Sharing my recipe for egg "muffins".. yummy!

Options
13»

Replies

• lilreney719
    Options
    WOW!! Yummm.... Sounds fabulous. I can't wait to make them. I'm curious though. If the recipe makes approx 12 muffins, how long will they keep in the fridge? Do you freeze them, then take them out in the morning and put them in the microwave. I'd be fearful of them spoiling if left in the fridge for too long! Any suggestions?? :flowerforyou:
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    bump
  • liz4214
    liz4214 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    bump
  • perpetuallyfit
    perpetuallyfit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • greengirl1978
    greengirl1978 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump! :)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Yummm.... Sounds fabulous. I can't wait to make them. I'm curious though. If the recipe makes approx 12 muffins, how long will they keep in the fridge? Do you freeze them, then take them out in the morning and put them in the microwave. I'd be fearful of them spoiling if left in the fridge for too long! Any suggestions?? :flowerforyou:

I always put them into individual servings and put them in the freezer. I take them out the night before and put them in the fridge. Sometimes if I forget, I'll just nuke the frozen but it tastes better if they are thawed then cooked. I won't leave then in the fridge for more than 2-3 days (not that they last that long anyway...the make a great protien snack that is low cal)
  • lilreney719
    Options

I always put them into individual servings and put them in the freezer. I take them out the night before and put them in the fridge. Sometimes if I forget, I'll just nuke the frozen but it tastes better if they are thawed then cooked. I won't leave then in the fridge for more than 2-3 days (not that they last that long anyway...the make a great protien snack that is low cal)

Awesome!! Thank you!!
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This sounds good and portable too!
  • schmoozie26
    schmoozie26 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    BUMP! :)
  • JeanniebeanL79
    JeanniebeanL79 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    yummy! thanks for sharing!
  • TuddyRobins
    Options
    RMinVA- i have to ask, is your cat a Nebelung? :)
  • karenCalandro
    Options
    THANKS, Can't wait to try these
  • swellen
    swellen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Do they taste any good cold? I don't have a microwave and I wouldn't put the oven on for one small item like that. They sound very good though. :)
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options

Hey! Sorry I haven't come back :o) Just like above; I also freeze them in individual servings and keep a couple of days worth in the fridge.

Since my original post I exerimented with taking out the milk and using more white than yolks and the consistency is amazingly the same and with the extra yolks there's more protein. My routine for them is still basically the same- I use 6 whole eggs, and either 10 egg whites or an egg beater carton and measure out 10 eggs worth. I use 12 slices of lunch meat and 2 cups of veggies with a cup of low fat cheese. This way it makes more like 18 egg muffins that are like 75 cals and 8g protein each. impressive! I have two every morning for breakfast now and have a bagel thin with it (I have to have carbs in the morning) Glad so many like my variation of this popular recipe!
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Do they taste any good cold? I don't have a microwave and I wouldn't put the oven on for one small item like that. They sound very good though. :)

hmm... never had them cold! I imagine that'd be a personal tast thing- I'm sure they'd be fine cold.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'm trying this tomorrow!!
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump