What were YOU proud of this weekend???

Options

Replies

• 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I noticed that my size 18 jeans were barely hanging on to my hips. If I lose another inch or so, they'll fall right down to the ground!

I was curious and pulled an old pair of size 16 jeans out of my closet and tried them on. THEY FIT! I haven't been able to wear those pants in almost 2 years :D:D:D

great job!!! love clothing NSV's!
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    My proud moment resulted right after a least proud moment. I ate too much at lunch yesterday after church, but I logged it, drank a lot of water, and moved on!!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    On the longest session to date of my half-marathon (one hour of run 2, walk 1) I bumped into my old running group in the local park. I joined them for hill sprints and I was the fastest woman there - I was only overtaken by some teenage Ron Wesley lookalike! The I said my farewells and carried on with the rest of my run. Don't half ache today, though!
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options
    Did a practice 5K before I sign up for one at the end of September and did a time of 27:16 Min to try to improve on. BTW great job on your 5K this past weekend.

Thanx!! Great time on your practice run, your gonna kill it at the actual race!
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    This weekend was bad, in fact it was the worst I have had in the whole six months I have been on MFP.

BUT today is the start of a new week and I will take all the positives I can

1) I am very close to my goal weight
    2) I am still a non smoker and have not gained any weight in the 12 weeks since I last smoked
    3) I had a fab weekend, saw some old friends, ate [too much] good food and drank [too much] good wine
    4) I truly feel "ready" to get fully back on plan today after my blow-out weekend! I feel like I'll have a good week :laugh:
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of allowing myself a decadent and indulgent weekend with food without freaking out about it. I ate, I enjoyed and now I'm being good again without feeling guilty.
  • mommyami1
    mommyami1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My accomplishments this weekend:
    1) Logged in everything, good and bad. I usually don't log consistently on the weekends.
    2) Learned how I feel when I've had too much sodium.
    3) Did not binge despite an emotional day and my tendency to do emotional pig outs.
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options
    I'm proud of allowing myself a decadent and indulgent weekend with food without freaking out about it. I ate, I enjoyed and now I'm being good again without feeling guilty.

Love it! Moderation, not Deprevation!
  • VelmaD76
    VelmaD76 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I took my kids to get ice cream but didn't get any for myself. I wasn't hungry so why eat ice cream just because it's there?
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I totaly agree that there's always more than the number on the scale. Sometimes the NSVs are far sweeter than the weight loss itself. Here were my NSVs this weekend.

1. I completed C25K Week 5 on Saturday which was the big hump in the program. Going from running at most 8 minutes at a time to running a full 20 minutes. I did it without stopping and when I got home I registered for my very first 5K race.
    2. My bootcamp trainer took my measurements and after 2 months on this journey, I have lost a total of 29.75 inches and 12 lbs. My waist circumference is now in the healthy range and my BMI is out of the obese range.
    3. I tried on a cute dress I bought for an upcoming friend's wedding and my fiance's mouth practically fell on the floor. He thought I looked amazing and told me how proud he was of what I have accomplished and my dedication to getting fit and healthy.
    4. I celebrated my birthday last week and ate a red velvet cheesecake from the cheesecake factory. I still lost 1lb last week. It goes to show that you can have a healthy lifestyle while still having those treats once in a while. :happy:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Didn`t big out at a birthday party.Even skipped the cake
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options
    I totaly agree that theres always more than the number on the scale. Sometimes the NSVs are far sweeter than the weight loss itself. Here were my NSVs this weekend.

4. I celebrated my birthday this week and ate a red velvet cheesecake from the cheesecake factory. I still lost 1lb this week. It goes to show that you can have a healthy lifestyle while still having those treats once in a while. :happy:

Amen!! Moderation, not deprivation! Nice work!
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Burned over 3500 calories this weekend between swimming and walking. Lost a pound between Friday night and Sunday afternoon, son mentioned that I looked thinner.

It was a good weekend.
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I totaly agree that theres always more than the number on the scale. Sometimes the NSVs are far sweeter than the weight loss itself. Here were my NSVs this weekend.

4. I celebrated my birthday this week and ate a red velvet cheesecake from the cheesecake factory. I still lost 1lb this week. It goes to show that you can have a healthy lifestyle while still having those treats once in a while. :happy:

Wow, just noticed your 202lb weight lost. Incredible!!!!! You are definitely an inspiration! Fantastic job!
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    * That eventho i had to work evenings this weekend i got out and went for a run. Where normally i could just make 25 mins in a row, i managed to go for at least 3 mins more and have a little sprint in the end.

* That ive managed to get at least 1 session of yoga in
  • jenluvs2sing
    jenluvs2sing Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I did Zumba 3 days this week, the long one, not the 20 minute one. I rewarded myself by buying new sneakers so now when I do Zumba my feet won't hurt (as much, anyway). And decided that making a really delicious protein shake at the end of a great workout is the best treat! I got a new blender and it works so well I can really make it taste like a milkshake, so yummy! I'm proud of my effort and really feel like it can be continued. I can't go for long goals, I have to make it one week at a time. Works for me. :D
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options

Wow, just noticed your 202lb weight lost. Incredible!!!!! You are definitely an inspiration! Fantastic job!

Thanx :)
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options
    Amazing successes this weekend everyone, keep em coming!!!
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    That I lost my first 4lbs since starting my MFP journy after my baby boy was born 13wks ago!
    Also my uk size 16 jeans are so lose I HAVE to wear a belt and I can pull them out a few inches. I couldnt get into my head on my last shopping trip that I needed a 14 so got my usual size :laugh:
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Went to the beach with my friends and worked out while I was there!!!!