Gifts for Bridesmaids!?! I'm desperate!

Options
124»

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I thought it was sweet when my hubby gave this amazing gift to my bridesmaids! He let me watch as he placed it on each one of them...it's those moments you take with you!
    With 10 bridesmaids, that would be impressive to present them each with their very own, at the same time.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    What about just buying some cheap baskets and filling them full of their favorite candy and cookies with a small picture frame and when you get pictures back send them each one for the frame? That way it's still personalized but can be affordable.

I didn't have bridesmaids either.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Necklaces to wear & keep?

Pearl necklaces are always good to give bridesmaids.

This is true. I offered to give all of my wife's bridesmaids this for the wedding but my wife said it was too much.

LMAO!! Wow you could have at least waited until I WASN'T taking a drink!!! I'm choking over here, THANKS!
  • avarielle1215
    avarielle1215 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i like the pocket mirror idea, or makeup bag with their names on it. or buy them a kit with tide pens, those dr. scholls black shoes in a bag, lipstick, a mirror etc...so they can touch up at the reception

Cute idea. And, since you may be short on time, you can buy these cute pre-made ones at http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/bridesmaids-survival-kit-10. They are specifically for bridesmaids and only $10 each so you can add something to it if you feel you need more.

Other than that, you may want to check around Etsy for something kitchy and fun.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Necklaces to wear & keep?

Pearl necklaces are always good to give bridesmaids.

This is true. I offered to give all of my wife's bridesmaids this for the wedding but my wife said it was too much.

stop it.....i need to lay low (biting tongue)

I thought it was sweet when my hubby gave this amazing gift to my bridesmaids! He let me watch as he placed it on each one of them...it's those moments you take with you!

How nice of you! I hope there was a video to capture the moment(s).

No f*cking way!! You let him do that??? You are a sweet wife.

Pearl necklaces for errbody..... get in line!
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I gave pearls but I got the necklaces on ShopGoodwil.com. I had time to browse the auctions. :)

Though I only had 1 bride's maid and 1 bride's man (gave him a money clip).
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    we had a girls night...you know make up, nails, hair.....and after the wedding before the reception i gave a gift bag of a candle, photo frame and flip flops wrapped in fabric scraps navy colored like the dresses. then after the wedding i let them keep the toasting glasses and the flowers i made for the bouquet....I made everything, it was fun

and ha ha on the pearl necklace bit i was dying
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I got my girls a bracelet with their names engraved, a little tub of lipgloss, flipflops to wear at the reception, and then I got them each something personal they would like, like the movie Eclipse and a Tshirt for my MOH, a book journal for my sister in law, and a zippo lighter with dolphins for my other bridesmaid.
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I did flasks the color of the dresses with their initials etched on. They wore them on their thighs throughout the whole thing.

I wish I was your bridesmaid! :love:

When in doubt, a bottle of wine always fits. :drinker:

yes yes yes! I love the flasks idea and I LOVE wine :-)
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    bump-for when I need these suggestions! :D
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I second the gift certificates or necklace and/or earrings that they can wear day of and after.

I had necklaces and earrings made for my bridesmaids and put them in a gift bag with a little pedicure set from Bath & Body and a candle....then again, I only had 3 bridesmaids.

I was a bridesmaid for one of my friends and this is what she did as well. We each got a necklace and earrings to wear at the wedding and a little spa kit to use before the wedding so we all looked awesome :)
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I only had 3 bridesmaids but what I did was went to things remembered, they have a website you can order off of with amazing deals too!!, and got them all engraved mirror compacts for their purse or what have you.

They are pretty, girly, expensive looking, lasts a lifetime and didn't totally break my bank which is a huge plus when you are saving for your own honeymoon.
  • gatorgirl7
    gatorgirl7 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i've never been a bride (cross your fingers y'all-lol) but i have been in a wedding or two...we were given silver heart chains (similar to the tiffany style) w/ our initials engraved. the other wedding we didn't get anything (which was fine). i've also seen pearl necklaces, earrings, etc. i liked the chair idea w/ the craft paint--it was something affordable and also personal (but i like stuff like that)--i don't think it's about the $$, it's about the thought. i think the picture ideas are really cute. i'd rather have something you made vs. something you bought...but again, that's just me (and i also haven't been in a ton of weddings so i could be wrong!) good luck!
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Drunk groomsmen??

DUDE YES!!! New plan I will assign each girl one of my fiance's fraternity brother! Then no gifts required
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Drunk groomsmen??

DUDE YES!!! New plan I will assign each girl one of my fiance's fraternity brother! Then no gifts required

But maybe you should also offer to pay for therapy after....
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    This is the compact that the bride got for us.... http://www.thingsremembered.com/product/Wedding/Bridesmaid/Compacts-Lipstick-Cases/Beaded-Compact/pc/2114/c/2560/sc/2622/158016.uts?refineByCategoryId=2622 it's very heavy in weight and not cheap looking either
  • katiegabri
    Options
    WOW! I am overwhelmed at the number of responses that this got! Thank you all! My budget for each bride is $15... which is crazy low, but I have to make it work! I love some of the homemade ideas, like the bridesmaid survival kit and the lawn chair idea... I still haven't decided though. They are all different personalities and would like different things - so I'm still stuck!
  • pankait88
    pankait88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was only in one wedding but I loved the bridesmaids presents my sister thought of!!....

She got us each one of those canvas tote bags with different patterns on it (im not sure if theyre canvas thats what I call them, but the affordable ones that are everywhere! she got hers from Target) and then filled them with a small mirror for the day, little wristlets that go with our dresses (affordable ones from a department store), little body sprays and matching lotions and a pair of flip flops that also went with our dresses.

Good Luck!! :smile:
  • katiegabri
    Options
    I was only in one wedding but I loved the bridesmaids presents my sister thought of!!....

She got us each one of those canvas tote bags with different patterns on it (im not sure if theyre canvas thats what I call them, but the affordable ones that are everywhere! she got hers from Target) and then filled them with a small mirror for the day, little wristlets that go with our dresses (affordable ones from a department store), little body sprays and matching lotions and a pair of flip flops that also went with our dresses.

Interesting that you should say that! I've actually decided to do a DIY monogrammed doily canvas tote bag (http://ashleyannphotography.com/blog/2009/11/21/diy-doily-canvas-bag/)... I experimented on one today and it turned out VERY cute!!!

I spent $1 on the doilies from the Dollar Store, $3.99 for the tote bag at Jo-Ann's, 74 cents for a stenciling brush, and I already had the paint left over from my bridal shower decorations. I hope the girls like them. I just have to figure out what to fill them with. THANK YOU for the creative ideas EVERYONE!!!
  • pankait88
    pankait88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Interesting that you should say that! I've actually decided to do a DIY monogrammed doily canvas tote bag (http://ashleyannphotography.com/blog/2009/11/21/diy-doily-canvas-bag/)... I experimented on one today and it turned out VERY cute!!!

I spent $1 on the doilies from the Dollar Store, $3.99 for the tote bag at Jo-Ann's, 74 cents for a stenciling brush, and I already had the paint left over from my bridal shower decorations. I hope the girls like them. I just have to figure out what to fill them with. THANK YOU for the creative ideas EVERYONE!!!

omg i have to keep that in mind if i ever need a gift idea!!! thats such a reasonable price and its thoughtful too which is important of course!