What's your resting pulse rate?

Options

Replies

• Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    I've just taken mine - 64.

Normally it's a bit higher than that - usually it hovers around the 80 mark, and it doesn't seem to make a difference on how much or what exercise I do. I also have high blood pressure - we have a monitor at home but I haven't taken it lately but despite eating properly blah blah blah it persistently stays up.
  • leix
    leix Posts: 176
    Options
    average probably 51bpm
    i seen it at 47 bpm
    no idea if this is good or bad lol
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    About 58 when lying down. Used to be around 80 a few years ago.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. Standing up fast isn't good. I passed out once and when I came to they were freaking out because it was so low they couldn't get a reading on their machine (it was battery operated and OLD). They thought I died. Oh boy.

LOL, at antenatal appointments, I used to get told all the time that I was technically dead because they couldn't find my BP! There were several gaps on my card where they couldn't enter anything! :laugh:

My resting rate is 56.
  • HoneyBadgerVin
    Options
    This is interesting. I thought the average on this thread looked pretty low, and sure enough, a quick google showed it to be generally higher. There is an age-based chart at the bottom of this page, for example: http://www.netfit.co.uk/fitness/test/resting-heart-rate.htm

Do you think it is because MFP people tend to exercise more than the norm, or was it the people who are proud of their pulse rate who were motivated to respond to this thread??!! (Or perhaps both)

I kinda think it's both too.

Oh and my just waking up bpm is 54. So not much different from when I replied to this thread last night.

On a side note, has anyone here ever recorded their VO2max?
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    61 which for my age is very good.

oooooooooo really? What is your age?
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    53 - 58
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    210?
  • mattellis2
    mattellis2 Posts: 152
    Options
    54-ish sitting at my desk just now. 33 years old.
  • Bodhizephyr
    Options
    Mine is 67 atm - sat at desk age 31

I use Instant Heart Rate app. for android
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    45... age 38.
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Mine is 79, which isn't too bad because I'm really unfit ATM. Going for my c25k tonight with the HRM on for the first time while exercising so it will probably go into overdrive and blow up!! 
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Mine is 44... I'm 35.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Took mine a month or so ago...not fully resting but sitting on the toilet vegging out. LOL! I was getting ready for a walk/run so I had my HRM on, went to the bathroom real quick beore I left and noticed my heart rate dropping so I just sat there and spaced out and took some deep breaths and before I knew it, it settled at 55!!

Last time I checked it, I was 70+ and that was fully resting, laying down on the bed, almost falling asleep. That was a few years ago and I was about 40 pounds heavier and just starting to get back into fitness.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Last time I checked was a few months ago and it was 61bpm.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
  • sehrler
    sehrler Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Mine is 58, I'm 44 years old.
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    last week at dr visit it was 58, I am 51 yrs old!
  • hvpooly
    hvpooly Posts: 39
    Options
    I just checked mine and it was 72