Week 1 ~ Team Amazing_Grace (CLOSED GROUP) August Challenge

Options

Replies

• lisaap77
    lisaap77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    So I just weighed in at 163 lbs!!! I know it's not part of the challenge but just thought I would share that I also lost 1 inch in my waist and 1/2 inch on my thighs! WOOHOO!! :)

I am also pledging at the very least 2 miles a day towards the 100 mile challenge for our team!

Headed to TN to surprise my sister who has NO IDEA I'm coming! LOL
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY to TNGirlyGirl! I hope this day is all about YOU!
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    for yesterday :
    water - ck
    under target calorie - ck
    exercise - ck
    squats - ck

working on canning carrots and corn - will be BUSY for all day :( but not alot of movement.
    NOT like me to miss church - kinda disappointed about that -
    i weighed in and was very surprised to see nothing lost - same 203.5
    i feel better - my face looks thinner - my clothes are looser -
    idk - maybe it will all catch up and come off next week???
    have a wonderful sunday e/1
  • taranmisty
    taranmisty Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    For August 6, 2011: I drank the eight glasses of water and came in under calorie goal. Did my exercises but didn't get the squats in.
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    For yesterday:
    Completed my diary under goal and drank plenty of water.

I did not manage to get the squat lunges in though. I feel bad. :( I flew to Chicago for my first 5K, though, and yesterday was a ridiculously busy day full of travel. Up at 5:30am, left the hotel at 6am for a 2 hour drive to the race, spent about an hour at the race, 2 hour drive back, then lunch, and after lunch headed to the train station. I had an hour wait for the train, and looking back I should have been doing those squats while I was waiting!! Then 2 hours of riding trains, an hour of fighting my way through the airport to my gate, and a 2 1/2 hour plane trip home, and then an hour in the car... arrived home at 11pm.

I think the only opportunity I had all day to do those exercises was while waiting for the train, and I totally regret not taking advantage of that. But I thought I would have time at the airport, since my flight wasn't supposed to be until later! They managed to get me on an earlier flight then I thought I was going to get on and I had planned my evening around the later one!

That is the only traveling I will be doing this month, so I am ready to work extra hard next week. Those challenges don't frighten me! I'll put some thought into how many miles I can contribute to the 100. I wish biking counted... I bike A LOT... LOL. But I keep meaning to start running more, so hopefully this will push me get on that. :)

Oh, and I weighed in at 169.8, a loss of .8. Not as much as I hoped for, but it puts me below 170 and I am aiming to STAY THERE! I've been plateaued at around 170 for MONTHS! I've been hoping this challenge would help me break that.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

Reporting late, but ...

Yesterday I got my water in, was under goal (ate like crap, but this is not usual for me) ... Schedule was extremely screwy and I didnt get my squats in :( ... can I do them today and have them count?

I weighed this morning and after a 6 month plateau, am showing a 3 pound loss this week.

*sound of jaw hitting the floor*
  • cath1717
    cath1717 Posts: 120
    Options
    AUGUST 6th 2011

Lunges = check
    Water = check
    Calories under = So not check, SORRY!

BUT!!! I was 217lbs and today 215lbs = 2 pounds lost!

Catherine
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options

Thanks Teresa!!! I'm looking forward to being pampered and spoiled :laugh: Of course, with 5 of the 6 kids home today, it probably won't be too relaxing!!! But FUN??? Oh, yeah!!
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in today: 186.2, a loss of 1.2. Not what I'd hoped for (Friday I was at 185.6...) but I was heavy on the sodium and out of routine the last two days and it's showing. Guess all that water weight will just disappear for next week :laugh:
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Hello all!

Reporting late, but ...

Yesterday I got my water in, was under goal (ate like crap, but this is not usual for me) ... Schedule was extremely screwy and I didnt get my squats in :( ... can I do them today and have them count?

I weighed this morning and after a 6 month plateau, am showing a 3 pound loss this week.

*sound of jaw hitting the floor*

If doing the squats today is an option, I will do that as well!!! I think it would make sense if Gary allowed Sunday to be a makeup day if someone has missed a day... sometimes there are legitimate reasons why getting that exercise in is NOT possible! Think he'd consider that??

Congrats to everyone who posted a big loss this week!! Wow!! I wish I could say the same for myself! I did have a high sodium, fast food sort of day, actually two days... so I'm hoping that's why and I will see a much bigger loss next week without the traveling and limited food options. :)

And to those who didn't post a big loss (like me), Congrats on getting through week 1! We'll catch up next week!
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options

Thanks Teresa!!! I'm looking forward to being pampered and spoiled :laugh: Of course, with 5 of the 6 kids home today, it probably won't be too relaxing!!! But FUN??? Oh, yeah!!

Happy Birthday!!!!
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in Day: down to 237-a 3 lbs. loss. Glad today is an "off" day, although I do like the suggestion that Sundays be used as a make up day if you couldn't get your challenge in during the week.

Congratulations to everyone on their hard work this week! Big loss, little loss or no loss; we got through this together!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    YES! YES! YES! :drinker:

You can use Sunday as a make up day - BUT ALSO - if you cannot do Tuesday's exercise challenge on Tuesday (for whatever reason), but you CAN do Thursday's..... go ahead and switch them!! Just make sure you let me know what exercise challenge you are doing every day, and make sure that come Thursday you do Tuesday's exercise instead...

I'll use SarahRuth's travel day to Chicago as an example..... use yesterday as your REST DAY and make today be your Saturday. But just remember that we only get ONE REST DAY per week,,,,, so keep that in mind and try to "save" it till an 'emergency' or later in the week - OK?

DOES ALL THAT MAKE SENSE!! :noway:

Let me know if not.....
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    My starting weight was 187.8 and my weight today is 186.4

That's 1.4 pounds lost this week!!!! Yay!!!! :drinker:

Thanks you guys for keeping me so motivated this week!!! (I mean, after all, the Team Captain certainly CAN'T go over he calorie goal or NOT get in her exercises - RIGHT!!!!! hehe.)

and my PLEDGE this week toward the 100 mile team challenge is going to be 15 miles!!

I normally try to do my 5 mile walk 3-4 times per week (as part of my normal routine) so this week I will pledge to do it EVERY NIGHT! (REMEMBER - these miles must be over and above what you normally do in a week).

Come on team!! Where are my walkers / runners ?? We need to PUSH ourselves this week!!!! Let me know what YOU are going to pledge to do !!!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I realized I didn't add my water to my diar yesterday... I did drink it and just updated it :wink:

Weighin = 170.6! I lot 2.8 in a week (and I weighed inn after my morning run and walk!?) That is a great lose for me and I am excited.

I am on vacation this week so I have to make sure that I stay under calories and get the exercising in!? It will be hard for me to be online a lot as we will be busy but I. Know everyone has done a great job in week one and will only take that into week two :bigsmile:

I will make sure to get the jumping jacks in today since I missed them, great to hear we can be a little flexible with them.

Sarah= great job on the 5K
    Clew= hooray for breaking the pleatue
    Amazing_grace= thanks for letting us see your diary
    Tngirly= happy bday!
    If I missed any accomplishment.... I am truely sorry, doing this from my phone isn't so easy :laugh:
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    YES! YES! YES! :drinker:

You can use Sunday as a make up day - BUT ALSO - if you cannot do Tuesday's exercise challenge on Tuesday (for whatever reason), but you CAN do Thursday's..... go ahead and switch them!! Just make sure you let me know what exercise challenge you are doing every day, and make sure that come Thursday you do Tuesday's exercise instead...

I'll use SarahRuth's travel day to Chicago as an example..... use yesterday as your REST DAY and make today be your Saturday. But just remember that we only get ONE REST DAY per week,,,,, so keep that in mind and try to "save" it till an 'emergency' or later in the week - OK?

DOES ALL THAT MAKE SENSE!! :noway:

Let me know if not.....

AWESOME!!! I'm totally doing the squats today. And I think it's hilarious that I ran a 5K on the day you're calling my "rest day". LOL

I am going to pledge 10 miles towards the 100 mile team challenge. I have been running 2-3 miles 2 days a week, on average. And I walk for 2 miles 5 days a week. So in a typical week I cover at least 14 miles. I'm going to run more days this week, at least 4 days, for at least 3 miles each day. That will give me 12 miles + my 10 miles of walking will put me at 24.
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    I realized I didn't add my water to my diar yesterday... I did drink it and just updated it :wink:

Weighin = 170.6! That is a great lose for me and I am excited. I am on vacation this week so I have to make sure that I stay under calories and get the exercising in!? It will be hard for me to be online a lot as we will be busy but I. Know everyone has done a great job in week one and will only take that into week two :bigsmile:

I will make sure to get the jumping jacks in today since I missed them, great to hear we can be a little flexible with them.

Sarah= great job on the 5K
    Clew= hooray for breaking the pleatue
    Amazing_grace= thanks for letting us see your diary
    Tngirly= happy bday!
    If I missed any accomplishment.... I am truely sorry, doing this from my phone isn't so easy :laugh:

That's ok girl!! Just check in with us when you can. I'll message you later in the week and let you know if I have any stats that I am "missing" from YOU!! Have a great vacation!! I'm getting ready to post the new thread too, so be sure to "bump" it so that you have it for later.....
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Hey TEAM!!!

Here is the new thread for Week 2.... be sure to "bump" it so that you can find it easily starting TOMORROW morning (Monday)...

GET READY TO UNLEASH THE BEAST TEAM!!! WE ARE DOING THIS!!!!

RAWRRRRRRR!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/310755-week-2-team-amazing-grace-closed-group-august-challenge
  • song2sing
    song2sing Posts: 183
    Options
    Start of challenge: 187.4
    August 7, 2011 weigh in: 184.6
    Weight loss so far: 2.8 lbs

I commit to 5 miles this week, if i do more, I'll let you know!

POTATO SALAD (LOW CALORIE)
    Printed from COOKS.COM

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,191,155164-251207,00.html
    Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

3 c. cooked, diced potatoes (about 5 med.)
    1/2 c. frozen green peas (thawed)
    1/4 c. diced red or green pepper
    1 tbsp. minced onion
    1 hard boiled egg, chopped

DRESSING:

1/2 c. plain nonfat yogurt
    1/2 c. low calorie mayonnaise
    1 tsp. sugar
    1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1/2 tsp. pepper

Combine salad ingredients in a 2-quart salad bowl. Combine dressing ingredients and pour over potato mixture. Toss until well blended. Chill 24 hours for best results, but can be served immediately.

Yield: 8 (1/2-cup) servings.
    Exchanges: 1 bread-starch, 1 fat, calories 132, fat 6 g, cholesterol 4 1/2 mg, sodium 193 mg.
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Squats done!!