Greek Yogurt?

Options

Replies

• AndrewTub
    AndrewTub Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll add one or two packts of fat free hot chocolate (20-25 cal each) to plain nonfat greek yogurt and it tastes like chocolate cheesecake.

Right I'm doing this tonight slurp !
  • Tracey_Smith
    Options
    Just as it comes, straight from the pot - Deeeeelicious x
  • labrat26
    labrat26 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    breaskfast smoothie.....1/2 c. milk, 1 banana, 1/4 c. liquid egg whites, 175g Greek yogurt , mixed frozen berries, little honey or Splenda. This drink will keep you full til way past lunch.......LOTS of Protein.
  • kecmorgan
    kecmorgan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You could try Oikos by Dannon. I hated Greek Yogurt before I tried that brand. It tastes just like regular yogurt and has 12g of protein!
  • ardeornellis
    ardeornellis Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I like the Athenos brand with strawberry fruit (that comes with it) I add a packet of truvia to sweeten just a tad.. That's it..:)
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I use Chobani Non fat plain. the night before I take a handful of frozen raspberries out of the freezer, let them thaw in the fridge. Add them to the yogurt in the a.m. with a little stevia or splenda. It's my go-to breakfast!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I add 1/2 cup blueberries, 6 sliced strawberries, 2 tbsp almond slivers and 1 tsp of honey. I also use it in place of sour cream for anything - baking, potatoes, dressings. The stuff is awesome!
  • goodbyeexcess
    Options
    Chobani is MUCH better.
    Mix that with 1 packet sugar free jello (10 cals only) and wala! Amazing snack. I especially love cherry flavor. So good :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • vancouveritegirl
    Options
    Add vanilla protein powder, bananas, and cinnamon!!
  • slimmer189
    slimmer189 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Chobani greek vanilla - love it just the way it is
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I love the Chobani Greek yogurt the best. I make a smoothie out of it....one carton of fruited Chobani, one serving of frozen fruit (I keep a supply of fresh fruit frozen in individual bags in the freezer), a scoop of UNJURY Protein Powder and 4-5 ice cubes and blend away...thick and yummy. This gives me nearly 35 grams of protein. I take the same recipe and add 1 cup of 1% milk and turn it into a milk shake and 46 grams of protein

Pam aka Cherubcrnp
  • huetd
    huetd Posts: 1
    Options
    I like to make yogurt smoothies.

Add yogurt, fruit and blend.
  • Pucker508
    Pucker508 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl suggests stirring Crystal Light powder of your choice into plain greek yogurt.
    I've done this with the Pure Crystal Light powder in Lemonade and Mixed Berry...very tasty :-)
  • Vmyers4332
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of the yogurt, but recently started eating it. Normally, I toss some yogurt and fruit in a blender and eat. I love mixing blueberries or raspberries in the batch.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Stewed apples or plums, hot. Put a dollop of Greek yogurt on top, I use Total 0%. Yummy.
  • GeekGirlOnAQuest
    GeekGirlOnAQuest Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I also use the fat free Greek yogurt in place of sour cream. My absolute favorite is to add hot cocoa mix to it - it's so delicious! I also use it for smoothies and sometimes I mix it with pumpkin and some pumpkin pie spice. Oh, and black beans, salsa, a bit of Greek yogurt and goat cheese all mixed together is one of my favorite lunches!
  • Debi907
    Debi907 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Stonyfield Oikos organic Greek yogurt w/ chocolate on the bottom. One container is 110 calories & 10g of protein. I eat it as a dessert. Love these other ideas though. I'll have to try some of them.
  • SammieRae43
    SammieRae43 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lisabell16
    Options
    Bump
  • er1nya
    er1nya Posts: 87
    Options
    You can use it in place of mayo too!! I just made delicious chicken salad with greek yougurt,. I used:
    1 can of chicken
    1 stalk of celery chopped up
    1/2 apple chopped up
    10 or so grapes chopped in half
    1 tbl of lemon juice

I didn't measure but I put about three heaping spoonfuls of Kirkland brand nonfat greek yogurt in. You can add more or less depending on how you like your chicken salad

Then I added paprika, salt and garlic.

It was so good and you can't even tell that it's not mayo!