Is your diary public or private? Why?

Options

Replies

• Tuffjourney
    Options
    I think mine is open to public. I know it is to MPF friends. I have had a few make some comments, but I know they meant well and I will take all the help I can. So thanks to my MPF friends.:smile:
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    public, gives me more accountability. I love looking at others and I feel like I should repay the favor. I have never gotten and messages about it though.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    :tongue:
    I have mine open, I don't care if anyone see's it. I also feel it keeps me accountable and honest to myself.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Public. I thought if I am embarrassed to show people what i eat, maybe it'll keep me from eating it. But it pretty much doesn't. :(
  • prettyash76
    Options
    Private, but if I wanted advice I would make it public.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Public: because i need people to keep me in check, I have nothing to hide, and I'm not ashamed of my deep love for alcohol and ice cream just occassionally disappointed by it.
  • ClascyParra
    Options
    I made mine public so it keeps me accountable. If I have a bad eating day or I slip up I dont want to hide it....thats what the closet eater in me would have done....
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I dont understand why the people that keep it private feel like hearing advice from other people is such a bad thing....the people you add become your friends there not strangers.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Mine is completely public, no reason for it to be private!
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to all my friends, then they can make comments if they like, either positive or negative. x It all helps and keeps me focussed.

I like that answer. :happy:
  • rebecca9341
    rebecca9341 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Mine is private. I don't need others to read my log in order for me to be accountable and mindful of what I eat.
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends as well. It helps knowing other people are going to see what you're eating. I like reading people's diaries to get ideas of other healthy foods too.
  • smallerthighs
    Options
    Public....because knowing others may be watching my food behavior..has actually kept me on track. And if I'm losing and losing and losing..then suddenly start gaining..they can look back and get an accurate picture of why and how things went south....or north..lol
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    Also, I noticed nine times out of ten, people don't read your diary and just start dishing nutritional advice unless it's asked for.

So, I was just curious why people make theirs private from friends. Supplements? IDK LOL
    yeah i understand that, and i guess its because ive always been a really private person, so i guess me making my diary private just kinda runs along with my personality as well as the post i put before about not wanting unwanted advice.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    private. because i dont want/need anybody's input on what im eating. when i need help ill ask for it and open it to the public :wink:
    Ditto. I'm progressing ok so far: I'm sticking to my calorie limits pretty much and my MFP friends are great at encouraging me to be active. If I plateau and decide to ask for help I'll open it up then.
  • tigersmoondiva
    tigersmoondiva Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Mine is private - mainly because I was on anther site once upon a time - and defended a friend with a "less than popular diet" on that site. (HCG - before HCG went mainstream.) The people there - ripped the person that was doing the diet - then ran around to all the friends of that person - and posted large parts of their food diaries and blogs in message boards.

So - I got the "honor" of having my diet judged by a bunch of people I did not know and whom were already biased against me simply because I chose to be loyal to my friend - (who is still my friend - but no longer uses social diet sites at ALL.)

... oh - and she is at her goal weight. I am SO JEALOUS!:)
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Mine's public. But I have an odd diet right now that I'm doing which means I'm often very low on carbs and over on fat and protein and fiber...And it annoys the crap out of me when people tell me "advice" to be lower on fat or whatever. Beetch if you're that concerned message me don't write it on my wall for all my friends to draw attention to!
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    Public. Nothing to hide. :D
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Mine is now open to friends. But I have had it closed for the most part. Mine is closed, because I don't think I'm such a great role model in dieting, since I don't use diet food except for skim milk. I mean, I eat candy and still have a sixpack, most would never eat such "forbidden" things trying to get cut. Plus, I normally don't eat my exercise cals back, which goes against anyones advice. So by keeping it among friends, I don't wreck anyones sicere diet on here, hehe.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Mine was private for over a year, but I wasn't getting too far that way so about a month ago I made it completely public. I am far from perfect but knowing it's out there for anyone to look at does make me think about whether I am really trying as hard as I sometimes tell myself I am (I am totally busting *kitten*, except for that Slurpee. Oh, yeah, and the three glasses of wine. And the 2 handfuls of chocolate chips.) No one has yet commented on what I eat, which is smart of them. I am absolutely NOT looking for advice, remonstration, or approval/disapproval--even making it public is still just a tool for myself.