WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST

Options
barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
hellofriends.gif

:bigsmile: Hello to all my long time friends on this thread as well as the newer ones and the new ones that we will meet this month.

:bigsmile: This is a great place for support and encouragement…….even though the name is Women ages 50+ we welcome all women to share with us.

:bigsmile: How did you do with your goals for July? What goals have you set for August?

:bigsmile: I made just the barest beginning on my July goal to do upper body workouts so I’ve decided to keep the same goal for August.
It’s a new page on the calendar and a new opportunity to change your life………let’s go.

[img][/img]194904olsgis3xqe.gif

Replies

• bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 53 and I don't make a goals cause I never seem to do them or even get close if I do. I am really struggling with my weight loss and health wise I really need to lose it. I would love to be friends and motivate each other but it looks like you are doing well on your own. I wish you luck on your journey to getting to all of your goals.

Bev
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    X marks my spot for later x
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Just a quickie before I head off to work.

Happy August to you all. It's going to be a busy month for me. Next week we have my FILs funeral. The day after that I have to spend a night in hospital for some tests. Straight after that it is my sister's birthday ... then my husband's birthday and the next day is my DD's birthday. Yeah, an expensive month!

I'm trying to up my exercise again, to get back to what I was doing before I had my heart valve replacement in March. I'm definitely doing more walking but want to get back to swimming lessons and aquafit classes. My chest scar is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be and I will just get back into my swimming costume and hope for the best.

Out of the door in two minutes, so I'd better go.

Love to you all.
    Amanda x
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Ooo so glad I found you again - I've found this so supportive, thought I'd lost you at the end of July!

Bev, I've had weight problems most of my life too but, although admittedly it's early days for me this time round, I definitely feel this is such an amazing environment it cannot do anything but help us all along, at whatever pace we travel. All good wishes for your and your daughter's success with your weightloss.

Tiarapants, wow that sounds like a really busy time coming up, you will be in my thoughts esp for the hospital tests, remember to take some time to look after yourself in amongst all that busyness! Really admire you for getting back to the pool. I love swimming and must take advantage of the good weather here more.

I'm aiming to lose at least 5 pounds in August ... holiday in September looming!

Happy August one and all, look forward to keeping up with everyone :happy:
  • marlouise
    marlouise Posts: 286
    Options
    Hello ladies, welcome to August, start getting the closets organized for fall!, Been doing okay, just a bit quiet on the social net. Fell onto an article yesterday on weight loss, still reading through it, yes it is a few pages long. I will update everyone once I have read it through and taken some notes. Thus far it seems to be the right choice of action for me.

BARBIECAT, Please e-mail me on your cleansing day routine, the article I am reading is to do with such an action, however I think you have a different system. But I am needing to make a conclusion to the process. Please and thank you!:drinker:
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    x marks the spot.

Still putting my life back in order after the beach trip. So quiet here with just DH and I after the gang at the beach!

More later.

Faye
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Happy August, Everyone!

The "kids" have left and today is my day to sort out the house, clean and get myself back on track. It's nice to see a whole new month ahead, isn't it?

Barbie: Thanks for the reminder to re-set goals and look at how we've done the past month. My July was not too great. I was up and down and all over. Time to get down to basics. I am going to start the Gut N Butt exercises again...at least 3x a week. They seem to help me a lot in addition to my usual walks, hikes, etc. Mostly, I plan to plan!

Hope everyone has a good week and successful month! :heart: Kackie
  • cathys01
    cathys01 Posts: 221
    Options
    Hello Dear Friends:

Can you believe it is already August? Wow, where is this year getting to?

I did not meet my July goal but I am not beating myself up, instead I am just going to try harder for August. Our cruise is set for. Sept. 10th, so I have to get my life in order!!

Christenmom - 9lbs loss = good for you.

Jeannie - What a challenge and prize - $10,000 - I sure hope you can win!!

Sissy - sometimes posting everything we eat is really hard; it truly shows how off track we are, doesn't it?

Niki - keep up the good work on your exercise challenge because you are doing so well.

Natalie - my thoughts are with you - hugs too.

Jane - sounds like you have been having a hard time lately yet you still lost weight - good for you.

Mimi - I loved the idea of your family cookbook. I truly loved also, how you picked yourself up and got motivated, good for you and a lesson for all of us!!

Michele - hope you win your Y contest, but you probably will.

Doobiedoo - sounds like you are slowly making changes. Good for you.

Lorri - Good to hear from you.

Barbie - Glad Bernie likes his new cat tree!! Wait until you have the king bed, you will love it!!

Kathy - glad to hear that exercise is helping you.

Kathy (kitamath) - Welcome.

SAlly - Good luck with having your DH starting to throw out things. Mine is such a pack rat.

Bev - Welcome.

Amanda - Hope all is well with you.

Sue - My goal for August will be the same - to lose 5 lbs. Let's see if we can do it!!

I hope everyone is well and that you have good goals for August and that you can meet them.

Love, Cathy xx
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Happy august!:flowerforyou: I'm still here in the background....painting, cleaning decluttering....working at the office:noway: and even going to the beach when I can!:blushing: Hope you all have a great month!:flowerforyou:

August 14, 2009 is when I started on this website and MFP..... and all my friends here.... have helped me to make changes is my health and weight that have literally change my life!!!!! I wish that for all of you!:smooched:

God Bless!!!!
    BirdieM:heart:
  • sl1mmy
    sl1mmy Posts: 185
    Options
    Hi beautiful ladies!

So a new month ! Full of promises and hope and challenging issues for many of us.

Summer is really different for me than the rest of the year. All my activities stop for summer. I play bowling, go to dance lessons twice a week, have exercise classes for senior and I do benevolent work for senior citizen organisation. I never have to ask myself what do I do. Being by myself is more challenging and would like August to be better than July.

I have to organise myself and make things happen. My goal this month will be to put more action in my life. To see more people and make more activities. And of course not to forget my weight and health goals.

Have a great August everyone!

Niki
  • Patchworkperson
    Patchworkperson Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    The start of a new month! Welcome to our new friends, hugs & good thoughts to those in need & thank you for your support. This is ths longest time I've managed to stick with a healthier eating way of life & it is down to the support of fellow MFP'ers, this group in particular & to the tools on site.

I've only lost a few pounds so far but feel so much better. I carried an equivalent weight around the gym for a short while last week & boy was it heavy! Need to make some serious effort this month as we've just booked a 3 week holiday.

Just picked French beans, courgettes (zucchini) & tomatoes. Now to find a way to work them into tonights dinner.

Have a great August everyone & feel free to friend me if you wish. Geri in UK
  • paddlegirl831
    paddlegirl831 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

Hoping you have room for one more. Started using MFP recently (and reading this group) and hoping to lose that same 20-30 lbs AGAIN!!!!! oh well, baby steps.

I'm excited about getting started and have been relatively good about eating healthier so far, but have been very frustrated about exercise. It's not a matter a time or interest, but the fact that I've been battling a minor illness for a few weeks that keeps me out of the gym for the short-term. I usually really enjoy working out and find it motivating when getting in shape, so it's hard to start a new program and go without it. blah, blah, blah .... ok, enough with the venting!

On the appreciation list:
    1) I'm generally in great health and will soon be able to get back in the swing of things.
    2) I live in sunny Santa Barbara and hope to be kayaking again soon
    3) Those crazy folks in Washington seemed to averted disaster and kept us all out of the poor house - will miracles ever cease?

good luck everybody!

gilda
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Wow, have not had time to read for a few days so have a lot of catching up. I skimmed some but that is it. Just been busy, trying to get pool clean. Finally got it vacuumed yesterday and is clear again. Needs another vacuum but raining here again. Hate to complain but really tired of it. have to work around it for everything outdoors. Saturday we had birthday party for grandson who will be 9 on the 8th. had party early cause school starts here this week. He always has to start school on or around his birthday. Had nice time and then went out to eat with daugher and family and SIL's sister and mom. They were down from VA for a visit. First time we saw their daughter and she is 18 monts old. That night after getting home Beth called (oldest daughter) and said the Rhea (4 year old) was getting her night clothes from dresser and entire 6 drawer dresser fell on top of her. Beth had 9 kids at her house for birthday sleepover so her hubby stayed with kids and her, kenneth and I went to hospital to make sure nothing internal. that was at midnight. We left the hospital at 7 am next morning. Only one er doctor and they had 3 car accident which had critical injuuries so dr had to put us aside to take care of that. needless to say we were exhausted. kenneth and I slept until 1 pm then vacuumed pool then went to movie and dinner. We went to cowboys and aliens and it was really pretty good. did okay with eating all weekend but no exercise at all. I will try to get back to catch up on posts but in meantime, congrats on losses, keep trying if not losing, good luck on surgeries and moves and other life events and prayers for those with deaths or illnesses and such. In other words I am thinking of all of you even if not on here. Take care and God Bless.
    vicki M
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wow, here in Canada, we are half way through summer. And unfortunately, here in Western Canada, we haven't had the best of summer weather. Here's hoping for more warm weather and sunshine although the forecast is not too positive. boo Hoo.

But today is wonderful, sunny and a great day for a family BBQ. Here in Canada, it is a holiday today so a good day to get together. So, off I must go to the store to get some special foods for my kids...spoilt of course!!

Hope hope is having a great day!! Wherever you are!!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy mon and aug 1st.
    went to the y and did my strength training.Went to the pool.

Have a great day!!
    HUGS
    jane
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Welcome gilda,you have found a great website!!
    HUGS
    jane
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • smelliott
    smelliott Posts: 120
    Options
    Bump
  • slick_fox
    slick_fox Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My name is Peg and I have 12 more pounds to lose to reach my goal. I know that maintenance will be another major challange for me.

MFP and all my firends have been very supportive and I will continue to use MPF for the rest of my life.

This is a permanent "life change" and I feel soooooooooo much better.

My goal for August is 7 pounds and counting.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Big Bump, totally MIA for a month. Lost 1 pound all month but I'll take it! See you soon, A.