Gimme the Skinny - August Challenge Team 21 - (closed group)

Options

Replies

• kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    Challenge done for today! And also... I agree... yay for couples doing this together! :) I find myself working even harder when there's a fellow teammate living in my house. :)

That's right your husband just joined the challenge too!! That's got to be EXTRA motivating...I must admit, I am jealous, but also inspired...
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Finished my exercises for the exercise challenge today :) And did 3 miles for our mile challenge bringing my total to 10.5 .
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    That's right your husband just joined the challenge too!! That's got to be EXTRA motivating...I must admit, I am jealous, but also inspired...

Yes, it is extra motivating, but whenever we work out together, I feel like such a marshmallow. I get my butt kicked every time, as you can tell from the fact that we did 7 miles yesterday before I was tapped out, so he went for his "real" bike ride after that and got another 10 miles in, probably going at light speed or something. Sheesh ;-)
  • heofon
    heofon Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    No, my wife does a great job! She would've ridden ten miles with me, but she had an appointment yet she wanted to get as much in as she could before she left. That's dedication.
  • brihare
    brihare Posts: 7
    Options
    Ran another 3 miles at work and 3 when I got home today :-) Almost done with the miles I said I was going to do but who knows, I may do some extra ;-)
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I did 2 miles more today. About to do the daily challenges!

**Daily challenges now complete!
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My Recipe!

Yummy & Quick Blueberry Oatmeal

1/2 cup Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
    1/3 cup frozen blue berries (unsweetened)
    1/5 cup Blue Diamond Almond Milk - Unsweetened Vanilla

Directions: Mix all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 45 seconds. Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts:
    Serving size: 1 bowl
    Servings per recipe: 1
    Amount per serving
    Calories: 178
    Carbs: 32g
    Fat: 4g
    Protein: 5g
    Sugar: 4g
    Sodium: 36mg
  • kcgslp
    Options
    Another rough day for me...volleyball season has just begun for my daughter which means I become chauffer and gym time is drastically reduced!
    Team sleepover is going on as we speak...so my house is full of not only teenaged girls but also candy, chips, brownies, cupcakes and Pizza!!!

oh well....For now I've got my 21s, jjs food & water done.

No extra miles today :(
    Tomorrow is another day....
  • tagrady
    tagrady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My Recipe!

Yummy & Quick Blueberry Oatmeal

1/2 cup Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
    1/3 cup frozen blue berries (unsweetened)
    1/5 cup Blue Diamond Almond Milk - Unsweetened Vanilla

Directions: Mix all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 45 seconds. Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts:
    Serving size: 1 bowl
    Servings per recipe: 1
    Amount per serving
    Calories: 178
    Carbs: 32g
    Fat: 4g
    Protein: 5g
    Sugar: 4g
    Sodium: 36mg

THIS IS SO YUMMY! I make this without the almond milk all the time, but it was soooo much better WITH it!
  • szczepj
    Options
    Finished exercise challenge for the day! :)I'm going to find a recipe tonight or tomorrow! :)
  • tagrady
    Options
    OK TEAM

We have 77.95 miles done 22.05 miles left!!!!!!!!!

GREAT JOB TEAM SKINNY!!! YOU ARE DOING AWESOME!!!!

so I just wanted to share a few rockstars from last week. The spreadsheets were a mess for the begining half of this week,

OUR BIGGEST LOOSER LAST WEEK....DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....

Kellie ~ U2Fergus with 2.1% loss!!!

Other honorable mentions......

Devani34 1.9%
    szczepj 1.8%
    tagrady 1.8%

Remember guys, if you can't get your daily excercise done, don't give up hope. You can always take your rest-day mid week, or double up tomorrow. Most importantly, this challenge is about pushing ourselves, and leading healthy lifestyles. This isn't meant to cause stress in anyone's life. So relax,,,have fun...and Gary issued a Beyonce Mini Challenge today if anyone's up for it!

from gary....
    Don't forget the Beyonce Mini - Challenge....Yes Dudes I want you to do it too! Its fun. Mr. White Chocolate here just did it ...it was fun.....I need some more swag but I tapped my inner swagger and I was doing it. I DID NOT BOOTY POP I REPEAT DID NOT BOOTY POP! I ain't down with that. Here's the link in case you missed it from yesterday. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYq0zAQ3lHY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0azRdbIFjHg&feature=related (instructional)
  • tagrady
    Options
    was bored at work, did my globe jumps next to my desk, then made this for the fun of it!

Gimmetheskinnycopy-1.jpg

Gimmetheskinnycopy-1.jpg

(cut & paste changing the IMG to lowercase if you want it too)
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    finished all challenges up to today :) plus I did 6 more miles :)
  • kcgslp
    Options
    Love the new GIMME the SKINNY graphic!

And congratulations to our BIGGEST LOSERS :0) WAY TO GO!!!!

Daily Check-in....
    My exercise is complete!!!

1 hour cardio (normal)
    + challenge stair climber
    + Globe jumps
    + Jumping Jacks
    + bonus challenge 4 miles on the bike
  • kcgslp
    Options
    OK TEAM

We have 77.95 miles done 22.05 miles left!!!!!!!!!

GREAT JOB TEAM SKINNY!!! YOU ARE DOING AWESOME!!!!

so I just wanted to share a few rockstars from last week. The spreadsheets were a mess for the begining half of this week,

OUR BIGGEST LOOSER LAST WEEK....DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....

Kellie ~ U2Fergus with 2.1% loss!!!

Other honorable mentions......

Devani34 1.9%
    szczepj 1.8%
    tagrady 1.8%

Remember guys, if you can't get your daily excercise done, don't give up hope. You can always take your rest-day mid week, or double up tomorrow. Most importantly, this challenge is about pushing ourselves, and leading healthy lifestyles. This isn't meant to cause stress in anyone's life. So relax,,,have fun...and Gary issued a Beyonce Mini Challenge today if anyone's up for it!

from gary....
    Don't forget the Beyonce Mini - Challenge....Yes Dudes I want you to do it too! Its fun. Mr. White Chocolate here just did it ...it was fun.....I need some more swag but I tapped my inner swagger and I was doing it. I DID NOT BOOTY POP I REPEAT DID NOT BOOTY POP! I ain't down with that. Here's the link in case you missed it from yesterday. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYq0zAQ3lHY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0azRdbIFjHg&feature=related (instructional)

WAIT....do we really have to try to do this Beyonce video?
    Has anyone tried it yet?
  • tagrady
    Options
    No, the beyonce video is just for fun :)
  • tagrady
    Options
    AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK #3: RISE OF THE MACHINES!
    This is the week three team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout
    routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact
    your team captain for ideas.
    Week Three Daily Exercise Challenge
    Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for
    the team!
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #2 YOU ARE NO LONGER
    ROCKSTARS YOU’VE MOVED ON TO BEAST MODE!
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks* and 3 sets of 12 Woodchops
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkhATg1-b9g&feature=relmfu )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Military Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run + 3 sets of 21’s
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9WeqqMeJAM&feature=related )
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 200 Jumping Jacks + 100 Mountain Climbers + 20 Lunges
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 200 Jumping Jacks + 3 sets of 12 woodchops
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 100 AB Crunches + 50 Burpees (Oh yes they are back) Up/Downs
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – Walk, run, swim, jog, bike 2 miles today. That’s it you’ve kicked your own
    butt this week!
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!
    Week Three Weekly Team Challenge
    Team Challenge as a team to do at least 4000 ab crunches for the week. So a team of 20 would need
    each person to do 200 Crunches extra for the week. Let’s burn that belly fat away!
    *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
    as you are much stronger than you believe.
    Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.
    Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.
  • szczepj
    Options
    2000 ab crunches! Easy peasy. Heck I'll pledge to do 500 of them myself! :)

Congrats to everyone! :)
  • u2fergus
    Options
    Well, I started out the heaviest by quite a lot, so it's probably easier for me to lose more weight early on. I have to thank you guys are spurring me on to get off my butt and stay away from the cookies. ;-)

Daily Check-in.... Exercise is complete

1 hour walking about 3-3.5/hr (normal)
    + 50 Globe jumps
    + 100 Jumping Jacks
    + bonus challenge 2 miles walking
    + 50 crunches for good measure... just to make me wobble less :)
    + 1 hour piano practice (so awesome that I get to count this as cardio... I love you, MFP!!)

I know I still owe the team 7 extra pledged miles, so I will get on that tomorrow and Sunday.

For next week, I will also pledge 500 crunches... good idea, szczepj! :)
  • u2fergus
    Options
    Oh, yeah... and I forgot about the 100 stair climbs, so I just did those, too. So tired!!!