Hypothetical -For those who work in an office.

Options

Replies

• kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Again.........show me the Money!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Heck yeah man :bigsmile: I could pay off both cars, my credit cards, and my student loans. Which means more monthly income after the fact. Definately worth it to me. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: And for what an extra hour of work a day? (this is just Monday thru Friday though, right?...I mean if I have to I'd do weekends too but :grumble: that would cut into my :drinker: :smokin: time :tongue: )And it burns more calories so I could do a shorter workout which means it's not using up as much time as it sounds like. It doesn't take me long to set mine up. A pain? yes....but worth it to me. :drinker: Again...its not self-degrating and nothing morally wrong with it. So I'm all for it :bigsmile:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    and what job will pay you 50K a year for an hour a day work, ya know? I mean I'm already getting my salary so basically that 50K is for what 5 hours a week?:drinker:

I like the ideas Max....will you be my new boss? So far use my own computer...bring it in take it home every day...and a papercut every day for a year and I've got half my debt paid off :laugh: Ok well not half but ummmmmm close to it anyway...a little over a 3rd of it :drinker:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Yes. For $50k, or $192 a day, it's worth the hassle.
    It would become old hat afer a while anyhow. Just the normal morning and evening routine.

Interesting question Max.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Maximus wrote: »
    per year right??? :wink:

Well, it was $50K for one year.

Is that in addition to my salary - or is it just 50K, flat rate?

In addition to your salary. A year-end bonus after you have done it for the entire year.

I'd do it..setting up and breaking down would just become part of the daily routine, along with brushing teeth, taking vitamins and putting on sox before shoes...But I want half up front ;)
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I don't think setting up a computer is really that hard and it would become routine in no time. I don't have a home computer though, just a broken laptop. Can I get an advance on that $50K?
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Am I allowed to engineer something to transport said computer set up in/on and also a docking station of sorts to limit the amount of hook up and tear down I have to do every day? Yes? Then, sure. I'll create a portable, rolling, hydraulic device which includes a modified docking station. This will lift into place at my work station or remote office - wherever I have to work that day. I will then plug it into my home made docking station and begin working. At the end of the day, I'll unplug, lower it down and roll it out to my vehicle. Of course, I will also engineer something that assists with getting it in and out of my vehicle.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I'm still slow with the logistics of the MFP forums, but how does one find threads this old in order to bring them back to life? Like how would you even search for it?

Anyway, probably yes. I think it would be a giant pain in the balls and I'd gripe about it every day and would probably be unhappier on a daily basis, but I'd do it for the cash.
  • debrakgoogins
    Options

Yes, that is allowed. But I'm guessing that portable,hydraulic docking station will cost you $50k to design and construct.

handface.gif

You're right. Although, if I took a walk around my line supply dock, I'm pretty sure I could find everything I need. But...I think I'll put my rocket scientist/aerospace engineering son to work on it. I'm pretty sure he has that stuff just laying around in his lab. He can patent it and use it for future Mars exploration missions. The government will pay him for his invention. He'll get his name in a few journals. Maybe even have his name dropped in an episode of The Big Bang Theory. I'll get a $50k bonus. It's a plan.

• JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    JenAndSome wrote: »
    Absolutely. I don't think setting up a computer is really that hard and it would become routine in no time. I don't have a home computer though, just a broken laptop. Can I get an advance on that $50K?

NO YOU MAY NOT! you have to complete the one-year task in order to receive the $50K

F it. I'm out.

• debrakgoogins
    Options

I see a Johnny Cash song in the makin'

Can't it be Nathaniel Rateliff instead?
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    For $50,000 (tax free) would you be willing to bring your home computer to work every day...
    When I haul my camera and camera gear around -- which is about that much -- I nowhere near get that type of deduction with deprecation and all.

So yes.
  • Fit4LifeGal79
    Fit4LifeGal79 Posts: 5,577 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    is the time spent on setting up and taking it down included in my work day or is this on my own time? And technically my office is my home 3 days a week so do I only get $20K for the days I'm in the actual office building?