my august challenge

Options
so here's the deal. i weigh 171lbs. Need a weight loss of 8- 10lbs by august 31st!
rules- 6 days of cardio for 30 mins(calorie loss betweein 490-550)
4 days of strength training(with or without weights)
1 rest day
eat no more than 1400kcal of CLEAN food
2 pints of water- can be diluted squash or tea-(herbal tea and as little coffee as possible)
will weigh in every monday but will check in everyday to set myself different goals!
would love for 9 more people to join me or at least support me!!!
let the good times roll!!!

Replies

• HappEHealthE
    Options
    I'm in! Good luck to us all!
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm up for giving this a go!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan :) I love a good schedule to keep me straight! I don't think I can lose 10 in a month but I'll aim for 2lbs a week and try for 8!
  • SlimDownDani
    Options
    I would love to join in! I don't know if I can lose 10 but, I will make sure I am working along with you!
  • MZATM
    MZATM Posts: 34
    Options
    I'll join you that sounds great I need to loose about 10 - 15lbs myself so lets do this.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I'm game. I've been in a plateau and I'm trying to work really hard to get out. Since today is the first, I am making a commitment today to lose 10 this month!!
  • MaggieWatson
    Options
    lets do this together :) i'd like to lose 8 pounds this month! and i need to exercise more.
  • MsWriter
    MsWriter Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • sesefeeney
    sesefeeney Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    yay!!!! glad theres quiet a few of us! thats all i need really! please weigh yourselves today and we'll have a weigh in on monday!!
    would love to know at the end of today how well everyone did!
    have gotten my weight training and exercise out of the way today so will be concentrating on the quality of my diet and will get back to you all at the end of the day!!!
    good luck beautiful people!!!
  • FionaHelen
    FionaHelen Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i am in since quitting the ciggies i have fell of the wagon so this would help keep me on the straight and narrow
  • dtmwed
    dtmwed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'll join in! I need get the 5 I put back on in the last month and work at taking more off.. My start is 171.9
    How tall are you btw? Best of luck!
  • manda112
    manda112 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i need to lose about the same so im in :)
  • sesefeeney
    Options
    brill!!! so there's 12 of us!!! i dont intend to add anymore as a small group is nice and will keep us all focused!!!
    please feel free to use this space as a dairy and we can all share tips with each other and encourage each other! i will be posting thinspirational stuff to keep us all thinspired and we will revisit our goals every friday to keep us all on track at the weekend(which is my weakness) so we have a brilliant weighin on monday so here goes:
    everyones weight loss goals:

sesefeeney- 10lbs

HappEHealthE- 8-10lbs

SadieGeoghegan- 8-10lbs

FaugHorn-8lbs

SlimDownDani- 6lbs?

MZATM- 10-15lbs

Fbmandy55-10lbs

MaggieWatson-8lbs

jecjec28-10lbs

FionaHelen- 10lbs

dtmwed-5lbs

manda112-10lbs

will repost this on weds and fridays to remind each of us why we are here!!! i hope everyone is fully commited and we wont lose anyone along the way!!! soooo excited!!! goodluck ladies!!!
    remember- stay active!!!!!!!

ps- thanks to all who've added me as a friend!!
  • FionaHelen
    FionaHelen Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Had a great day today, its amazing how knowing you belong to a group helps you to feel focussed!!!!
  • sesefeeney
    Options
    Had a great day today, its amazing how knowing you belong to a group helps you to feel focussed!!!!
    this is sooo true! its nice to have someone to report back to too!!!
    today was a good day for me too! 30 mins cardio- 500 kcal, did half an hour of muscular structure and my diet today has been super healthy!! so pleased!
    day one over!! 29 days to go!!!!
    hope everyone is going strong and if you're not, not to worry, you can get back on track now!!!
    see you all tomorrow!!!
  • sesefeeney
    Options
    August the 2ND, time 10.04am london time!!!

hey ladies! we have 30 days left until we are 8-10lbs lighter!!! and 5 days till our first weighin!
    i set a goal for myself today which i have already achieved! my goal was to wake up at half 5 this morning and get my cardio and toning done and make breakfast before my little one woke up!!!
    i did it!
    its feels soo exhilarating!!! so i've got this whole lovely day infront of me with the burden of any exercise regime out of the way but i do intend to keep active! a lovely hour stroll in the countryside with hubby and bubba and a bicycle ride with my step daughter!
    oh and lots and lots of house work!!! will check back at the end of the day to report on my CLEAN diet
    i know its only day two but i feel pumped and with the help of eveyone in this group i believe i can do it!!!
    thinspration quote as promised- 'its not the will power you need, its the WANT power'- (weightwatchers)
    and leading on from that- 'will power is like a muscle, the more you work it, the stronger it gets' (women's health magazine)

would love to read about how everyone else is getting on!!!! xxxx
    WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • MsWriter
    MsWriter Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    An average day for me. A beautiful sunny day in Sydney so went out for 2 walks with the dogs. Unfortunately have a cold ... so couldn't attend my usual outdoor training session tonight. Bummed ...but hope to recover quickly with some rest over the next day or so. Hope you all had a great day!
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Had a GREAT day food and exercise-wise yesterday. I didn't do any snacking between meals apart from an apple in the afternoon!

Then last night I went to an hour long Body Pump class followed by an hour long Body Balance class (yoga and tai chi). And then I took my dog for a short walk (can't go too far because he only has little legs!).

Skipping breakfast is one of my major downfalls, but I had porridge this morning, but unfortunately I can't stop picking at my Graze Box that got delivered today...

Off for a bike ride with my work colleagues tonight!

COME ON!
  • SlimDownDani
    Options
    Today is my 2nd day of our Challenge. Yesterday was a little tough to stay on track after a 2 week vacation. But, I made it!

I totally believe I can hit an eight pound goal...who knows, with all this support maybe I can even get all the way up to 10 like everyone else!

So, my area of weakness is strength training. Do you have any suggestions? I would like to add some in today while at the gym however, I am not sure what the best exercises for the beginner like myself would be.
  • sesefeeney
    Options
    hi guys!!!
    firstly! sorry to hear you're poorly jecjec8! i hate feeling ill!! and there's nothing like a cold to knock you off your goals!!! i hope you get better soon, just please remember to take it easy and you can start properly when you feel better! its better to lose an lb or two slowly and when your 100%
    SLIMSADIEG- WOW!!!! you're thinspiring!!! you're super active! something i will try and learn from
    SLIMDOWN DANI- welldone for sticking to it!!! the first few days are hard!!(i'm right where you are) but it should get better after day 5 i think....or hope hehe!! about strength training......i dont know what other peoples views are on it but from experience i've learnt that my body doesnt really fair well with carrying lots of weight(i bulk pretty easily and end up looking like a bloke!) i use weights ranging from 3lbs to 10lbs and i mix it up with doing muscular structure exercises on dvds. i use tracy andersons- mat workout or perfect design and at the moment it seems to be working for me. i love how different and girly her toning and strength training exercises are! but massive waring, dont be fooled by the fact that they are 'girly'. her moves get your heart rate up and you're pouring with sweat all through it! it is hardcore and very addictive!:smile:

now back to me!! i was 80% good today!!! had a good brekki, drank lots of health fluids but i was a bit naughty and had a toffee,coffee frappe and a bigger portion of supper than i should have but i'm just going to try harder tomorrow and eat better!!!
    wow!!! day 2 is over!!! bring on day 3!!!!

ps- would love for all the other ladies to share their experiences so far! its nice to have this little community and this one goal and i'm hoping we dont lose anyone or that noone gets put off by me:tongue: bring on tomorrow!!!