Replies

• sparklyfairydreams
    Options
    i'm starting this tomorrow morning...am scared to say the least haha! x
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    i'm starting this tomorrow morning...am scared to say the least haha! x

You can do it, trust me. I still have a lot to lose. I am on week 4 tomorrow is day 2. I really didn't think when I started that I could run 60 seconds, and now I can run for 5 minutes. I feel like I can do it now, feel free to add me for support.
  • crummywatertowr
    crummywatertowr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are doing week 5 day 2. I figured if we can past week 5 we can finsih this.

how bad is week 5?

I'm not as afraid of it right now, because I go into each week thinking its going to be terrible then surprising myself when I can do it.

Day one wasn't that bad but we did do it twice. The mental part is the hard part about going up to eight in day 2 and then doing the full 20 on day 3. I think we can do it; my wife is more cautiously optimistic.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    W4D2...still rocked it!! :love: :bigsmile:
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    Did W7 D1 today. 25 min was hard. I really need to buy a pair of running shoes.
  • wvualum
    Options
    W4D2...still rocked it!! :love: :bigsmile:

Way to go!!

I did pretty well too, my foot really hurt today for some reason, think I might have had my shoes tighter than normal (I'm missing part of my heel bone in my left foot.). So I did good considering.
  • wvualum
    Options

Day one wasn't that bad but we did do it twice. The mental part is the hard part about going up to eight in day 2 and then doing the full 20 on day 3. I think we can do it; my wife is more cautiously optimistic.

make sure you let us know how day 3 goes. scary!! :noway:
  • phawley13
    phawley13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I missed out on doing week4 this week because of injury, I am going to try w4d1 as soon as I can but I might have to redo at least a day of week 3 to get me back going.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    On my second week! Going strong!
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 4 and am looking at the workouts for Week 5.
    This is the first week that the workouts are not the same for the entire week.
    I feel like Workout 1 & 2 are going to be rough, but that I can complete them.
    Workout 3 (20 minute run, no walk), I might not be able to complete.

My question is, If I can't complete it, do I start Week 5 over at Workout 1 or keep trying Workout 3?
    Week 6 Workout 1 is back to interval runs, and not a solid run.

Thanks!
  • wvualum
    Options

My question is, If I can't complete it, do I start Week 5 over at Workout 1 or keep trying Workout 3?

Thanks!

You are ahead of me, I will be doing day 3 next friday. make sure you keep us posted.

And just go for it. Go as far as you can I think you can do it.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Headed out to do W4D3 in a bit..

Week 5 starts Monday, and looks scary..especially the last 2. I'm a strong runner, refuses to give up and fights through things, tends to push hard..so I know I can do it! :bigsmile:
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    I did W7 D3 this morning, I felt a lot better than I did Tues and Thurs this week.
  • crummywatertowr
    crummywatertowr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just did w5d3! It felt great. Roughest part was not having any device to tell me when to stop...just had my wife yell at me. We both are shocked that we did it.
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options

Thanks!

My weeks 5 & 6 are the only weeks that aren't the exact same for all three workouts. i didn't think I would be able to make it thru 20 min either but I did. I just went slow and had good music playing. Just keep telling yourself that YOU CAN DO IT and this is what you have been training for. Good Luck!
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    Headed out to do W4D3 in a bit..

Week 5 starts Monday, and looks scary..especially the last 2. I'm a strong runner, refuses to give up and fights through things, tends to push hard..so I know I can do it! :bigsmile:

Love the positive attitude!
  • liza001
    liza001 Posts: 77
    Options
    Haha I did this in February and graduated on Easter Saturday... We all felt that WEEK 5 is the most intimidating! But once you work through the mental side of it you are fine... I could barely run 1 minute in week one now I run 6klm regularly

Keep at it , you won't be sorry:drinker:
  • Alexface21
    Options
    Just about to do W2 D3, hoping it feels good, because that'll mean W3 next week! :D
  • Alexface21
    Options
    Wow, W3D1 hurt! xD Not used to three minutes straight. Expecting it'll go better in the next few days...
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    Wow, W3D1 hurt! xD Not used to three minutes straight. Expecting it'll go better in the next few days...

Alex, It does get better!!! I didn't think it was going to but it does. Before long you'll be amazed my how long you can run/jog for. Btw, was it you that was having neck pain? I noticed during my run today my shoulders near my neck were getting really sore. I'm not sure if my shoulders have a tendency to come up while I'm jogging but it's definitely got something to do with the way I swing my arms while I'm jogging. So I'm gonna have to figure that out. Anyway I thought maybe that was what you were experiencing as well.