Where Do You Lose Fat First?

Options
I know some people have said that you start to see the difference from the top down, but mainly I've seen a lot of change in my legs first, and only a little loss in my belly. How does it work for you? Do you think my belly will start to shrink soon?

Replies

• authson
    authson Posts: 233
    Options
    I have lost a ton in my face and ankles weird right?
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Face first then downward. Belly and waist are the last places to go. The reason why your legs look changed is because you use those muscles more than anything by just walking, etc.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    I seem to have lost it all over
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    you cannot spot lose weight (despite what some infomercials lead you to believe). your own body will determine where you lose fat from first.. just stick with it, and the fat will come off of all places you want it removed from. but, no amount of crunches/ab exercises is going to get the belly fat removed any faster. if you're exercising, its better to use your time focusing on multi-joint/compound exercises that work more body parts.
  • rainbowbuggy
    Options
    Face first then downward. Belly and waist are the last places to go. The reason why your legs look changed is because you use those muscles more than anything by just walking, etc.

LOL...this is so true! Belly Fat is the last place to you lose it! I hate that too :-) Face is the first.
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I've lost in my face and my legs.
  • See_Jenn_Run
    Options
    For me, it starts at the top, then the legs, then the middle. It's so bizarre!
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not my feet - in the past I went from a 9.5 to a 7.5 - really weird!!:tongue:
  • camille97
    Options
    you cannot spot lose weight (despite what some infomercials lead you to believe). your own body will determine where you lose fat from first.. just stick with it, and the fat will come off of all places you want it removed from. but, no amount of crunches/ab exercises is going to get the belly fat removed any faster. if you're exercising, its better to use your time focusing on multi-joint/compound exercises that work more body parts.

I have not been trying to spot reduce, I am aware this does not work. I was simply wondering what changes generally occur first. Thanks!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Boobies and neck.

then belly but only above the navel.

then arms.

My legs may lose a little but they can't lose a lot because I have lipedema and the fat from lipedema is not normal fat so does not respond well to diet and exercise.
  • jgouldsmith
    Options
    lost 25 lbs in two months, but it seems like it's all off my belly. I have a fat face and would like to lose a lot more of my double chin. I still have 60 lbs to go, it will come off.
  • wwperry
    wwperry Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Me it was most noticable in bottom and hips... and boobies.
  • DK30096
    DK30096 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I lose it in my face and my upper torso first and gain it back in my face and upper torso last. So I know that I'm WAY over weight when my face looks fat!
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I have lost weight many many times and each time it came back differently but each time I lost it always came off my crotch first! Seriously, all of a sudden my jeans get really loose and baggy in the seat/crotch area! My belly does go down some but not enough. I have only ever lost half the weight I need to lose so maybe if I finally get to 75-100% success the belly will be almost gone.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Mine started in the face. Then the waist started to shrink a little, along with my rear end. Then my 'love handles' began to evaporate.
    I still have a roll of blubber at the waist, but it's getting smaller, thank goodness.
  • Sauni52
    Sauni52 Posts: 5
    Options
    Last time I lost in the belly was when i went on a sugar free and low carb diet. The results were great until i started eating sugars again.
  • bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I've lost give or take an inch all over, but I've lost weight mostly from my boobs (a difference of 3 inches now) and my face.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    In my face & my legs. My arms & belly still disgust me.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    You lose fat all over but it show first where you have the least amount of fat: face and ankles. For me the fattest part is my belly. I am losing there for sure but it does not show as much as my face and ankles.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose belly fat...up your protein and cut out all white processed foods (sugar, white bread, white rice, white pasta and cut out potatoes of any kind for 30 days) And CARDIO like crazy!!

Cut back about 1/2 on dairy.....