Workout, eat right, still can't lose weight...

Options
13»

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    To the OP.

Do you weigh and measure your food, everything you put into your mouth??

I would start doing that if not......
    Then see where you are calorie wise at the end of the day.....

How many calories do you need daily?
    How many are you actually eating??

answer those questions
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    If you are truly doing everything right and not losing, you need to see a doctor. It is possible to have hormone imbalances that can prevent weight loss or even cause weight gain.
  • Rose6300
    Rose6300 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    ThreadNecro.gif

True
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Didn't even look at the original post day of the first one.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

OP still has the account, but it doesn't look like she's been active in quite some time. I have to wonder if she took some of that awful advice in 2011 and gave up. :frown:
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

OP still has the account, but it doesn't look like she's been active in quite some time. I have to wonder if she took some of that awful advice in 2011 and gave up. :frown:

I would have!

I sometimes am just amazed...

Sad part is...the same bad advice is still being handed out.
  • briarrose56
    Options
    Please someone check out my diary tell me what I'm doing wrong!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Please someone check out my diary tell me what I'm doing wrong!

You only have about 3 days of consistent logs there. So, the first indication is that you probably don't don't log accurately.
  • psanoja
    psanoja Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well, I thought I was the only one. I'm glad I read these posts. I have been working out and eating lower carb for four months now. My scale says I'm exactly where I was in January. My clothes say otherwise. It's great to feel the loose clothes over my body, but would like as well some validation from the scale :happy:
    Now, four months ago, I was working out several days a week, logging my calories and creating a daily calorie deficit, yet no weight loss occurred. I ran into this trainer back in May, who said I needed to add strength training and increase my muscle mass in the greater muscle groups as the only way to exercise and lose weight. That's what I did, and it worked like a charm.
    I understand though that some people don't like buliing up (I didn't back then).
  • ForneverStar
    Options
    You must have a terrible metabolism then, i walk 30 minutes to an hour a day, I eat really whatever i like usually around 1500-2000 calories a day, and ive lost almost 30 pounds
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    * Note to self *

Let dead threads stay dead

Pirate_zombie1.png
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I would not go so far as to say ANYONE has a terrible metabolism wow that's polite! Dude you are 18 with no picture displayed learn some proper etiquette! You just need to retrain your metabolism you might not eat frequent enough try doing Dr Ian Shred The Revolutionary Diet 6 weeks 4 inches and follow it and you will see your body change! That will help you to get the right amour of food I don't go to far from 1200-1300 but I have to change from time to time . You can do it just write a list of ALL the things you can see that you have seen major changes!
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I eat way under my alloted calories however, I still can't lose weight!

Here's what's going on:

1.) You underestimate the calories you are eating. Log all drinks, condiments, veggies, fruits, and at LEAST measure everything. . . ideally you should be weighing the foods with a scale. Eyeballing portions is often the issue.

2.) Unlikely, but it's possible that you have a medical condition that affects your metabolism so you're overestimating the amount of calories you need.

3.) You're overestimating the calories you burn through exercise. Many people log the number of calories burned that the machines at the gym give them and this is usually more than they actually burn.

Ignore people saying that you're not eating enough to lose weight. That's like me saying my car won't start because my gas tank is only HALF full instead of completely full. The laws of physics say that this makes no sense. If you're eating under your maintenance, you WILL lose weight. If you need 2000 calories to maintain your current weight for your age/height/weight/activity level, then you will lose weight if you eat ANY number of calories below that. Your body cannot hold onto weight if you are eating in a deficit. It may take a couple of days for your body to enter a catabolic state (breaking down/losing weight), but you will lose weight.

If you log every single calorie that you eat, weigh the foods you eat and only eat back half of your exercise calories, you should lose weight. If not, then your estimates for what you need are too high and you need to eat less.