WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies,
    Sorry I have been in and out this week. Crazy week. We weigh in today for biggest loser that Beth and I partnered in. She lost about 10 pounds, She is on the way to weigh in now. i think I lost about 5. I took water pills and did a mini cleanse yesterday. I was bloated and had extra water weight yesterday. I go at 11. I am glad for it to be done. I do not do well with the competition. The stress and pressure does not help. I do better just exercising and eating right for me. Cant wait to get back to that. I will read posts later. See you gals later.
    vicki M
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies,
    Sorry I have been in and out this week. Crazy week. We weigh in today for biggest loser that Beth and I partnered in. She lost about 10 pounds, She is on the way to weigh in now. i think I lost about 5. I took water pills and did a mini cleanse yesterday. I was bloated and had extra water weight yesterday. I go at 11. I am glad for it to be done. I do not do well with the competition. The stress and pressure does not help. I do better just exercising and eating right for me. Cant wait to get back to that. I will read posts later. See you gals later.
    vicki M

have you tried challenges that are geared towards indivduals verus teams...you might enjoy just competing against yourself....there are a couple of walking ones that are open all the time, also im in one that you try for 3500(or it could less or more)calories burned in one week...good luck with your journey..

pam
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Barbie - Glad to hear hubby's heart is home and the test turned out OK.

Michelle- Thanks for all the comments on my diary. You will get me drinking more and eating veggies too! I appreciate the feedback.

Looks like several are loosing weight. Kudos to all of you.

Thanks for the comment on my new profile picture. It is from Bayfield Colorado at a fund raising breakfast to raise money to save the bears this year. The acorns did not come in year and so many are starving to death all over New Mexico and Colorado. I am going to join Bear Watch just to give them a donation for dog food for the bears.

Tomorrow is my big start over day. I will redo all my measurements and update my ticker with my new weight what ever it is and go from there.

I got roped into coaching soccer again this fall. Remember how happy I was that my kids were too old for me to coach any more? Well, parents can coach at Charter Schools, so if my son's school gets 15 to play, I will coach.

Have a great day everyone

Jeannie
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,351 Member
    Options
    vicki - I'm with you. I'm not a competitive person at all. My goal for the summer bowling season was to have fun and to improve. Well...I accomplished one of my goals....lol Whenever I am under any pressure, you can be guaranteed that I'll do poorly. that's just me. I could never be in a weight loss challenge, that would probably spur me on to binging.

Did an hour on the recumbant bike today (Wed). This isn't my exercise of choice, but the way you put your foot into the straps, there isn't any pressure on the ball of the foot, so I did this today. Tomorrow I'll do a Jari Love DVD. Went to the organizational meeting for the senior bowling for the winter (Wed). The season is 30 weeks long -- yikes!!!! They had a practice bowl after the meeting which I didn't go to since I was so off yesterday, my timing was off, I took 6 steps on the approach instead of my regular 3. I just knew that I'd be way off so I didn't even bother to try.

Boy, is this board quiet right now. Can't hardly believe that tomorrow is Sept. 1.

Here's hoping everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

I am headed for bed so I'm posting the new thread for September

here is the link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/332310-women-ages-50-for-september

I am looking forward to hear how you all did with your goals for August and what your plans are for September
  • middleofseven
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies.

I hope you are all doing well today.

We are off to visit MIL in the nursing home. I'm taking a birthday cake so that she can celebrate DH's birthday (which was last week). I am hoping that she is a little better than she was when I visited her on Saturday. She was struggling to tell me something but just couldn't get the words together. I could see her getting more and more frustrated and she kept bursting into tears. I still have no idea what she wanted to say. Also, her co-ordination is getting worse and worse - she is barely able to feed herself these days. It is awful to see her like this, she's only 73. The nursing home is brilliant and she gets the best care she could get, but the fact that she is stuck in a wheelchair all the time now means that she is extremely limited in what she can do. She is unable to stand at all and the only thing she gets any pleasure from is food. Consequently she has gained about 60 pounds over the last couple of years. The nursing staff put her on a diet but the lack of exercise - apart from daily physiotherapy - means she just gets larger. Having said that, food is probably her sole pleasure these days, so maybe it is better that she eats what she wants. She could die at any time from another attack, so perhaps it would be unfair to restrict her. It's a tough call.

Anyway, I'd better get going.

Hugs to all.
    Love, Amanda x

I am wondering if they have her in a state of starvation catagory just like we have on here. They have her on a diet and she can't exercise so they need to get her into PT if possible. Maybe that is too much as they haven't kept it up daily until now. She would be more happy if everyone just let her have what she wants and they might find that she starts to lose weight.

I lost my Mother at age 73 in 2010. So I know how you feel. It is like a rock and a hard place to see her like she is now, Right?
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
    here is the link for the new thread for September

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/332310-women-ages-50-for-september

I am looking forward to hear how you all did with your goals for August and what your plans are for September
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group for September. Please give me some information.
  • sharrry1
    Options
    .Hi all, looking to lose 50lbs, can use friends for motivation help will also help you.We can give each other a kind word or a kick in the butt ha , ha I have been on a diet all my life it seems, but being able to keep track of my calories will help.I'm new to this wed site can use help thanks
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Shari you have posted on the August thread. Please go to :

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/409829-women-ages-50-for-december-2011?page=4#posts-5681471

to get on the December thread. Welcome!:wink:

BirdieM:flowerforyou:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Katla for 2022