Greek Yogurt?

Options

Replies

• jjfelton
    Options
    I love chobani yogurt. I've never gotten the plain. I usually get pomegranate or raspberry. :)

mmmm soooo good!! :)
  • jajbharper
    Options
    Bump - I LOVE greek yogurt!!
  • healthyhappy
    Options
    So you got the Fage? I love this yogurt but bought the individual serving cartons with the friuit on the side that you mix in, It is sour without the fruit but absolutely delicious with it mixed in, so creamy and delightfull!!! Try it with the fruit!!!
  • dunq13
    dunq13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I LOVE greek yogurt...II think its amazing with pineapple mixed in. Also, like some other people, I mix it up as a dip and eat with cucumbers. Delish!
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I eat the Chobani stuff every morning. Peach, pineapple, black cherry, pomegranate, and lemon... OMG THE LEMON IS AWESOME!!!
  • BlessedMoon
    BlessedMoon Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Greek Yogurt, but will all of these amazing suggestions I believe I will be buying some tonight! I especially love the mashed potato idea, yum!
  • armacd
    armacd Posts: 95
    Options
    I like it with honey and cinnamon, on top of fresh fruit. Fantastic dessert!
  • armacd
    armacd Posts: 95
    Options
    I like it with honey and cinnamon, on top of fresh fruit. Fantastic dessert!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I can't eat fruit, but I love my Greek Yogurt with a little Crystal Light sprinkled in for flavor.

I also use it as an ingredient in casseroles, to keep things from being too dry; it adds some protein & creaminess (I make up casseroles a lot, just thrown together from whatever's in my cupboards & fridge...).

For a mousse-like lighter concoction that's very healthy, buy some of that fizzy Emergen-C drink mix & mix it into the yogurt.
  • gergullishious12
    Options
    I lOOOVE it with honey (not already added in like strawberry yogurt, add the honey in yourself)

also, I like to use it as sour cream! Mix greek yogurt with some fresh cucumbers and it tastes sooo yummy. Add a pinch of salt and pepper if you want some flavor(just not too much!)
  • kerrylou150
    Options
    I read two people said to add sugar free jello - what is the ration of jello powder to yogurt?

I love greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Heck, i don't even buy sour cream anymore.

2% fage with a packet of hidden valley ranch. My husband will eat that every night with veggies instead of junk for a snack. The first time i made it he didn't even realize it wasn't sour cream.

I have also mixed in the onion soup mix for an onion dip... not only is it good with veggies... try a tablespoon on a burger instead of mayo! AMAZING!
  • solflyer81
    solflyer81 Posts: 119
    Options
    Okay, so what do you Greek yogurt lovers actually do with this stuff? I got some of the Fage, and tried it-blech! So sour, but people seem to love it. What are you doing with it to make it yummy, or do you enjoy the sour taste?
    On the plus side, my baby absolutely loved it. At least it won't go to waste.

O M G i love Fage total 0%. I use it for everything. When eating it as yogurt i had a little honey, some dried cranberries and either walnuts or almonds. This stuff has a greater purpose in life though. As a former sour cream addict, i have found my soul mate. I use Fage in place of sour cream on my baked potato, mexican food and in my guacamole. I use it in smoothies and I even have an amazing recipe for apple pancakes that i use it in. I dont feel like i m eating diet food when i use this stuff. I love love love it!
  • schiggs
    schiggs Posts: 3
    Options
    The only one I can stomach is Pineapple Chicoban. That is really good. I have tried all of the others in a zillion different ways but can't stand it. My doctor swears by mixing plain greek yogurt with powdered ranch flavoring to make a veggie dip.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Some companies make a fat-free chocolate. MMMMMMMMMMMM
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I like the Dannon plain greek, although they just changed to something begging with an O. The fruit on the bottom is good and I like to mix in a little low fat granola or Grapenuts for some crunch. But my favorite is to use the plain and mix in about 3 tsp of Jello Instant Pudding mix Cheesecake flavor, I love cheesecake and this tastes just like it. Some time I plan to put it on graham crackers or mix a little graham cracker crust into it. I also use it to replace sour cream and in dips it replaces sour cream or mayo.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Felesina1
    Felesina1 Posts: 142
    Options
    What is your apple pancake recipe?
  • MamaKatel
    MamaKatel Posts: 180
    Options
    I use this stuff with everything! I use as sour cream (husband can't even tell the difference), also I make my own ranch dressing by adding a little milk and herbs, also I make yogurt pops by mixing it with fruit then putting them in the freezer. Basically any recipe that calls for sour cream I use fage greek yogurt!
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My favorite is mixing it with almond butter and Kashi Go Lean Crunch. Fills me up so much!
  • firstbarb1
    firstbarb1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree it takes some getting used to eating Greek yogurt...but once you acquire a taste for it you will never go back to the other thin, watery yogurts on the market. Also, make sure you pick a good quality Greek yogurt. Chobani is my favorite, but when money is tight and Chobani isn't on sale I opt for Dannon. I have not been able to find the new Activia Greek yogurt. Brown Cow is also tasty. I usually use the ones with fruit but I have use the plain to replace sour cream and such...yummy. I have trid Yoplait and store brands and don't recomment them at all.