how to get the courage to go running? :(

Options
13»

Replies

• ocnldy
    ocnldy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everyone posting. I enjoy running but get burned out easily. I am excited to try the C25K myself, will start day on wednesday morning
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    Options
    I did couch to 5k last year and it worked like a charm! Once I'm through my surgery recovery, I plan to use it again.

I also second going out early in the morning - most neighborhoods it's a ghost town and if you do see someone, they are likely to smile at you, knowing you're doing something good for yourself!
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Do C25K! You can download the app on a smartphone. It times you and counts down to when you should walk or jog. It starts out slow and works up to running. You mostly walk and jog and can speed up to running when you are ready. You can do it! I have not even jogged in the past 15 years (and NEVER have been a runner at all!) and I think the program is fabulous! I wirkout on a treadmill so that I can see how fast I am walking and jogging and can "sweat in private". Lots of great success stories with Couch to 5K and I plan on being one of them! Best wishes to you!