How much did you gain during pregnancy?

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
I think I gained about 60lbs, but I quit looking at the scale at 210lbs and said scr*w it.

I lived on maple syrup and had a 10lb baby, for the record.

Worth it.

Replies

• DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I think I gained about 60lbs, but I quit looking at the scale at 210lbs and said scr*w it.

I lived on maple syrup and had a 10lb baby, for the record.

Worth it.

since i have been preggers with my elephant.. i have gained 87 pounds..
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I gained 60 lbs. 205 the day I had my son. Thank goodness I am 5'10 because I did not look like I weighed 205 but my wide *kitten* said otherwise.
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    30 lbs on the nose.

8 lbs were in my 38th week alone... they ended up inducing me for borderline pre-eclampsia.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I think I gained about 60 pounds. I was doing good until about 3 weeks before I gave birth when I stopped teaching my step classes. I'm 5'3" and started turning my back to the scale at 195, but I now I ended up well over 200. I lived on pj&j's, milk, and twizzlers.
  • LotsOtots5
    LotsOtots5 Posts: 174
    Options
    I gained 60 during my first pregnancy and almost 40 lbs with each subsequent pregnancy (5 total!!). Right now I'm 15 lbs over my pre pregnancy weight of 130-ish. I never had to try to lose before, the baby weight just dissapeared over time. Then I got old. And decided to have one last baby and here I am :)
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Gained 60ish with my son. (he weighed 6lbs 7oz)
    Lost 18ish with my daughter. (she weighed 6lbs 1oz)

I gained more between pregnancies than during them :embarassed:
  • clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I also gained 60 lbs and had a 10lb 10oz baby. Unfortunately I was on bed rest from week 28-36 so I gained a lot during those weeks. Needless to say the bedrest was completely unnecessary as I went a week overdue and had to be induced. Better to be safe than sorry!
  • KnottyRae
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and was 210 on the day I gave birth...130 when I got pregnant. I'm sure you can do the math. I was quite literally a walking tree stump. That's really my motivation now, my boyfriend and I want to immediately have kids after we get married and I want to be in a super healthy place so that I can learn from my previous mistakes and not go there again!!!
  • tlzidon
    tlzidon Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I only gained about 30 lbs with my last child, but he weighed 10lbs 6oz and was only one day past my due date. I never once measured big, but I did do a little screaming when he did finally decide to say hi to this world. Of course that was probably because I had him naturally with no pain meds. I was sure the doc should have withered on the spot after the look I gave her when she asked if I wanted to touch his head. I just wanted him out, lol, and did not want to pause to feel his head.

I had no problem losing that weight while I nursed him, the problem came when he was weaned. He was such a big eater that I ate and ate while nursing and it was tough to scale back afterwards.
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    60 w/ #1
    50 w/ #2
    50 w/ #3

hmmmmm...... did i use prenancy as an excuse to eat? yup......loved it...
  • mommy2robert
    mommy2robert Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I gained about 16 lbs... Granted I only went to my 29 week of pregnancy. My son was 2lbs 11oz when he was born. Now ask me how much I gained AFTER my son was born. I went from 188 post partum to 222 in 18 months. All from eating out for 2-3 meals a day while my son was in the NICU, post partum depression, and meds that I was placed on after my son was born which #1 side effect is increased appetite and or weight gain.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I gained 60 lbs. 205 the day I had my son. Thank goodness I am 5'10 because I did not look like I weighed 205 but my wide *kitten* said otherwise.

I'm 5'9" and was big as a house. See?

pregnant.jpg
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    40-45lbs with both pregnancies......am now under starting weight but need to lose the 35lbs I gained from marriage plus 10lbs more...ughhhh!!
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I gained 50 lbs putting me at a whopping 250 when i had my son - he was 8lbs 3oz at birth. Gained 30 lbs with my daughter and she was only 5 lbs 9 oz - she literally fell out of me!
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I gained about 16 lbs... Granted I only went to my 29 week of pregnancy. My son was 2lbs 11oz when he was born. Now ask me how much I gained AFTER my son was born. I went from 188 post partum to 222 in 18 months. All from eating out for 2-3 meals a day while my son was in the NICU, post partum depression, and meds that I was placed on after my son was born which #1 side effect is increased appetite and or weight gain.

Now that's just sad :( Was your son OK?
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I gained 30 exact w/ baby #1 (he was 8lb 3ox), 27 lb w/ baby #2 (she was 7lb 6oz), and 30 exact again for baby #3 (he was 8lb 7oz). All 3 I went back to prepreg weight by 4 months post-baby-but had to work a little harder each time!
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I gained 35 with my first and 21 with my second.

I'm still 1 lb away from the prepregancy weight, and my second is 15 months old!! I hold on to the weight while I'm nursing, and I nursed her for 14 months. Once I weaned, 11 lbs came off in no time. Now trying to lose another 8-10, and I feel like I hit a plateau.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    60 pounds with the first one but I was 17 and bulimic. The day I found out I was pregnant I started keeping the food I ate and just ballooned. I didn't look for the second one but it was probably about the same since I lived off of Little Debbies oatmeal cream cookies.
  • leilani♥
    leilani♥ Posts: 579
    Options
    #1 - 65 lbs went from 105 to 170
    #2 - 70 lbs went from 135 to 205
    #3 - 60 lbs went from 145 to 205

I ate anything & everything when I was preggos LOL.
  • jterry03
    jterry03 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I gained 35 pounds... Still trying to lose the last 14........