Can a woman be too fit to be beautiful?

Options

Replies

• Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Self Confidence makes a person beautiful, in my opinion. And there is Beauty in everyone. I agree with you I think that the women you mentioned are beautiful. They really need to find something REAL to talk about.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Our news is utter fluff and (in my opinion) sexiest and degrading to women in general.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. And, is thus subjective.

For me, as a male, I find beauty in many women of all sizes & shapes. As an example, I think that Queen Letifa (not certain about the spelling for her name?) is beautiful. Just like someone like Jessica Alba is beautiful.

That being said, I am not as attracted to very skinny women as I am to those who have some degree of curves. For instance, Kelly Rippa & Madona are not as attractive to me as Halle Berry.

Fitness however is a completely different topic. As strong, fit and confident woman is always beautiful and sexy!

Hope that I did not take this in to a too chauvinistic direction!
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen Madonna or Kelly lately, but a recent pic of Cameron, and it was not flattering at all, I don't think. She looked like a scrawny boy! That's just my opinion though. You know what they say about opinions! :laugh:
  • mikihainesy
    Options
    In my female opinion fit women are more beautiful. Some men with low self esteem m ay feel threatened by such powerful looking women but women rock in all shapes and sizes
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Self Confidence makes a person beautiful, in my opinion. And there is Beauty in everyone. I agree with you I think that the women you mentioned are beautiful. They really need to find something REAL to talk about.

Preach!

Nothing is sexier than confidence and someone who loves the skin they're in.
  • sutekh
    sutekh Posts: 19
    Options

Fitness however is a completely different topic. As strong, fit and confident woman is always beautiful and sexy!

True that, actually...
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I think the women mentioned are beautiful, however insanely bulked up women don't do it for me. But saying that, I don't particularly like really bulky guys either. I like toned with a little muscle best. I think sometimes if a woman really really bulks up she can lose her femininity, as women naturally do find it harder to build muscle than men, so massive female body builders do look a wee bit unnatural. (Again though, massive male body builders look a bit unnatural too!)

I think it's down to personal taste, I'm not saying muscley women aren't beautiful, I'm just saying they don't do it for me...
    But if body building is what makes a girl happy, I say go for it! Physical beauty is only one part of it, happiness and pride in yourself are the main parts of being beautiful, so if it makes a woman happier to build muscle than to be toned or curvy, she'll have a more attractive personality and therefore is more beautiful overall.
    If you know what I mean.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    When it comes to media you can never win,one minute they go on and on about how fat someone is,the next day its all about how thin people are.Now its about how fit they are. I pay no attention to that nonsense. I will not let anyone else dictate how I should look OR feel about myself.
  • BlueAventer
    Options
    I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What one person finds pretty, sexy, or beautiful, another may not like at all.
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options

Yea I couldn't believe this was even a discussion on THE NEWS. This is why I rarely watch the news LOL.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I don't see Kelly Ripa as "fit." I see her as too thin. But the others, yes, I think they're beautiful. I think that there comes a point of fitness when some men won't find that woman attractive, but men have varying tastes. Some men like their women buff, some like them bigger, some like super-skinny, some like a little junk in the trunk. Beauty is subjective. But in my opinion, fit and strong is beautiful.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    It's just a subtle way for the media to make all the fat Americans feel better about themselves and think it's okay to be lazy and gluttonous.
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I think it's just a matter of preference and a lot of people don't seem to find that kind of muscle definition attractive on women. You can be very fit without those kind of muscles so it's just a matter of what kind of build someone finds attractive. I think "too fit to be beautiful" was a stupid way for the media to put that...they pick people apart if they're overweight, they pick people apart if they're underweight and now if they're too muscular? Ugh, women just can't win.

So true, there's always going to be something to pick at that's why a lot of us have "issues" now lol. I definitely agree with a lot of the other posts that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To each his own.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    theyre all beautiful, but the bulked up muscles arent really my ideal. Its up to them though. You cant please everyone
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    When it comes to media you can never win,one minute they go on and on about how fat someone is,the next day its all about how thin people are.Now its about how fit they are. I pay no attention to that nonsense. I will not let anyone else dictate how I should look OR feel about myself.

Word!!!

It's as if there's a 10 pound range that's "acceptable" for women, and anything under that is too skinny, and anything over is too fat. Ridiculous. One of the Olson twins is emaciated, and the other is fat. Not sure which is which. :grumble:
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    It's just a subtle way for the media to make all the fat Americans feel better about themselves and think it's okay to be lazy and gluttonous.

Not all people who are fat are lazy and gluttonous and people should not presume they are.
  • ajbeans
    Options

I see it more as a way that we can knock women down and make them feel bad about themselves. Too fat? You're ugly. Too skinny? You're ugly. Too fit? You're ugly. Women aren't allowed to be seen as beautiful on their own merits unless they somehow fit into this mold of "perfect" that is extremely narrow and ever-shifting.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    This is bull.

I love fit chicks. I like to see some muscle on a woman, partularly in the right places.

Abs on chicks are hot.

Most of the hate you hear about super fit chicks is from hating women. A lot of women absolutely hate other women that they know look better than them.
  • ajbeans
    Options

Most of the hate you hear about super fit chicks is from hating women. A lot of women absolutely hate other women that they know look better than them.

This is so true. And I also think that some women are afraid to be buff because they fear that men won't like them. They see muscles as "masculine" instead of realizing that being strong and muscular is a benchmark of good health for women as well as men. So I think that many women secretly envy that muscular woman, but they're afraid to work toward that goal because they think men would be intimidated.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    My amature opinion is that whatever "news" you were listening to is stupid.