ratio
    anapai- bike 20 miles a week, back under 120lbs, and log in food diary at least 28/31 days
    Amberness89 - be as close as I can be to 160 lbs, 10 glasses a day, keep on track with P90X & C25K, pack lunches when school starts back, and work out at the gym as soon as school starts back as well.
    SweetcheeksRN- to workout 4x a week and walk or step 50 miles (walk away the pounds, elliptical, crosstrainer) and log everything...try my best to stay under my calories and lose 8-10 lbs.
    lalonmeg000- no more than 2 "out to eat" meals a week, 3hrs cardio and 3hrs of strength training a week, again .5 inch loss all around !
    Fromaquizer - Run 170ks this month, eat 100g of protein a day and strength train 3 days a week
    Gaia85 - Work out for at least 31 hours (including my remaining 17 days of the 30DS and Week 5 - 8 of C25K); Drink at least 8 cups of water (very hard for me!); Go down a size (14 to 12) and/or lose 8lb.
    CCSunlight - Work out 2x a week after/before work. Start packing my lunch instead of buying it every day. Stop eating pizza rolls for dinner every night.
    KayyB13 - Lose 4 more pounds to get to 184, workout 5-6 times a week, drink less diet soda and more water, and only step on the scale once a week! (Hardest one haha)
    Ashleypeterson37- Gym at least 4-5days a week, get into the 180's, try one new recipe and run at least 3 miles every time I go to the gym! (12-15 miles a week!)
    ~~KanCrav.. loose 6 pounds to hit 130. Be on level three of 30DS by the end of the month.
    **Evallusion -- Complete the 30 Day Shred, drink more water, take my iron pills, eat more veggies
    ~GuamGrly~ (Bethany) - start and continue C25K training, 8 oz. of water per day, 60-90 minutes per week of additional exercise, eat out no more than 2 days per week, and lose 4 pounds this month. Going big or going home this month!!
    JessYas - Running 4x a week, and not skipping weekends :)
    Kmarie115-Run a 5k under 30 min
    Jillybeanruns - Continue training for marathon; minimum 96oz of water daily; make PT/PT "homework" a priority; strength train 2x a week; stretch/do yoga on a regular basis; weigh myself once in August
    missjaygraham87: Lose 6 lbs, walk dog 6x a week, start C25K (and get off the first week lol), introduce strength training 3x/wk and keep track of daily water intake.
    Greenhumanclay -- Sleep 7-8 hours a day 5xs a week, drink 64 oz. of h20 a day, jog 10 miles per week, gym 5 times per week, and mt. bike or hike once a week! and weigh in only on Fridays!
    Allie7383- Complete Ripped in 30, continue with B210K, cut down on snacking and making excuses!!
    ComfortFoodAddict- 8 water/day, No sodas!, workout at least 4x/wk, drop below 170 *at least* again, log food without omitting anything, do at least 10 minutes of stretch/yoga each morning
    cmg2008 - stick with my 5K training plan, run at least 26miles, get into the 130s, continue with the 30DS shred on my CT days and continue doing all this once Grad School starts back up!
  • mooky1286
    mooky1286 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Mari and this is my first time doing a kicking *kitten* challenge!

GypsyRose25 - Lose 10 lbs and/or 2-3 inches. Make it through Level 1 of 30DS. Make it through the first 2 weeks of C25K.
    femme62209- make it to ONEderland, see a weight of 195 by September 1, drink 80 ounces of water every single day, eat desserts only on weekends, write at least one day a week, work out for at least 30 minutes at least 6 days a week, reach week 6 of C25K, give up scale for the month on August (HARD FOR ME!), take time every night night before I go to sleep to reflect on how I am making my body stronger and the things I am thankful for
    knfowler - Cut back on Diet Coke, drink more water, start working through C25K, get back on the rowing machine
    lipe44 - lose 5 pounds, workout 3 times a week while at school, stay on track with my 40/30/30 ratio
    anapai- bike 20 miles a week, back under 120lbs, and log in food diary at least 28/31 days
    Amberness89 - be as close as I can be to 160 lbs, 10 glasses a day, keep on track with P90X & C25K, pack lunches when school starts back, and work out at the gym as soon as school starts back as well.
    SweetcheeksRN- to workout 4x a week and walk or step 50 miles (walk away the pounds, elliptical, crosstrainer) and log everything...try my best to stay under my calories and lose 8-10 lbs.
    lalonmeg000- no more than 2 "out to eat" meals a week, 3hrs cardio and 3hrs of strength training a week, again .5 inch loss all around !
    Fromaquizer - Run 170ks this month, eat 100g of protein a day and strength train 3 days a week
    Gaia85 - Work out for at least 31 hours (including my remaining 17 days of the 30DS and Week 5 - 8 of C25K); Drink at least 8 cups of water (very hard for me!); Go down a size (14 to 12) and/or lose 8lb.
    CCSunlight - Work out 2x a week after/before work. Start packing my lunch instead of buying it every day. Stop eating pizza rolls for dinner every night.
    KayyB13 - Lose 4 more pounds to get to 184, workout 5-6 times a week, drink less diet soda and more water, and only step on the scale once a week! (Hardest one haha)
    Ashleypeterson37- Gym at least 4-5days a week, get into the 180's, try one new recipe and run at least 3 miles every time I go to the gym! (12-15 miles a week!)
    ~~KanCrav.. loose 6 pounds to hit 130. Be on level three of 30DS by the end of the month.
    **Evallusion -- Complete the 30 Day Shred, drink more water, take my iron pills, eat more veggies
    ~GuamGrly~ (Bethany) - start and continue C25K training, 8 oz. of water per day, 60-90 minutes per week of additional exercise, eat out no more than 2 days per week, and lose 4 pounds this month. Going big or going home this month!!
    Jillybeanruns - Continue training for marathon; minimum 96oz of water daily; make PT/PT "homework" a priority; strength train 2x a week; stretch/do yoga on a regular basis; weigh myself once in August
    missjaygraham87: Lose 6 lbs, walk dog 6x a week, start C25K (and get off the first week lol), introduce strength training 3x/wk and keep track of daily water intake.
    Greenhumanclay -- Sleep 7-8 hours a day 5xs a week, drink 64 oz. of h20 a day, jog 10 miles per week, gym 5 times per week, and mt. bike or hike once a week! and weigh in only on Fridays!
    Allie7383- Complete Ripped in 30, continue with B210K, cut down on snacking and making excuses!!
    ComfortFoodAddict- 8 water/day, No sodas!, workout at least 4x/wk, drop below 170 *at least* again, log food without omitting anything, do at least 10 minutes of stretch/yoga each morning
    cmg2008 - stick with my 5K training plan, run at least 26miles, get into the 130s, continue with the 30DS shred on my CT days and continue doing all this once Grad School starts back up!
    mooky1286: finish 30ds, workout 5-6x a week, continue C25K, watch my eating on my vacation!
  • vjohnso3
    vjohnso3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This is also my first Kicking *kitten* challenge!

mooky1286: finish 30ds, workout 5-6x a week, continue C25K, watch my eating on my vacation!
    vjohnso3: eat 5+ servings of fruits & vegetables a day, try to eat back exercise calories (always a struggle), & work out 6 days a week
  • Gaia85
    Gaia85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    July had it's ups and down for me. Yesterday was good and bad for me. I drank 8 glasses of water, even though I forced the last two down before going to bed. Did the 30 day shred and walked for 90 min. Unfortunety I went over my calories by a bit because I met a old classmate for dinner and she order two dynamite rolls to share between the two of us (and I ate about 3/4 of one roll) and I had a mojito with dinner. Gah. But it's a new day and it will be better!
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    So many new people! Awesome!!! I have thought about my August goals and have finally decided what I want them to be. I updated everyone on where I stood at the end of July in the July thread so I won't bog things down by reposting that stuff here.

vjohnso3: eat 5+ servings of fruits & vegetables a day, try to eat back exercise calories (always a struggle), & work out 6 days a week
    mkingraham(Megan)- Stick with my 15k Training Plan, Reach ONEderland, don't over splurge during my bday celebrations, love myself better in the second half of my 20s :)
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • snthoma7
    snthoma7 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello!1 I'm a newbie!!! And I def want to be in on this group!! :wink:
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Well as some of you know I had a bike accident and I was not able to do my triathlon. I am making peace with it and I plan to just focus on eating clean fresh foods, and get my life back in order. I am glad to have you guys to come back to. I think I am starting Weight Watchers again this week, I need all the support I can get.

mkingraham(Megan)- Stick with my 15k Training Plan, Reach ONEderland, don't over splurge during my bday celebrations, love myself better in the second half of my 20s :)
    lostalykat- Start meal planning again, Start doing the new rules of lifting weight lifting routines, Get back to 170 LBS maybe Less. Start focusing on Wedding planning and making it fun.
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Aly..Im glad to see you in good spirits! You are very strog to bounce back and keep concentrating on the things that make you happy. Im glad your here too!

Allie.... July was rough for me too!!!! Lets make August better~!!!

AFM... August 2nd and I already have to confess I did not do my shred. I dont know why I do this to myself all the time... I just cant commit, maybe I need to just let it go all together and stop trying to do it. I dont know. But I let myself get all worked up this morning about the house being dirty and somehow that turned into NOT doing the shred. Uh! Whatever.. I will do it tomorrow. I need to stop letting my anger and anxiety control my life!~!~!

I got my hair cut and colored today!~! I got it pretty short.. shorter than I ever went before! And Its much darker than it was last time. But I LOVE IT!~!~! I know it will help keep me motivated to stay fit and looking good. <3 Ill post pics tomorrow!

I hope everyone has a great tuesday! :flowerforyou:
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy August Lovelies!! I hope everyone is getting off to a great start!!

Jill – so glad that you were cleared to still do your training AND play soccer in the fall.
    Meghan – google couch to 5K and you will find the running schedule on there. No purchase necessary!! And the whole “I can have a drink at dinner cause I’m 21” will fade over time. I am easing up to 30 now and still get excited and have a drink at dinner occasionally!!

Allie – good news is that you still completed your race!! And you didn’t do too bad either even though you didn’t PR!! I have enjoyed the non-scale challenge for myself. I could focus more on my eating habits and getting back into the workout routine. And good luck with your Ripped in 30. I am debating doing the 30 Day Shred but Jillian still makes me tremble.

ComfortFood – good news is that you returned for August!! I have found that once I get in a routine, I find that its easier to hold myself accountable. Now that my daughter is out of school for the summer, I sleep in as late as I possibly can which puts a damper on my workout schedule. Hopefully you find something that works for you so that you will definitely be telling the lady that you need a smaller size!!

Courtney – glad to hear that you are enjoying 5K training!! I have yet to start this week. Hopefully it will be today. My daughter keeps asking when we are gonna start too!! Hopefully we can hold each other accountable since I am only one week behind you.

Gaia – yay for new days!! I am thinking the same thing after my day yesterday!!

Aly – so sorry to hear that you weren’t able to participate in the triathlon after all of your hard work preparing! But everything happens for a reason and I am glad that you are not dwelling on it. Now you can get back to your weight loss and seek a better balance in your life.

Kandace – I think its only a matter of time before you get back into your routine of doing the 30 Day Shred. I have debated on starting it but I don’t think that I am quite ready for the wrath of Jillian just yet. But I am determined to put it on my list of things to do before the year is over. And I can’t wait to see the pics of your new haircut!!

AFM…lets hope that the first day of August is not how things are going to go for the entire month. Yesterday was filled with one bad decision after another. And yesterday was a prime example of what happens when I don’t plan ahead. Have yet to start my training which is only gonna hurt me in the long run. And my daughter keeps asking me when we’re gonna start running so hopefully within the next few days. Tonight is usually date night with the bf but he made other plans which is actually good for me because I get to go to kickboxing which I am super excited about since I haven’t been in the longest time!! And to hold myself accountable and not flake out, I invited my friend to meet me there so I can’t skip out.

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Bethany- Everyone has a bad decision day but sounds like you are hoping back to it! And I did check out the Couch to 5k (there is an app for that) and looks like a good program! I think I will wait to Sept. and start it when I really have a constant schedule, these next few weeks are going to be turned upside down and I don't want to set myself for failure.

Kandace- Yay for new haircuts!!!! Can't wait to see it!

Aly- sorry to hear about the bike accident and the resulting set back! Great attitude though and I am sure you will be back in no time :)

AFM: This is weird....I am actually having 2 good eating days in a row!? Well maybe not super duper, but I am happy with them, and really focusing on staying healthy WHILE having a good time. I am in college, these are the days of my life (so they say...) and there is no reason why I can't go grab lunch with friends, but that also shouldn't be an excuse to eat whatever I want. The guilty feelings come and go, but I think I will always partially struggle with that. I also got a super obnoxiously bright orange bra today from Victoria Secret...small but the highlight of my day :) About to go to the gym with my roomie (a little bonding action is in order!) and call it a night. Gotta open at work at 7am, so this will be the post of the night. Happy Tuesday everyone and see y'all tomorrow :)
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    HEY! Woa, ladies... This thread is looking AWESOME :drinker:

I guess I should post a disclaimer here for the the newbs, first... I am a *TALKER*. I give lots of unsolicited advice, vent loads about my own trials and tribulations, and just generally post my face off - usually! But those who were around during the July challenge know that my life has taken a number of unforeseeable turns in the last few months, and for the time being I am spending about 85% of my time just barely coping with the stresses of a new, hectic job, 1/2 Marathon training and races, traveling and camping when I can with Tyler (my boyfriend), obsessive food preparation and healthy eating (which remains one of my biggest time and sanity drains) and a slew of obligatory weddings and other garbage. Coupled with my entire support system being on vacation in Rome right now, it's turning into a LOT of stress and very little time to do much of anything, let alone keep up on here.

SO! I'm sorry I haven't been around... to all you new Kick-A$$ers, WELCOME! :flowerforyou: Love to see the fresh meat and read all of your goals. I'm so inspired when I see people at all stages of their journey digging deep and giving'er! I am a true believer in NO EXCUSES and making every single day count. Why start tomorrow what can be done TODAY? I really and truly believe that each day we need to remind ourselves that our choices do matter and making healthy ones (for the most part) on a regular basis, despite all the good reasons not to, will always make us feel better about our progress, ourselves, and will be conducive to making healthier choices in the future. It's all about momentum - so just do your best not to lose it! And when you do, hop right back on track :wink:

No time today to respond to you all individually but I will try to get to know you as the month goes on (when I can...) Just a few shout outs:

Aly - I had NO idea! :noway: OH my word. That's discouraging to hear and I am very sorry you had to deal with that after all the training, anxiety and damn hard work.... But I know you'll pull through. You'll find the inner strength and you will prevail, feeling better than ever. Good luck with WW if that's the road you choose to take. I'm behind you 100% lady :drinker:

Beth - Don't wait another day. Just START, no excuses. Once you start you won't regret it. The only thing standing in your way is you. There is always time - even I find time, between everything, to fit it in. Right now that means getting up at 530am on only a few hours sleep to fit in my runs. Just make it happen. This is between you, yourself, and that damn gym/asphalt. Get up, and giver!

And yes - for those who said it before me - Thank goodness for new beginnings! Welcome to everyone and MAKE THIS MONTH GREAT!

AFM ...

Mixed bag of results here, I think... July goals were as follows:
    meagalayne- find time twice a week for strength and make it a priority - don't cut it short!; continue with 1/2 Marathon training plan and make it fit, even when life gets in the way; stop giving myself permission to binge/junk because of training or stress - be accountable and plan out indulgences; drink more water than coffee and sleep >6 hours a night, 5 times a week.
    Did strength twice a week, but it wasn't always 100% and it definitely wasn't a full session of weights. I definitely cut it short on morning when I had to fit in a run + strength before work. But it's better that nothing! I also count power yoga + cycling as strength workouts if done for more than 1 hour... Considering how my body feels the next day, I say it totally counts! Week 6 of
    1/2 Marathon training is now underway... I've missed 1 workout so far, and that was yesterday on account of my 7 hour+ long car drive from Ottawa. My legs were KILLED from my 12 miles this weekend and two long, traffic filled drives in a standard transmission car. No excuses, but just honestly no time at all. Thankfully, it was Aug 1st so technically I didn't miss any in July :wink: Technically!
    Binging happened, for sure, but it was definitely less of a "problem" than before. I'm getting there. I think I'll keep this one as a reminder...
    Definitely need to drink WAY more water and WAY less coffee, still. And sleep is getting worse, not better. I think that goal is just unrealistic at this point. More than 5hours of sleep per night is a pipe dream, let alone 6.

As for August....

lostalykat- Start meal planning again, Start doing the new rules of lifting weight lifting routines, Get back to 170 LBS maybe Less. Start focusing on Wedding planning and making it fun.
    meagalyne- Run like I stole it Aug 13 and 28 (races!) and complete weeks 6-10 of HH 1/2 Marathon Training, allowing for some missed workouts without massive guilt; drink more water than coffee; focus on social fitness and enjoy cycling/yoga/hike/racing with Tyler whenever possible, even if it means giving up a workout; ICE AND STRETCH (!!!) when you run and your body aches; and stop giving myself permission to binge/junk because of training or stress - be accountable and plan out indulgences

That's it for me, I think. I'm sure my goals will change. Food is REALLY a huge problem in my life right now and it's standing in the way of a lot of really great things. Having to be so obsessed with what I put in my body and not being able to just feel "normal" about food really does take it's toll on my emotional health and my relationships with others... Needing to find balance still but I know it will take time.

Hope all's well in YOUR worlds. Let's start up the QOTD (question of the day) again with my favourite question of all...

QOTD - How are you going to make today great? :heart:
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    GuamGrly: Thanks, I started back tonight to working out. I planned out everyday of working out! Now, just to see what my work schedules due to change it. My plan is to just keep rearranging it and make it happen! Glad you can sleep late. A friend of mine is a teacher …so, she has been getting up at 5:30 for the last month… I joined her for a few times, but just couldn’t do it. (I get off work at 12:30 some nights) Now that she is going back to school, maybe I will get my workout partner back. Lol. And I look forward to the day I say “smaller please.”

Lalonmeg: I’m in college too! I have this same problem especially since I live in the south.

Megalayne: I am obsessed with food, nutrition, reading labels, reading all those e-mails and statistics.
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Yesterday and today have been great days so far I slept enough, drank my 8 glasses of h20 (which has been a struggle) went to the gym, jogged 2.5 miles out of the 10 weekly miles and went for a bike ride and didn't weigh my self although tempting. My plan is to sleep enough, exercise consistently and be accountable for everything I eat and do. Good luck to all you ladies and thanks for starting this Challenge to help us all be accountable and stay motivated in whatever area of our life we need the extra push. Feel free to add :)
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Hey all! hope everyone is starting off the new month on a good note! so far i'm doing ok.. I'm doing Ripped in 30, and finished day 2 today.. I started out with 3 lb weights, but was rather surprised to find they were too light, so from now on it's gonna be with 5lbs, woo! I also need to get back into running, so i'm trying to figure out a good schedule for the month for both.. Foodwise I was ok today, not too much snacking.. I really really need to get back to logging, as I def hold myself so much more accountable when I see those totals adding up..

Bethany- that's great you get to sleep in late! I say start with Jillian now! believe me the first day is the worst, but then as you progress you'll find yourself improving with each workout.. don't aim to get it perfect and to do everything at the advanced level.. remember it's ok to modify! yesterday with Ripped, i found myself not being able to hold in plank, or do some of the ab moves, but today I improved.. just push yourself to get a little better each day :flowerforyou: good luck with your running! that's great that your daughter is showing enthusiasm with it. i see these kids running in the 5k's and wish my mom had gotten me into something like that..

Aly- again, so sorry to hear that you weren't able to race.. however i'm glad you're moving ahead and focusing on other things. best of luck with WW!

Kandace- i love getting my hair done lol, if i could hire a personal hairdresser i would! good luck getting back into the shred.. i so know how it goes with making excuses out of nothing. i was doing that a lot last month. i'd get up in the afternoon (i work nights.) and would chill out for a bit instead of getting my workout gear on right away, and then my mom would come home and be in the living room, so i'd use that as an excuse for not being able to get in there.. i swear sometimes i have the lowest levels of self motivation.. trying to change it around this month!! we can do it!

Meag- hopefully your job gets a little less hectic this month.. but it's great that you get to enjoy your time off with Ty and your friends. lately sleep has been an issue with me as well.. sometimes i just cannot turn my brain off! some days i'm thinking about the random things i have to get done at work, then others i'm trying to mentally check off the paperwork i have to do for school.. i usually get between 5-6 hours a day, which isn't the greatest, but is tolerable.. at least take a day on the weekend to get a few extra hours in, whether it's straight thru the night or with a nap later on :heart:

QOTD: Well to make today great, I'm going to kick butt with Jillian right after work, before I sleep, so i can get up in the afternoon and run, and not give up!!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    yikes! been a while since i joined in! far too much to catch up on so i'll start afresh!

my goals for august were: Mariababe81 (mariam): finish the 30ds and start round 2, zumba once a week and running once a week. once weekly weigh in.allow myself some rest days if i need them! enjoy maintainance!!!

30ds check!, zumba check!, and running was actually twice a week! also got some rest days but not very many oops! Finally loving maintainance and my new body! working on toning now!

Ive been ok, been running lots. I signed up for my first 5k in sept with one of my friends who insisted i ran with her! have run about four 5ks outside now and my timing gets better with every 5k! last night i managed my best ever at 28:49 secs! woohoo! a couple of weeks ago my personal record was 30:06 so definitely some progress!
    ALso completed the 30ds and loving my new abs! going to join in our spinoff group to do ripped as well.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    meagalyne- Run like I stole it Aug 13 and 28 (races!) and complete weeks 6-10 of HH 1/2 Marathon Training, allowing for some missed workouts without massive guilt; drink more water than coffee; focus on social fitness and enjoy cycling/yoga/hike/racing with Tyler whenever possible, even if it means giving up a workout; ICE AND STRETCH (!!!) when you run and your body aches; and stop giving myself permission to binge/junk because of training or stress - be accountable and plan out indulgences
    Mariababe81: run x3 week and do ripped in 30 x3 a week and once a week zumba. 3 rest days per week. eat cleaner!
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Aly- Sorry to hear about the accident and I hope all is ok :( I am sure you were pretty bummed but hang in there!

Kandace- I can’t get myself to do the 30DS straight either so don’t feel bad. And don’t beat yourself up about what is in the past- all you can do is change the future.

Bethany- Great idea with inviting the friend! I find that if I have to meet people it makes me go as well. It is that little extra something that makes you accountable. Don’t worry about yesterday you know what happened, you didn’t plan ahead, and so you know how to fix it! You can do it!

Lalonmeg- Fantastic attitude! You are completely right that you can still do all of the social things you want too, there is no reason not to as long as you make smart choices. When I know I will be going out I always try and look at the menu ahead of time, when I’m not hungry and pick out what I am going to order so I don’t have to think and be tempted when I get there. Keep it up!

Meag- So glad to have you back! I know your life has been crazy and I am sure it will continue to be! As long as we keep our eye on the prize though right?

Greenhumanclay- sounds like you are already off to an amazing start!

Allie- you will have to tell me how Ripped in 30 goes. I’ve heard some mixed reviews about it and it might be a nice addition to the DVD collection.

Maria- That is an awesome 5k time! Way fast than I can run it and I have been consistently running for a while now so props to you!

AFM- Ugh. So day 1 of August I ran 2 miles- it was harder than I expected but I ran faster than I normally do the first mile and then the second mile was up hill for the majority of it slowing me way down and averaging out to an 11:40 pace. I run so slow.
    Yesterday was spin, which was successful as always and in the locker room several ladies who are always there in the mornings commented on how great I was looking which made me feel good.
    Today was supposed to be 2 miles and strength. Well I struggled majorly with the 2 miles and just stretched after and totally bailed on the strength. I ran the 2 miles at a 12:08 average. So crappy. I am feeling really discouraged about running, I am suppose to run 3 miles on Saturday and that sounds insanely long, so I don’t know how I’m going to run 4 let alone 9.3 in December. I know some days are worse than others but what if all of my days suck? Needless to say, while I am trying to only worry about one training week at a time, I am scared of the future weeks because its only week 3, which is really only week 2 since I am repeating each week, and I am already having a really hard time. Any motivation from you runners on how to push yourself to make it happen would be greatly appreciated. I am currently trying to not let my mood ruin my entire day.

Megan
  • melanie137
    Options
    It always seems to happen overnight. Late this winter, I woke up one day and my pants didn't fit, my endurance was pitiful, and I felt more self conscious than ever.

Heck, in 2009/early 2010, I ran two marathons and look/felt great. But with a sedentary job, a long-distance boyfriend, and a non-existent fitness routine – the pounds crept on and I shape shifted.

I want to make a change before I have to replace my wardrobe and mood.

Before 8/12 (a wedding and seeing bf for first time since May!): I am working out 4x a week (or more), walking whenever possible, and doing phase one of south beach. I want to be 145 and fitting (comfortably!) into a dress for a wedding.
    After 8/12: I am going to start with phase two of south beach, amp up running
    September: Kick off with a juice fast and start one month boxing membership. Start month at 140 to work to mid-one-thirties by mid-fall.

Here we go!

Mariababe81: run x3 week and do ripped in 30 x3 a week and once a week zumba. 3 rest days per week. eat cleaner!
    Melanie137: Achieve 140 by the end of month, Work out 4-6x per week, Cut carbs (Fit into 2009 holiday party dress! Old work pants by September!)
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! So i didn't get a chance to get back here last night. What a busy day!

Yesterday marked the end of my one year probationary period with the fire department...and I was officially voted on as a permanent member! Yes!

Today I have a doctor appointment with my pain management specialist. I'm hoping to be released to do some more exercising. I'm not expecting much, though. I guess my goal is that by the end of August, I can be release from formal pt and just continue therapy on my own at home. My plans for running have been pushed back to next spring. I'm going to have to start from the very beginning, as it's been so long since I have run, but just to run a little bit would be a blessing.

And for those of you who kept up with me last month on the story of my friend Michelle, she is still alive. Life in her state seems pointless though. She is Michelle in body...but we no longer recognize her as Michelle most of the time. We wonder if she even knows who we are. It's like taking care of an Alzheimer's patient that doesn't know you or act anything like their former self. Continued prayer is appreciated...we are all weary.

<3
    Mandy