Starting C25K tomorrow, anyone else?

Options

Replies

• Pinky155
    Options
    I started week 4, Day 1 yesterday. I'm very stiff in my lower back today and my shin on my right leg has some mild discomfort, but I intend to keep at in, perhaps stretching more after the runs will do the trick. I appreciate the motivation this thread is giving me. Thanks and keep up the good work!
  • phawley13
    phawley13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Did Week 3 Day 1 this morning. Was so much easier than I was making it out to be. Still probably going to be nervous going into week 4, but at least I feel like I can do this!

I just finished w3d1 and I agree it was easier than I thought it would be... but was still tough, felt great though... I can't wait to keep going. I will be so happy when I can run for 30 min straight, no matter how far I go
  • phawley13
    Options
    Okay I know I said it was fairly easy, but my legs are now disagreeing... they hurt so much, my walk this morning was interesting, and I am still planning on w3d2 tonight, I just hope my legs don't protest too much, my sitting and standing at work hurts today... this is going to be a long day.

:flowerforyou: :happy: I am very happy though, my legs killing me means I am doing what I know I must
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    Did week 3 day 2 this morning. It was a little tougher than I would have hoped. But I 1. did not take an advil before going ( I am missing part of my heel bone in the left foot so it helps with the discomfort a little, I took one monday and it seemed to help) and 2. It was so foggy and the air so thick this morning, you couldn't see so I'm sure that affected my breathing at the very least.

But I still can't wait for Friday! :bigsmile:
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I did C25k it really does work to get you running!!! you just need to trust the program and stick to it.

The facebook group for C25k is really active and a good place to find support.
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    Earlier I did W6 D2. All this crap I've been eating lately & lack of exercise 3 out of the last 4 days definitely was a huge mistake. My body was not happy with me but I did it. After today the least amt of time I will run will be 25 min straight. A little nervous but ready for the challenge.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 3 Day 3 Yesterday! So far since getting out of week 1 I have not had to walk during any run segment!
    Week 4 looks TOUGH. For some reason (I think heat coming back) W3D3 was rough!!!! I may do W3D3 again Friday before heading into W4.
  • crummywatertowr
    crummywatertowr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are in our seventh week but actually starting week 5 tonight. We repeated some days and the whole first week until we were strong enough to do it all. I love that we do it together. It's a great way for us to pay attention to each other without saying a word. It's amazing how we both wanted to die after our W2D1 and now we can go five minutes easy. We are determined to have running be a part of our lives. Any one feel free to add me for support!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Just finished W3D2 this evening, still doing light-moderate jogging, but it was great! 1 more day, then in comes week 4! I'm excited but scared at the same time..
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    Did W6 D3 earlier. Wow, 25 minutes seems like a lot. My calves were sore the last 5 minutes. Minimum jog/run time here on out for me is 25 min. I don't know what I got myself into. lol.
  • phawley13
    Options
    those week 6 things are what scares me, the 3 min runs this week where hard, but I know if I keep at it it will get easier.
  • Alexface21
    Options
    I did an extra day of Week 1 earlier and it felt great! Much better than the past three times. Week 2 here I come. :D
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I started this week!! Feel free to add me to motivate each other! :D
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I started Week 4 off beautifully, but it was quite a challenge. I loved it! :happy:
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Just finished w1 last week. As I am still very much at the beginning of my journey, I think I will be here for at least another week or 2. I don't want to push too hard with all of this weight on my joints. I look forward to running all of the segments (have missed 1 in the last 2 running days). Gotta start somewhere!
  • phawley13
    Options
    Tomorrow I am going to try and start week 4, though if it too tough I am going to do another week 3, I was never a good runner so making it this far and not repeating is huge for me, I hope i can continue that way
  • wvualum
    Options
    W4D1 done! Can't believe I did it. I did pause for 2 minutes, to get some strength back in my legs between runs, but I did all the jogging. I was surprised I could do it! How is everyone else doing?
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Starting week 2. :)
  • crummywatertowr
    crummywatertowr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are doing week 5 day 2. I figured if we can past week 5 we can finsih this.
  • wvualum
    Options
    My wife and I are doing week 5 day 2. I figured if we can past week 5 we can finsih this.

how bad is week 5?

I'm not as afraid of it right now, because I go into each week thinking its going to be terrible then surprising myself when I can do it.