Daily Ramblings (NO drama, PLEASE!)

Options
So I thought I'd start a thread for those of us who would like to just ramble about the daily ins, outs, ups and downs of everyday life. It doesn't necessarily have to be about weight loss, of course you can discuss your progress if you like. You can talk about anything.

I would like for this to be a clean, PEACEFUL thread where everyone is kind and respects each other. I just want everybody to feel comfortable here. We're all adults here so let's act like it.

So what are ya waitin' for? Come on and join in!

:smooched:

Replies

• LovelyLady1977
    Options
    So I thought I'd start a thread for those of us who would like to just ramble about the daily ins, outs, ups and downs of everyday life. It doesn't necessarily have to be about weight loss, of course you can discuss your progress if you like. You can talk about anything.

I would like for this to be a clean, PEACEFUL thread where everyone is kind and respects each other. I just want everybody to feel comfortable here. We're all adults here so let's act like it.

So what are ya waitin' for? Come on and join in!

:smooched:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Every wonder if people who lose weight because they dont eat after 8pm lose the weight because they have just eliminated 150-400 calories out their day?
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm on a mission, deep cleaning my house before Thanksgiving and the whole fam arrives. I can't believe I let it get so bad, with 5 kids though how can I stay on top of it. I just finished cleaning the kitchen this morning, I started last week from the top and made it to the bottom, and I feel great accomplishing that feat, now when I'm in there cooking it feels clean :smile:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    I love my Job!! :grumble: :bigsmile:

(that was sarcastic):tongue:

That is all...carry on :flowerforyou:
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    My co-workers are in love with my cooking. I make them Pumpkin bread almost 3 times a week and today I brought them spinach eggrolls...yeah they are fried but seriously they are the BOMB....I went home at lunch and made them... I am truly blessed to have to have such a great job with wonderful co-workers.
    :love:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I'm on a mission, deep cleaning my house before Thanksgiving and the whole fam arrives. I can't believe I let it get so bad, with 5 kids though how can I stay on top of it. I just finished cleaning the kitchen this morning, I started last week from the top and made it to the bottom, and I feel great accomplishing that feat, now when I'm in there cooking it feels clean :smile:

I hear you! I work out of the home full time, so my house doesn't get nearly as much attention (cleaning) as it should, lol. A few months ago I took time off work and did a DEEP clean - anything that had not been used in a year - gone. Broken? Gone. Clutter? Gone. I'm serious - we had 20 bags of garbage/donations. Afterwards it was such an awesome feeling to open a drawer and see all my clean spoons lined up, or to find an actual pair of scissors (I found 6 all over the house) in the drawer where it belongs. I would get up in the middle of the night and just open drawers and closets to relish the clean, organized space :laugh:
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    Every wonder if people who lose weight because they dont eat after 8pm lose the weight because they have just eliminated 150-400 calories out their day?

That's exactly what I think.
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    My hubby just got another 3 weeks off from work because of the surgery on his ankle. Here's to another 3 weeks of him doing nothing but sitting on the couch playing the Xbox 360 ALL day and ALL night. :grumble: :grumble:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    My hubby just got another 3 weeks off from work because of the surgery on his ankle. Here's to another 3 weeks of him doing nothing but sitting on the couch playing the Xbox 360 ALL day and ALL night. :grumble: :grumble:

That was my husband two years ago when he bought the Wii ("for the kids") and he was on it 24/7. He (with a lot of "encouragement" from me :laugh: ) had to sell it - no video games in our house!
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I am soooo ready for my vacation next week!! I took off from Tues-Fri so that I can clean and cook Thanksgiving dinner for our extended family. I am going to have about 14 people in my house! Give me strength to make it thru that day! LOL......family--you can't live with 'em and can't live without 'em!
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Why do I have to ask my husband to do chores around the house? When I walk around my house, several things "scream" at me that they need to be done (clothes in the dryer, dirty dishes, toys on the floor,smudged windows).

Why do I have to get up so early to exercise, get ready for the day, etc. when he can roll out of bed and not worry about getting the kids up/fed/dressed? Then, when I want to go to bed early, he looks at me like I'm an old granny.....

Okay, feel better.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Why do I have to ask my husband to do chores around the house? When I walk around my house, several things "scream" at me that they need to be done (clothes in the dryer, dirty dishes, toys on the floor,smudged windows).

Why do I have to get up so early to exercise, get ready for the day, etc. when he can roll out of bed and not worry about getting the kids up/fed/dressed? Then, when I want to go to bed early, he looks at me like I'm an old granny.....

Okay, feel better.

I totally hear this, mine often just leaves wrappers and things sitting around. it's like, geez, don't you know where the garbage is? He ONLY does chores if I explicitly ask.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I am having 20 people over for Thanksgiving so I am in "spring" cleaning mode...

I need my peeps (hubby and kids) to step up - I guess I'll beg and bribe that usually works....or threaten....:wink:
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Male roommates are even worse! Overflowing garbage, dishes all over, and I am the ONLY person who ever cleans the bathroom or kitchen!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options

Okay, feel better.

Oh my! I can so relate! Or I will ask him if he can vacuum or just unload and reload the dishwasher.... yeah right!! Its really frustrating at times!!
  • Crystalpotamus
    Options
    I am soo exhausted. I joined the gym on Saturday and the only time I have to work out is 5:00 AM!!!! I haven't been up that early in a year, and that was to nurse my newborn!
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options

Okay, feel better.

I totally hear this, mine often just leaves wrappers and things sitting around. it's like, geez, don't you know where the garbage is? He ONLY does chores if I explicitly ask.

What's even worse is when they leave wrappers and things right next to the garbage can or empty dishes on the counter right next to the sink. Can't they spare the extra half movement to put the stuff where it belongs??? Gee whiz!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My dog looked so cute laying on my bed that I left her there.

She puked. :frown:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options

Just finished that today! Oh, and I don't have family coming in this year..my aunt volunteered to do thanksgiving this year :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO :laugh:

And I think people who quit eating by 8 must be in bed by 10, the whole idea is not to eat within 2 hours of your bedtime and I can tell you that I don't eat past about 7:30 and my hiney sure isn't getting any smaller because of it :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Feeling like poo.
    Hoping it's a migraine (forgot my meds today) and not the flu.:grumble: