Can a woman be too fit to be beautiful?

Options

Replies

• flyingintheskyiamfly
    Options
    Lara. Friggin. Croft.

:D

And no, I'm not referring to Angelina Jolie.
    Google 'Alison Carrol' (: She's the newest Lara Croft model for the TR games (:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    To say that someone is too fit to be beautiful is like saying someone is too white, too black, too skinny, too fat, too tall, too short. Everyone can be beautiful in their own way, and there will always be someone that can see the beauty that is in that person.
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I think women can be too fit to be attractive...There's something about a degree of "softness" to a woman that is much more sexy than "ripped"....Just my opinion....Madonna---too fit---The rest of those women are fine though....
  • atla_moves
    Options
    cameron_diaz_swimsuit.jpg

Fit. Happy. Beautiful.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options

It's as if there's a 10 pound range that's "acceptable" for women, and anything under that is too skinny, and anything over is too fat. Ridiculous. One of the Olson twins is emaciated, and the other is fat. Not sure which is which. :grumble:

One of them is fat????? They both look like solid food hasn't entered their body since they were babies. They are both soooo tiny.
  • atla_moves
    Options
    serena-williams-miami-beach-bikini-01.jpg

Fit. Happy. Beautiful.
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    This----Not beautiful to me :(

http://www.judiciaryreport.com/images/madonna-muscles-getty.jpg

Those other women are far from being this fit.....they are fit, but still "soft" and womanly.....
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Those other women are far from being this fit.....they are fit, but still "soft" and womanly.....

WHAT?!?! She just needs some sun, and she would be gorgeous!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Beauty is relative to preference. In many Polynesian countries, larger, plump women are the more attractive ones, and preferred. Many women will purposely eat to get plumper, because that's the standard of beauty.

Our standards of beauty aren't absolute, they're very much mercurial, and open to different definitions and interpretations. Therefore, no one woman or body type that can definitely be labeled as the accepted standard for "beautiful". Women who are more muscular and fit? They're still beautiful. Their bodies fit their function, and they have the discipline to work hard to attain that function. That right there is beautiful. Maybe not conventional and lining up with the standards set by the masses in our culture, but still beautiful.

So no, a woman cannot be too fit to be beautiful.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options

to be fair, shes in her 50s. She cant really win. If i look that good when im in my 50s ill be a very happy bunny
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'd rather look like Helen Mirren in her 60s than Madonna in her 50s.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1035510/Helen-Mirren-bikini-queen-reigns-supreme-63.html
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Oh ya, because absolutely no one finds those 3 women attractive...

....wtf? How is this even a story on the news? Our media never fails to fail.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options

to be fair, shes in her 50s. She cant really win. If i look that good when im in my 50s ill be a very happy bunny

I agree. The problem is as you get older your skin gets thinner and you get all veiny and women who get lean in later ages tend to look this way. I think she still looks good for her age.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    This was on GMA, right? I read a tweet from Robin Roberts earlier about the story coming up and shook my head.

I appreciate how many people agree that Serena is beautiful. I too think all of the mentioned women are beautiful. I think Cameron looks AWESOME too! Yowzers! But back to Serena, I often read comments from women on her body, calling her a transvestite, a horse, etc. It's sad really that we as women can't appreciate all healthy body types.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Everyone has thier own tastes, and not everyone finds the same body type attractive. It's really not a big deal.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1035510/Helen-Mirren-bikini-queen-reigns-supreme-63.html

they all look good for their age, some people age well and some people dont, but she was a pin up in her prime. You cant expect to look amazing forever, even if some people DO age better than others. Madonna looks fit and healthy and reasonably good for her age, shes also minted, so i dont think id be too disappointed if i were her.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

they all look good for their age, some people age well and some people dont, but she was a pin up in her prime. You cant expect to look amazing forever, even if some people DO age better than others. Madonna looks fit and healthy and reasonably good for her age, shes also minted, so i dont think id be too disappointed if i were her.

Not only that, but Madonna lived a little harder in her youth than Dame Mirren. I think she's aged pretty well considering what she put her body through in her younger years.
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    This was on GMA, right? I read a tweet from Robin Roberts earlier about the story coming up and shook my head.

I appreciate how many people agree that Serena is beautiful. I too think all of the mentioned women are beautiful. I think Cameron looks AWESOME too! Yowzers! But back to Serena, I often read comments from women on her body, calling her a transvestite, a horse, etc. It's sad really that we as women can't appreciate all healthy body types.

Yea it was GMA which I don't consider news anyway lol. But I turned on the TV and it was already on ABC and when I heard it I shook my head too and wanted to get thoughts on it from my MFP peepz. Nothing wrong with a healthy debate right.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Self Confidence makes a person beautiful, in my opinion. And there is Beauty in everyone. I agree with you I think that the women you mentioned are beautiful. They really need to find something REAL to talk about.

Absolute agree!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Just the assumption that a woman can be too fit to be beautiful is beyond ridiculous.

Ditto. I realize everyone has individual tastes, but to imply that women who are "too" fit aren't beautiful is insulting to women who work hard to look good and be fit/strong and not bow down to the emaciated fake beauty standard that is promoted by popular media.