Leaving??

Options
BeautyFromPain
BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
Has decided that she may need to leave this site for good. As good as it is for weight loss, there is a hell of a lot of negativity going around.

Replies

• jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    no way! Just get rid of the negative people, and focus on you. Stay away from the message boards! Don't leave because of others!
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Don't leave, just ignore the negative people and focus on all the positive. Delete negative people from your friends ;)
  • Charlottekd
    Options
    Noooo!!!
    Stay! Just ignore the negativity...don't let others affect you. xx
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Options
    Sorry you ran into so much negativity! I'm surprised to read this, because I've had exactly the opposite encounters with people! Best of luck with whatever you choose to do!
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    dont let the buggers scare away a nice person. Ignore them. WE all like to voice our opinions but some dont know when and where to taper it off at. That one person who you do or will inspire will miss you! :flowerforyou:
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry you are leaving.

for all the negative people on here there are many more positive ones!

good luck in what ever you decide to do.
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Why not just log your food and exercise and stay away from the forums
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    just like in the real world - there are mean people everywhere - you can just ignore them - there are so many awesome and friendly people here - find them, friend them - and if you dont like somthing on the ommunity board - just click away. I would not waist a second on the negative. :flowerforyou:
  • crobinson53
    Options
    Awwww... Don't forget to ask for a refund before you go :smile: Seriously if you were leaving you would have left without posting a here on the boards. This is your little cry for help. Do you need a hug this morning? :flowerforyou:
  • KelliesCupcake
    Options
    I know what you mean, but don't quit keep doing it for yourself and keep the really good friends beside you and you'll get there ignore the others in every networking site there are always going the negative people! Just let them get on with it!

I've also found there is alot of clicky ness where one person will get 10 comments per update when mine seem to be ignored or if I'm lucky I get 1 response. This does sadden me cause the people getting all these comments are close to the end of their journey where as I'm at the start and would love a lot of encouragement to keep me going. So I've only comment on those who have no little or no replies like me.

Just remember there are people on here who really want you to succeed :-)
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I have to say that I never really see negativity. Maybe I just choose to overlook it, but what i do see is overwhelming support. If there are some unsupportive, negative people thrown in the mix, then you just have to ignore them. This is a great place to be, and it would be a shame to let someone elses negativity chase you away.

Love your name. My 20 month old daughters name is Ellie and we call her Ellie Bellie all the time!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    There is NO WAY I would let one or a few people determine my healthier living and exercise...Don't run from it weed your pals out...EVERYONE here has been thru that battle..Find the balance that work for you..I have received emails for deleting people and been blast thru status but hey its their loss...This is not the road you want to go down..Especially when you are doing this for YOU..I hope you decide to do otherwise..Either way it go I wish MUCH LUCK in your success for this lifestyle..
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    See the thing is in my "real life" I am really trying to fight my depression and I thought that it was getting better but a lot of peoples' negative comments have got me down. You know what you may think I'm weak and yeah I am sensitive and care too much but thats what makes me into the person I am today and I'm not going to be ashamed of that.

I'm not going to just leave... I'm going to have a good, hard think about it first.
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Delete ALL the negative people and start again, ALL my friends on my friend list are supportive and offer encouragement when i need it - take a look at my friends list, they are wonderful people.

I know it's hard to ignore negativity but you need to surround yourself with people who care about you and your lifestyle - this isn't a DIET to lose as much weight as possible in the shortest amount of time it's about changing your life for the better and that takes time. It has taken me so long to realise this and you can't ignore friends or stop going out because your watching what you eat, you would crazy, you need to relax and take each day at a time.

I really hope you stay and finish what you started.

Take care x
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the message boards!

You are on the message boards! Which leads me to my next point.
    You get what you make out of it. You posted this in the fun and games section so I don't know how serious you are about it, however people sometimes complain about their school, their neighborhood, their state, etc. but in our disgust, and many times it's justified, we fail to see that we are part of the forest.
    Remember this quote "be the change you wish to see in the world".
    Now if you find a site where only positive people comment please come back and update us, I'd like to go there too.
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    Just stay off the forums then? Don't give up the amazing weight loss tool that this is.

That said, I think I'm wearing rose tinted specs, cos I've seen very little negativity on here compared to other weight related sites x
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    im sorry to hear that x
  • TheMrsBee
    Options
    See the thing is in my "real life" I am really trying to fight my depression and I thought that it was getting better but a lot of peoples' negative comments have got me down. You know what you may think I'm weak and yeah I am sensitive and care too much but thats what makes me into the person I am today and I'm not going to be ashamed of that.

I'm not going to just leave... I'm going to have a good, hard think about it first.

I'm sorry to hear about your depression, and i can totally understand that it's harder for you in some way that other people find easy. You can only try and do your best and that will make you stronger, how often do you exercise? I find this makes me happier (however my sister exercises in the mornings sometimes and she gets stroppy because she's tired - it's slowly making her feel better) - just stick with it and rant on here.

I hope you find a way to be happy x
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    I didn't know where else to post it? I mean its not really weight loss help and defs not a success story?
  • TheMrsBee
    Options
    I have to say that I never really see negativity. Maybe I just choose to overlook it, but what i do see is overwhelming support. If there are some unsupportive, negative people thrown in the mix, then you just have to ignore them. This is a great place to be, and it would be a shame to let someone elses negativity chase you away.

I agree. x