Juice vs. Water, Does juice work the same way?

Options
2»

Replies

• heathergettingfit
    Options
    When you drink fluids that contain sugars, calories, etc. your body ends up using water reserves to process these fluids. You body benefits more from water consumption. If you are not drinking enough water and consuming high calorie/sugar fluids you are causing your body to run low on the vital water istneeds to function on a daily basis.

Try drinking water ice cold, with lemon or lime juice squeezed in. Also setting a schedule--drink 8 oz. of water at the top of every hour. Once you make this a part of you day, every day you will see the health benefits.
  • extellfarve3
    Options
    Some flavors of Crystal Light contain aspartame, one of the most dangerous artificial sweeteners. Side effects of aspartame include headaches, anxiety, abdominal pain, nausea, heart palpitations and irritable bowel syndrome. Acesulfame potassium is another artificial sweetener used in some Crystal Light varieties. This sweetener contains methylene chloride, which is a known carcinogen. Therefore, long-term use of this carcinogen may cause cancer. Other side effects include nausea, headaches and impaired liver.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Are you in the UK? What we call juice isn't the same. The diluting juice (the equivalent of using Crystal Light) doesn't make any difference to keeping you hydrated. If you find it difficult to drink water without the flavouring, just account for the calories and it's absolutely fine :smile:
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Juice would definitely hydrate you, but that's a LOT of calories. You don't really need to drink 8 glasses of water either.

If your pee is clear or very light yellow (barely visible), you're doing fine on hydration.

If your pee is a darker shade of yellow, you should drink more water.

If your pee is blue, stop drinking food coloring and/or eating smurfs.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options

If your pee is blue, stop drinking food coloring and/or eating smurfs.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • DrunkenFaeGirl
    Options
    I clean and cut fruits to put in pitchers of water over night to flavor it. Citrus fruits work great but so does flavorful apples and a cinnamon stick. I'm sure berries would be yummy too.
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I hate water, even flavoured water brands.

So I buy Vimto zero calorie diluting. And drink Pepsi Max.

Sure its not as good for you as water but after having tried consistently to drink water for years and hating it, I just go for the less calorific option. Zero Cal ( under 6 cals ) drinks.