Hypothetical -For those who work in an office.

Options
Maximus
Maximus Posts: 12,256 Member
For $50,000 (tax free) would you be willing to bring your home computer to work every day? Here's the catch - its not a laptop. We're talking a full blown desk top. It would include the CPU tower, the monitor, and the keyboard. And its not a MAC. This is a PC. And you would have to do it for an entire year. Each and every work day you would have to take it home and bring it back.

Discuss.

Replies

• BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I think I would...where do you come up with this stuff Max? lol!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I think I would...where do you come up with this stuff Max? lol!

The voices in his head talk to him.

No. I would not do it. It would waste too much time setting up and taking down everyday. We all know that time is money. 50k wouldn't cut it for me, frankly.
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    per year right??? :wink:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I can't answer. I don't work in an office. :grumble:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    per year right??? :wink:

Well, it was $50K for one year.

Is that in addition to my salary - or is it just 50K, flat rate?
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I would buy a laptop with the $50,000 or leave the computer there.

If they wouldn't let me, then it would depend on how many flights of stairs I had to go up and how many weeks vacation I am entitled to.
  • TamTastic
    Options

I thought you did something on Saturdays. If so, would you do that every Saturday for $10,000?

(In both cases, it works out to be about $192 per day)
    Oh yes, I forgot about my Saturday gig.

Yes, I would do it. I mean, after awhile it would become habit and wouldn't be a big deal anymore. I would bring a hand dolly and haul it all up at once.....no biggie! :wink: And I would figure out a way to have it already set up on the hand dolly, so all I had to do was plug it in and go to work.

TA DA!!! :laugh:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options

I thought you did something on Saturdays. If so, would you do that every Saturday for $10,000?

Yes, I would do it. I mean, after awhile it would become habit and wouldn't be a big deal anymore. I would bring a hand dolly and haul it all up at once.....no biggie! :wink: And I would figure out a way to have it already set up on the hand dolly, so all I had to do was plug it in and go to work.

And THEN you would log all the calories burned hauling all that crap up and have exercise taken care of as well!
  • TamTastic
    Options

And THEN you would log all the calories burned hauling all that crap up and have exercise taken care of as well!
    Exxxxaccerrryyy!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'd do it. If I could pay off my student loans (which 50K would do, barely) just by carrying and setting up a computer every day for a year. PAH! I would SOOOOOOOOOOOOO do it. :laugh:
  • vanessadawn
    Options
    Heck yes, I mean that's more then I make at my current job. So it would definitely be worth it :laugh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'd do it. I could use the extra money to pay off my credit cards. My computer is a flat screen. :bigsmile:
  • mwatanabe
    mwatanabe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Honostly,
    I haul my lap top around with me now, and I think that's bad enough. I ride a bike, which means I would be driving my truck more. It's a five minute drive to work which I would be spending that all in gas as compared to bike power. Plus I would lose most of my exercise time. Plus, with the fact that it takes fifteen minutes to set up, and then another fifteen to take down, it wouldn't the most efficient thing to do. I would say no. I like my bike, and I love my laptop too much!
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Hmmm.....50K and the opportunity to waste at least 1 hour a day setting up/taking down the computer, what's not to like about this. :laugh: