3kg loss in August! we all did so well in July!!

Options

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Here are my current measurements... Never done this before!

bust - 35 in
    hips - 43 in
    waist - 31.5 in
    thighs - 23 in round each
    arms - 12 in each
  • breezad
    breezad Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Here are my current measurements... Never done this before!

bust - 35 in
    hips - 43 in
    waist - 31.5 in
    thighs - 23 in round each
    arms - 12 in each

we are very simlar, i had to conver them to cms ahha but looks simlar :)
    hips:105cm
    bust: 94cm
    waist: 92cm
    thighs: 62cm
    arms: 30cm
  • kierra28
    kierra28 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Can I join in? I am new here...started MFP last Thursday. Right now I am trying to make it second nature to be conscious about my diet and condition my body into exercising. I am trying Zumba for now, doing step by step (beginner level). Did 60 mins today and it has me burned out totally so you know how bad my fitness is!!

Current weight :74 kg
    End of August :71 kg
    Final goal :54 kg

of course you can join hun!!!! more the merrier!!! :)
    checkback often and vent here as mich as you want or ask questions, tips hints watever!!!

zumba is great start to exercise, its fun yet keeps you moving! :)
    keep with it and you will see an improvemnt in fitness. dont forget rest days and watch your diet. :)

Thank you for the welcome :) I endured 5 minutes of Zumba Activate today...yey to that..my endurance seems to be improving already after 2 days of Zumba beginners. I think I will be able to stick with Zumba and notch up the levels as I go because I used to dance a lot as a teenager (when I was 120 lbs or so). I had some good moves in me and got complimented for it. But now I can hardly replicate them. There is no waist for those beautiful movements. Just a big chunk of fat that just jiggles in unflattering ways. It so kills me to see myself fumbling around with basic dance moves. More than anything I want my moves back...so that will keep me going!!! :D

here's an update with measurements

bust - 100.3 cm
    hips - 110.45 cm
    waist - 99.06 cm
    thighs - 66.4 cm
    arms - 31.75 cm

Starting weight- 74.5 kg
    Current Weight- 73.5 kg
    August end Weight: 71 kg
    Goal Weight- 54 kg
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome :) I endured 5 minutes of Zumba Activate today...yey to that..my endurance seems to be improving already after 2 days of Zumba beginners. I think I will be able to stick with Zumba and notch up the levels as I go because I used to dance a lot as a teenager (when I was 120 lbs or so). I had some good moves in me and got complimented for it. But now I can hardly replicate them. There is no waist for those beautiful movements. Just a big chunk of fat that just jiggles in unflattering ways. It so kills me to see myself fumbling around with basic dance moves. More than anything I want my moves back...so that will keep me going!!! :D

here's an update with measurements

bust - 100.3 cm
    hips - 110.45 cm
    waist - 99.06 cm
    thighs - 66.4 cm
    arms - 31.75 cm

Starting weight- 74.5 kg
    Current Weight- 73.5 kg
    August end Weight: 71 kg
    Goal Weight- 54 kg

Hey kierra28!

Don't worry, in no time you will "have" your moves back! Good luck! YOU can do it!
  • Seajolly
    Options
    we are very simlar, i had to conver them to cms ahha but looks simlar :)
    hips:105cm
    bust: 94cm
    waist: 92cm
    thighs: 62cm
    arms: 30cm

We are very similar! Except for my hips. :laugh: I have a booty!
    481471 Posts: 95
    Options
    hips:86.5cm
    bust: 79cm
    waist: 62cm
    thighs: 54cm
    arms: 26cm

OK, so above are my stats in cm...
    oh gosh whats the betting that nothing will get smaller except my bust lol!
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Measurements are a good idea. The scale doesn't seem to be budging for me either! I took my measurements when i first joined this site but havn't taken them again other than now.

Hips: 95cm
    Bust: how did i forget to measure my bust??
    Waist: 68cm
    Thighs: 56cm
  • Seajolly
    Options
    Hey everybody, just checking in! How has this week been for all of you? :smile:

So far, so good for me. I joined a new gym this week and I LOVE it! I've been doing a lot of workout classes such as TRX, Zumba, yoga, a bootcamp class, and today I'm doing a kickboxing class called Turbo Kick! I can't wait for it. I love having these classes to look forward to because there's never an excuse to get lazy when I'm in the class setting. Haha!
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    I'm afraid of scales tomorrow. I feel I've eaten okay. Had a couple of "off" days but I've worked out pretty much every day (something I never have done before) but last week I gained and that's never cool. Scales are evil.
  • breezad
    Options
    I'm afraid of scales tomorrow. I feel I've eaten okay. Had a couple of "off" days but I've worked out pretty much every day (something I never have done before) but last week I gained and that's never cool. Scales are evil.

goodluck with weigh in hun!!!
    afew off days...???
    we really need to stick with this! i know its hard trust me i had a bad weekend, but lets all make a pack this week we dont have 'off' days only on days!!!!
    1 week of really being strict with ourselves! not thinking about food as exciting or yumm, only thinking about it at fuel!!!

wat food is going to fuel us for workouts and energy???
    lets really gets this drummed into our heads this week and have a great on week with no little this or that, the little this and that is wat will be the difference, even if you think it cant hurt, it is!!!!

focus on why we are all here!!!!! WEIGHT LOSS! so lets loose it already!!!

xx
  • freeloaves
    Options
    Well my 'off' days was a girls night out and no way could I bail on that. And the other was celebrating with the bf. Wasn't too bad, but did have woodfire flat bread and dips. Luckily he ate the pizza we couldn't over the next couple of days.

Weigh in wasn't good. People are saying it's muscle and water cos I've never ever exercised this much before. Still feel pretty stink. Haven't measured cos I know there will be no-little difference there.
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Ok so I'm going to try eat more starting tomorrow. I've gain nearly 1kg this week even though i've been exercising alot and eating below my calorie goal. I go to the gym over dinner time so usually am not very hungry after and don't eat much but then the next day i'm so hungry. Fingers crossed it works
  • breezad
    Options
    Ok so I'm going to try eat more starting tomorrow. I've gain nearly 1kg this week even though i've been exercising alot and eating below my calorie goal. I go to the gym over dinner time so usually am not very hungry after and don't eat much but then the next day i'm so hungry. Fingers crossed it works

definately!!!
    if i have any adive to any of you who are excercising alot and trying to stick to 1200cals. its EAT MORE!!!!!

find a calorie calculator... there are some on thr web! i did and for a desk job 8 hours a day, with my height of 174cm and weight of 76kg i am meant to be eating for 'weightloss' phase a minimum of 1432cals!!!!!! then ontop if i am exericsing then i should be eating 50% if not all of those calroes back!!!!

so PLEEEEEASE i beg you all, whoever told you ladies for weight loss should stick to 1200cals i would like to know cause its wrong! it isnt one size fits all ladies! please try something new this week and if you exercising alot then try eat more.. and if you cant then eat nuts they dont fill you up but are high in good fats and cals!!!
  • freeloaves
    Options
    I honestly don't know how anyone can be on 1200 cals. I would die of starvation ;)

Wow so I just looked on a cal counter site (I just used the MFP one when I started and I am on too little cals! no wonder I'm always hungry! lol
  • Seajolly
    Options
    Before joining MFP I ate under 1200 all the time. Now it'd be SOO hard for me to eat only 1200. What I love about MFP is that you can work your butt off in the gym and then get more calories to eat! :drinker: I love my food now. :laugh:
    Options
    ok, so dont use
    http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html#

cos apparently
    you need 492 Calories/day to lose 2 lb per week

:-S
  • freeloaves
    Options
    ok, so dont use

cos apparently

:| I checked it, seemed okay for me. Bug?
  • Seajolly
    Options
    Just wanted to update you all. I've increased my calories. I was typically netting around 1200. I don't think it was enough for me, because my weight loss has stalled somewhat. So I increased my calories to 1500-1550 per day. Hopefully that'll get me losing again. I'm exactly 1/2 way to my weight goal! And I know this 1/2 will be harder than the first 1/2.
    Options
    ok, so dont use

cos apparently

I dunno? i tried it again and same lol! Ack i wonder what im doing wrong haha!!
    even if it was deemed healthy, there is no way in this world i could cope with 492 calories lol! hahaha!

:| I checked it, seemed okay for me. Bug?
  • breezad
    Options
    Just wanted to update you all. I've increased my calories. I was typically netting around 1200. I don't think it was enough for me, because my weight loss has stalled somewhat. So I increased my calories to 1500-1550 per day. Hopefully that'll get me losing again. I'm exactly 1/2 way to my weight goal! And I know this 1/2 will be harder than the first 1/2.

yaaaaaay great choice!
    and soooooo excited half way is fantastic!!!!! good on you gorgeous always a relaible MFP friend!
    thank you for keeping on going and always logging and doing a fantastic job! sooo rpoud of you!